The Podcast Thread

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Post Reply
User avatar
playa787
Art Expert
Posts: 1763
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 am
Location: Mos Eisley, CA

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:47 am

What podcasts are you listening to? Looking for recommendations. Could be any topic. Just add a brief description and maybe why you enjoy it.
(Couldnt find an existing podcast thread so I'll take this down if one exists already)
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.
travoda
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:00 am

playa787 wrote:What podcasts are you listening to? Looking for recommendations. Could be any topic. Just add a brief description and maybe why you enjoy it.
(Couldnt find an existing podcast thread so I'll take this down if one exists already)
Highly recommended for the designer types- unnoticed design that shapes our world.
https://99percentinvisible.org/

A fun episode to start with is #200. The Audrey Munson story. the most famous artist’s model in the early 20th century. The first "Supermodel"

Enjoy,
Trav
User avatar
playa787
Art Expert
Posts: 1763
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 am
Location: Mos Eisley, CA

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:11 am

travoda wrote:
playa787 wrote:What podcasts are you listening to? Looking for recommendations. Could be any topic. Just add a brief description and maybe why you enjoy it.
(Couldnt find an existing podcast thread so I'll take this down if one exists already)
Highly recommended for the designer types- unnoticed design that shapes our world.
https://99percentinvisible.org/

A fun episode to start with is #200. The Audrey Munson story. the most famous artist’s model in the early 20th century. The first "Supermodel"

Enjoy,
Trav
Nice! I've heard of her! through a film podcast. She did the first nude scene in American film I believe.
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2401
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Comedy- Earwolf network which is mostly improv comedy as well (Comedy Bang Bang, ANALYZE PHISH etc).

Interview- JRE (Joe Rogan) great long interviews with brilliant minds (and the fight companion episodes are cool as well if your into MMA)
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2401
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Also from Nerdist, the show "You Made it Weird" (Pete Holmes) mainly for the two Harris Wittles interviews which are a must hear, especially if you are a fan of "Parks and Recreation"/ "Eastbound and Down". Personally, I'm not a huge Pete Holmes fan but there are many other great interviews with stand up comics, improv players, and comedy writers.
User avatar
ciphe
Art Expert
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Comedy:
TigerBelly
Your Mom's House
The Joe Rogan Experience
ID10T

True Crime:
Sword and Scale
Up and Vanished
Real Crime Profile

Other:
Stuff You Should Know
Disect
The American Life
RadioLab
Last Podcast on the Left
User avatar
playa787
Art Expert
Posts: 1763
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 am
Location: Mos Eisley, CA

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:10 pm

SPAC04 wrote:Also from Nerdist, the show "You Made it Weird" (Pete Holmes) mainly for the two Harris Wittles interviews which are a must hear, especially if you are a fan of "Parks and Recreation"/ "Eastbound and Down". Personally, I'm not a huge Pete Holmes fan but there are many other great interviews with stand up comics, improv players, and comedy writers.
Huge fan of those shows. Must give that a listen.
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2401
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Post Reply