Changes at Expressobeans.com

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:16 pm

whalaw wrote: Update: February 19, 2019:

Hey. I want to inform our Members where we currently stand in regards to the re-developing/upgrade of Expressobeans.com. We have formed a Technology BOD Sub-Committee, comprised of our 3 most computer knowledgeable BOD Members. In addition, 4 volunteer Members have graciously reached out to offer their assistance to the site. My thanks to those volunteers, as their help is greatly needed and appreciated. So, those 7, and possibly a couple additional non-EB Members, are taking a look under the hood to see where we currently are in the "upgrade" process and, hopefully, will be able to provide us with some options/directions for getting this project completed. More later, I'm sure.

Thanks.

wha
Nice! appreciate the updates.

But clearly, what's "under the hood" is a sentient/AI form of CB, right?
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
murdock
Art Expert
Posts: 4225
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 am
Location: Krautland

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Best thread in a veeeeeery long time :pint:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25832
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Has the Curse of Schottenheimer been lifted? Stay tuned!
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51318
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:39 pm

Can't wait for the next site crash! Who's been appointed the Crash Czar?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
Posts: 4097
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Contact:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 pm

Is this still Lawn Boy?
:cautiously removes pants:
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:23 pm

virtualmert wrote:Is this still Lawn Boy?
fudge, Mert, been a while!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
Posts: 4097
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Contact:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:32 pm

rubberneck wrote:
virtualmert wrote:Is this still Lawn Boy?
fudge, Mert, been a while!
:clap:
:cautiously removes pants:
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25832
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi Mert!
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
Posts: 4097
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Contact:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:37 pm

fredo wrote:Hi Mert!
Sup! glad to see this place is still alive for now! Figures when I'm considering dipping my toes back into the hobby EB is in danger of taking a crap. Props to all those trying to keep it together.
:cautiously removes pants:
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4456
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Best updating timeline since OCE thread. And speaking of scams,
aldobishalini wrote:It's unbelievable that one board member came up with ONE developer and everyone on the board gave the thumbs up. To sole source a project to one contractor in the government requires many more layers before that is allowed. Just like 35mmpaul said about ordering lunch and needing at least three choices, I think a lot of us are dumbfounded by that comment. I think some useful info when you have the BOD finalized is how many members of the previous board will be on this new and updated board and is that original member who came up with that overseas developer gone?? That is super shady knowing the details we know from this side of the site.

LONG LIVE, EBEANS!!!! :pint:
This sounds like a pretty classic/easy setup for embezzlement, right? One member, one overseas "unreachable" contractor, pay up front? C'mon, anyone check that guy's pockets?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8134
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:37 pm

not to bring it up again but yeah. might be good to know the who and the why they brought this developer on who was paid up front and walked away with $30k of money.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
Lowbrow-Ink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:00 am

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 pm

KSUvet wrote:Best updating timeline since OCE thread. And speaking of scams,
aldobishalini wrote:It's unbelievable that one board member came up with ONE developer and everyone on the board gave the thumbs up. To sole source a project to one contractor in the government requires many more layers before that is allowed. Just like 35mmpaul said about ordering lunch and needing at least three choices, I think a lot of us are dumbfounded by that comment. I think some useful info when you have the BOD finalized is how many members of the previous board will be on this new and updated board and is that original member who came up with that overseas developer gone?? That is super shady knowing the details we know from this side of the site.

LONG LIVE, EBEANS!!!! :pint:
This sounds like a pretty classic/easy setup for embezzlement, right? One member, one overseas "unreachable" contractor, pay up front? C'mon, anyone check that guy's pockets?
Regardless of the case being negligence/fraud on eb's end, there certainly needs to be more transparency on the circumstances that allowed this to transpire. All donors (& especially those like Rockbridge) are entitled to an explanation.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25832
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Heard somebody reversed the airflow on the money machine.

Image
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8134
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:03 pm

5 comedy points to fredo
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4305
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Lowbrow-Ink wrote:Regardless of the case being negligence/fraud on eb's end, there certainly needs to be more transparency on the circumstances that allowed this to transpire. All donors (& especially those like Rockbridge) are entitled to an explanation.
We'll let people know more when we can. Believe me when I say that I, and the other new board members, wouldn't have accepted positions on the board if there hadn't been an agreement to better communication with the members. I think Whalaw's initial statement and the updates show we're taking this seriously. We're just asking for a bit of time to investigate things ourselves and take stock of the position the site is in. A complete review of the finances is being undertaken too.

Please bear with us for a little bit during this transition period.

Thanks!
Post Reply