Changes at Expressobeans.com

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
charter
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:05 am

Is the cockcopter.gif still banned?
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:53 am

nah the beginning of the downfall of this site was all the shitty movie posters / commissions, and the myriad technical problems that started to crop up.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
rockbridge
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:17 am

Hi All!

I am glad to see some updates and a capitulation of the rut the site was in. It is very unfortunate that the donated money wasn't managed better. I donated $1,000 in good faith that the site would get updated properly. I am disgusted that my investment was not better managed, but there is so much data here that we all need and use that I would gladly donate again if there is a better plan put forth.

I have 3 requests for a new or revamped site:

1. Bring back the comments in the FS threads that truly were part of the EB soul
2. Create a collection valuation tool for members based on multiple print values (low sale, high sale, 6 month avg, etc..)
3. Every time CB types "the" it will auto-correct to "the"

I look forward to more positive updates....Don't let the site dissolve, we will find a way...Cheers all!
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:20 am

rockbridge wrote:

1. Bring back the comments in the FS threads that truly were part of the EB soul
Agree 100%
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:33 am

recycler wrote:...Create some type of program/code to allow sales to occur through ebeans, might be a horrible idea and back fire because ebeans might be on the hook for sales gone bad..., but this would be a cash cow, legit cash cow. Cash bigger than Codeblue's posts :-)
Creating storefronts was discussed as a way to generate revenue. Once the site is stabilized, I would encourage the board to continue to implement this. In the meantime, I would encourage members to go through EB links to purchase items - anything - on eBay. Even though this is a dwindling source of income, it’s income nonetheless.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
DMBfan
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:48 am

rockbridge wrote:Hi All!

I am glad to see some updates and a capitulation of the rut the site was in. It is very unfortunate that the donated money wasn't managed better. I donated $1,000 in good faith that the site would get updated properly. I am disgusted that my investment was not better managed, but there is so much data here that we all need and use that I would gladly donate again if there is a better plan put forth.

2. Create a collection valuation tool for members based on multiple print values (low sale, high sale, 6 month avg, etc..)

I look forward to more positive updates....Don't let the site dissolve, we will find a way...Cheers all!
I think rockbridge should get 4 requests...and blue should be the site mascot, who properly bitches at everything...it will only make us better as a whole.

I hope someone reached out to him to personally explain how $1k was squandered...I thought my $25 sucked.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:55 am

rockbridge wrote:I donated $1,000
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
rockbridge wrote:3. Every time CB types "the" it will auto-correct to "the"
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 pm

I have faith that EB will pull through and I'll donated again. Sadly, I have no talents to donate. I miss posting in the MMA thread

middle finger to Codeblue, miss ya buddy
mike123230
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:36 pm

DMBfan wrote:
rockbridge wrote:Hi All!

I think rockbridge should get 4 requests...and blue should be the site mascot, who properly bitches at everything...it will only make us better as a whole.

Can someone change his avatar to those dudes in the rafters from the Muppet Show? Please and thank you.

I hope someone reached out to him to personally explain how $1k was squandered...I thought my $25 sucked.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:15 pm

I, for one, am very concerned at the number of people coming out as lawyers in this thread. Of course that may explain some of the responses in the trump thread...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:01 pm

So first thing, can't express my disappointment fully in the $$$ not having fell into the hands of a crafty hooker.

If the board had been swindled by some real pros, I would almost respect it.

Second, thanks to everyone working on this and the road ahead. I know this isn't just a transfer of power and responsibilities but trying to avert this community shutting down.
virtualmert
Art Expert

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:35 am

So, what did I miss?
:cautiously removes pants:
hax0n
Art Expert

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:16 am

ImageTrade Stocks & Crypto w/ Robinhood | Bitcoin Options w/ Deribit | Trade Alts @ Binance | Trade Crypto up to 100x Leverage @ BitMEX
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
barneycantankerous
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:02 am

whalaw wrote:
barneycantankerous wrote:
whalaw wrote:contracting with a new developer.
alternatively a single penny need not be spent if you asked those of us in the community with the required technical expertise.

assuming a large chunk of that donation money is gone trying to repeat the same mistakes will seal this site's fate. asking the community (who have the same goal to see the site succeed) to donate some of their spare time to a dev project is something most of us in that field do anyway and will start to reclaim that dwindling trust.
Ha, well, we've been asking for years. Where have you been? Using members to complete the site, is our, obvious, first choice. The reason we contracted with an outside developer is because no Member would step up to take on the project. Another member, who is a developer, has also reached out to me. So, will you please send me a PM to discuss. Maybe we can get the two of you together. Right now, my focus is on setting a new BOD, which I intend to have done by this Friday, February 15, 2019. Once done, I will turn my focus to the development aspect of the site, likely beginning over the weekend.

Thanks.

wha
that's a fair point - i haven't been around that long, so i either was too late or missed the call to arms, also disappointing more people from the community would not offer their time.

i see the post is descending into a wish-list - so i appreciate that you guys on the bod are keeping laser focused and when you do get over the current hurdle do send me a pm. my day job is in software development but if a community project does go under way put my name down - as i've dabbled in a number of different topics and disciplines so i'm sure there'll be some tasks i can lend my time to
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:37 am

rockbridge wrote:3. Every time CB types "the" it will auto-correct to "the"
Done! (If you have the swear filter turned on. :D )

We'll see what we can do about the other two. There is a lot going on behind the scenes right now. It's very exciting and I'm feeling much more positive about the site than if you'd asked me a week or two back. We are however having to prioritise so bear with us.