Changes at Expressobeans.com

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 pm

As others have already said, thanks for the update whalaw and for taking the responsibility of cleaning up past mistakes and moving us forward. To you!

readicculus86
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:18 pm

I miss this place. I hope the HUT is reinstated once the site gets updated ;p thanks for holding it down Whalaw!
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:24 pm

theperfecttree wrote:New addition
The Heroes 17 Brainwash
http://expressobeans.com/jump.php/art-detail/218267

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 pm

How will people pay rent if EB goes away?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
xangelx
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:49 pm

kansasbbq wrote:How will people pay rent if EB goes away?
How will Mondos afford Happy Meals? Think of the children!
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:05 pm

rubberneck wrote:
theperfecttree wrote:New addition
The Heroes 17 Brainwash
http://expressobeans.com/jump.php/art-detail/218267

Greatest thing to come out of all this
That's what she said
treweman
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 pm

talkingdeads wrote:When the time comes, let me know how I can help
Many of us feel this way. I think if the new leadership needs help from forum members, it will be there.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm

treweman wrote:
Many of us feel this way. I think if the new leadership needs help from forum members, it will be there.
murdock
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Thanks for the update and for the commitment to keep us appraised of how this will continue. This place is very dear to me and I would hate to see it disappear. I gladly donated some money when asked and it feels very weird to hear now that it basically went down the drain. If you need someone with organizational skills, let me know. I would hate even more if more money was wasted for no good reason.
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
whalaw
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:37 pm

hunterjax wrote:Best of luck. That new beta site seems to at least have the bones of an infrastructure . . . are you exploring ways to continue that work and migrate over everything from here to there? Or are you just abandoning that beta (and the money that already went into it)? Is further work on it just throwing good money after bad?

Appreciate the update for sure, but it's sort of left everyone with more questions than answers. Like someone else says, was there no written contract about the work the developer was contracted to do? I know it might be a waste to go after him individually - you can't get blood from a stone and all that - but can't you at least recover control of the work he did and get it into the hands of a new developer to go through, bang up, and complete?

Anyway, I have other thoughts and ideas and questions, but I guess until you have a BOD in place or locked in, there's not going to be much to do or answer about . . . again, thanks for stepping up whalaw . . .
Obviously, using the bones of the "beta" site is preferred. There is a contract, but read what I wrote above regarding foreign status. Going after the developer is a cost/benefit analysis. Right now, my focus is on (1) getting the BOD in order and (2) contracting with a new developer.

I've been asked a few times about dissolution. That's our final choice here and will be done only if it's a legal necessity. If it comes to that and I have any power still, I would work to ensure that the database is safeguarded.
whalaw
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:41 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
treweman wrote:
All of this is greatly appreciated. And, once the BOD is set in the next few days, we'll move on to the upgrade.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm

I can see of no reason why the name of the developer who took money cannot be posted on this forum. After all, it is our money they stole.

Please post it...the internet is a bitch.

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
whalaw
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:48 pm

jjttdw wrote:I can see of no reason why the name of the developer who took money cannot be posted on this forum. After all, it is our money they stole.

Please post it...the internet is a bitch.

Because I want to hold EB to a higher standard, it's really that simple. If we are going to address that situation, it will be in a professional manner, not child-like.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Luls. You do realize whalaw is a lawyer, right? Not a chance in hell he publicly names "the entity" if litigation might be pending at some point.

P.S. Luls @ using a foreign developer when there are plenty of domestic(ally sueable) ones to choose from. EB obvs tried to chince and it ended up costing em.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:50 pm

high standards? on here? :pint:
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!