Horkey Club! THC2018:To be a madman in a world of sad ghosts

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17468
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:11 am

aldobishalini wrote:Obviously looks like I am way too late for this go around.
THC2018

It's now 2019.

:lol:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:31 am

kansasbbq wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:Obviously looks like I am way too late for this go around.
THC2018

It's now 2019.

:lol:
yeah, just a tad late.
but just because you see this awesome print coming this time doesn't mean there will be one next time. these prints aren't expected things when participating in THC. sure, they are amazing but they are honestly just amazing surprises to most of us. THC is really about showing off your Horkey collection to other Horkey fanatics and getting to see other Horkey fanatics' collections...which usually blow mine away! but you should never participate in THC just for the hopes of getting a rare print. There have only been FOUR THC related prints and this was THC round 9.
rka00
Art Expert
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:26 pm

southerngarden wrote:There have only been FOUR THC related prints and this was THC round 9.
Here's three of the THC prints...the fourth?

Image Tremors Have Ceased, 2019 Image The Halting Commons, 2017
Image To Honor Chaos, 2013
User avatar
noweyesee
Art Expert
Posts: 1436
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 am

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Image
rka00
Art Expert
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Ah, Plighting The Troth, thanks noweyesee
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17468
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:47 pm

All 4 are fantastic! :clap:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 pm

rka00 wrote:Ah, Plighting The Troth, thanks noweyesee
yeah, for some reason on the details page for PtT it doesn't say that it was for a very early (I think the first?) round of THC that TAPECAT masterminded. but according to owners of the print (which I now am, thanks to an amazingly chill member of our Horkey and eBeans community) it was part of a THC.

its freaking amazing too! and its COA is epic as well!

I know I sound greedy but I wish this new one had a COA with it...Aarons COAs are works of art on their own, they are unbelievable!
rka00
Art Expert
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:20 pm

^^ Yeah I checked out the comments and saw TC being referenced and thanked for his contribution to making this happen. I think all four are mini masterpieces but the the Tremors Have Ceased is my favorite at this time especially since it's part reptile (snake-ish).
User avatar
shredkeenan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:25 pm

southerngarden wrote:
rka00 wrote:Ah, Plighting The Troth, thanks noweyesee
yeah, for some reason on the details page for PtT it doesn't say that it was for a very early (I think the first?) round of THC that TAPECAT masterminded. but according to owners of the print (which I now am, thanks to an amazingly chill member of our Horkey and eBeans community) it was part of a THC.

its freaking amazing too! and its COA is epic as well!

I know I sound greedy but I wish this new one had a COA with it...Aarons COAs are works of art on their own, they are unbelievable!
PtT was from year two. The very first year, Tapecat made these wooden manta magnets for everyone, if I remember correctly.
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Ventura, California
Contact:

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 am

southerngarden wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:Obviously looks like I am way too late for this go around.
THC2018

It's now 2019.

:lol:
yeah, just a tad late.
but just because you see this awesome print coming this time doesn't mean there will be one next time. these prints aren't expected things when participating in THC. sure, they are amazing but they are honestly just amazing surprises to most of us. THC is really about showing off your Horkey collection to other Horkey fanatics and getting to see other Horkey fanatics' collections...which usually blow mine away! but you should never participate in THC just for the hopes of getting a rare print. There have only been FOUR THC related prints and this was THC round 9.
I saw a post on the Horkey FB page about THC and didn't know how to get into it last year (didn't see the FB or EBeans instructions post at the time). Just want to be part of the club is all for the reasons you listed, not looking for anything free. This print release to the club though is fantastic though, congrats to all those who got one!
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4405
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:36 am

aldobishalini wrote:
southerngarden wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:Obviously looks like I am way too late for this go around.
THC2018

It's now 2019.

:lol:
yeah, just a tad late.
but just because you see this awesome print coming this time doesn't mean there will be one next time. these prints aren't expected things when participating in THC. sure, they are amazing but they are honestly just amazing surprises to most of us. THC is really about showing off your Horkey collection to other Horkey fanatics and getting to see other Horkey fanatics' collections...which usually blow mine away! but you should never participate in THC just for the hopes of getting a rare print. There have only been FOUR THC related prints and this was THC round 9.
I saw a post on the Horkey FB page about THC and didn't know how to get into it last year (didn't see the FB or EBeans instructions post at the time). Just want to be part of the club is all for the reasons you listed, not looking for anything free. This print release to the club though is fantastic though, congrats to all those who got one!
my apologies, I meant no offense.
to be honest, it was a bit tricky this time around. because of the issues with this website, Talkingdeads (who is a wonderful human being for organizing and paying for everything) had everyone submit their photos via instagram with a hashtag so everyone could see them. I was stoked cause it was the first time I had ever gotten a comment from @Aaronhorkey himself...im such a nerd. I actually set-up a specific new instagram account just for THC. now I use it to post pictures of my art collection and such. its still linked to my normal instagram account, not like im hiding, I just didn't want all my other followers and "friends" to be bombarded with my Horkey addiction.

my best advice would be to start monitoring this board around October every year. that's when Horktober normally goes down. stuff may pop up on FB too but I don't get on there at all so id miss it myself if it were all on FB.
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Ventura, California
Contact:

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:24 pm

southerngarden wrote:
my apologies, I meant no offense.

my best advice would be to start monitoring this board around October every year. that's when Horktober normally goes down. stuff may pop up on FB too but I don't get on there at all so id miss it myself if it were all on FB.
None taken ;) And thank you for the heads up... I was headed off on deployment October so it was no wonder why I missed it this go around. I'll keep a lookout for the next one. :clap:
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
User avatar
talkingdeads
Art Expert
Posts: 7000
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: it's subjective

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:48 am

Clear archival bags purchased and delivered. Weather permitting going to cut the boards and start assembling the packages, start expecting a package from me in the coming weeks! I always do international packages at the end, so please give those birds a little extra time to migrate
User avatar
talkingdeads
Art Expert
Posts: 7000
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: it's subjective

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am

Also, any recommendations for envelope packages that hold 14” by 7” by about 1/2” feel free to message me! Loved the clear bags recommendation
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17468
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 am

talkingdeads wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:48 am
start expecting a package from me in the coming weeks
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Post Reply