I'M A DAD

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12330
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:08 pm

So he pissed on me and the wall at 3am last night while changing a diaper. good times.
Image
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17398
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:45 pm

It happens to the best of us.

#peepeeteepee
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 5989
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 am

I've successfully gotten one kid through diapers and another through the first year of diapers without getting pissed on. It was a miracle
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
User avatar
tourist504
Art Expert
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: NOLA

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 am

Breastfeeding is great, but there's nothing wrong with formula if mom can't produce enough of the goods. We supplemented a lot then moved on to just formula and homeboy exploded in growth. Don't let mom feel milk-shamed.

You can't spoil an infant. You give that boy everything he wants right now. Worry about spoiling later.

Play/sing music non-stop, and don't go too far out of your way to create perfect silence so he can nap. He should be able to sleep in noise just as well. This will save you trouble later.

Welcome visitors. It'll give you a chance to do things around the house (laundry, cooking, dishes) while the visitors fawn over the baby.

Bumbo seat is amazing once he can hold his head up. A sound machine (we use ocean waves) for night time every night pays off in the long run.

Sleep when he sleeps.

Volumes more but this is the stuff that springs to mind... Congratulations. It's a blast, even when its not.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
User avatar
pj101ca
Art Expert
Posts: 2457
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Ott.Ont.Can

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:33 pm

If Adrian Peterson ever offers you parenting advice, best to ignore it.
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
User avatar
shoeless
Art Expert
Posts: 4731
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Nashville

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:58 pm

tourist504 wrote:Breastfeeding is great, but there's nothing wrong with formula if mom can't produce enough of the goods. We supplemented a lot then moved on to just formula and homeboy exploded in growth. Don't let mom feel milk-shamed.

You can't spoil an infant. You give that boy everything he wants right now. Worry about spoiling later.

Play/sing music non-stop, and don't go too far out of your way to create perfect silence so he can nap. He should be able to sleep in noise just as well. This will save you trouble later.

Welcome visitors. It'll give you a chance to do things around the house (laundry, cooking, dishes) while the visitors fawn over the baby.

Bumbo seat is amazing once he can hold his head up. A sound machine (we use ocean waves) for night time every night pays off in the long run.

Sleep when he sleeps.

Volumes more but this is the stuff that springs to mind... Congratulations. It's a blast, even when its not.
Everything here was spot on for us. Of course, every baby is different.
We’re going on a year at the end of the month. Our little one always seemed to have fear of missing out. Sleeping was tough the first few months but then it was on cruise control for a couple months.
Behaviors tend to pass relatively quick.

Help momma out as much as possible. Seriously. I felt like I couldn’t do enough.

Congrats
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
User avatar
jjay
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 am

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 pm

tourist504 wrote:Breastfeeding is great, but there's nothing wrong with formula if mom can't produce enough of the goods. We supplemented a lot then moved on to just formula and homeboy exploded in growth. Don't let mom feel milk-shamed.

You can't spoil an infant. You give that boy everything he wants right now. Worry about spoiling later.

Play/sing music non-stop, and don't go too far out of your way to create perfect silence so he can nap. He should be able to sleep in noise just as well. This will save you trouble later.

Welcome visitors. It'll give you a chance to do things around the house (laundry, cooking, dishes) while the visitors fawn over the baby.

Bumbo seat is amazing once he can hold his head up. A sound machine (we use ocean waves) for night time every night pays off in the long run.

Sleep when he sleeps.

Volumes more but this is the stuff that springs to mind... Congratulations. It's a blast, even when its not.
Jesusmalverde wrote:Infants are high maintenance. Literally can’t do a thing on their own. Toddlers are like watching your drunk friend all day long. Teenagers are like having roommates that don’t pay rent.
These two are perfect!
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3180
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 am

Congrats Soam!
User avatar
GoBluePanic
Art Expert
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Congratulations!!!
I'm not someone else.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12330
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:52 pm

It's only been what 5 days or so and he's growing so damn fast. Becoming more alert, checking things out, smiles when the pups come near. This is awesome.
Image
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10332
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:02 pm

That rules! Congrats again. But I gotta stop coming to this thread.
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 5989
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:03 pm

iambillyg wrote:That rules! Congrats again. But I gotta stop coming to this thread.
Get you a kid billy. They're loads of fun
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10332
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:09 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:That rules! Congrats again. But I gotta stop coming to this thread.
Get you a kid billy. They're loads of fun
Image
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13456
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 pm

It's not the money so much as the freedom that just evaporates. They certainly can be expensive but it's just paper, right?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12683
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:34 pm

We actually saved money for a while after having the first kid. We stopped going out and spending money at bars and nice-ish dinners. Then the daycare starts, and that's like a 2nd mortgage.
Post Reply