fbmelthunters

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:47 pm

matowest wrote:
:clap:
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:30 pm

The guy talking about how he paid some service to notify him of changes to the site and subsequently how mad he was when he still wasn't able to check out in time was pretty amusing. The icing on the cake being that he threw his phone across the room upon failing. I remember waiting for the tweet when I first bought a Mondo print. I even had to fill in all my new customer info and still managed to snag one. In retrospect, I feel my success on that drop was more dumb luck than anything else.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Every variant sold out in 6 minutes
Things sure have changed from the 'seconds' drops!
ImageImage
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Kramerica wrote:The guy talking about how he paid some service to notify him of changes to the site and subsequently how mad he was when he still wasn't able to check out in time was pretty amusing. The icing on the cake being that he threw his phone across the room upon failing. I remember waiting for the tweet when I first bought a Mondo print. I even had to fill in all my new customer info and still managed to snag one. In retrospect, I feel my success on that drop was more dumb luck than anything else.
Remember back then Trufans were not as plentiful as today.

Plus when you can't differentiate between "Zomg Need!" versus "Zomg Want!" on a luxury item, temperament issues arise. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 pm

I do really like the second comment outrage of "$50?!"
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
meskell
Art Expert

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:16 pm

Kramerica wrote:I remember waiting for the tweet when I first bought a Mondo print. I even had to fill in all my new customer info and still managed to snag one. In retrospect, I feel my success on that drop was more dumb luck than anything else.
Need to know what poster to provide accurate success analysis.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 am

I don't want to bother with screen shots but toobs telling Ken Taylor his movie posters are "art directed into boring town" and the ensuing backlash has been decent entertainment for a Wed.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:17 am

Kramerica wrote:I don't want to bother with screen shots but toobs telling Ken Taylor his movie posters are "art directed into boring town" and the ensuing backlash has been decent entertainment for a Wed.
ohh I need a good lunchtime read...which group?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 am

jlabbate wrote:
Kramerica wrote:I don't want to bother with screen shots but toobs telling Ken Taylor his movie posters are "art directed into boring town" and the ensuing backlash has been decent entertainment for a Wed.
ohh I need a good lunchtime read...which group?
it was on Ken's fan page group on the pixies poster release post, but it's pretty short. Toobs' comment, then Ken saying I didn't think my last few were boring but to each their own. Repeat. and then end with Toobs: "werd."

I lolled.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:32 am

Someone brought it into Fight Club, where people piled on and there was some back and forth with toobs. Low sizzle beef but good enough for midweek morning.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:20 pm

From the Doom reddit
Artists aren’t the only ones who need money - not everyone can realistically afford to spend ~70$ for a print on a whim. Some of us who would want to buy a print like this simply can’t afford it right away, hence at least some of the complaints about the price.
:neutral:
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:35 pm

bunch of mouth breathers freaking out and taking my words out of context. Sure what i said lacked a some tact, but i apologized and spoke with Ken via DMs and he was cool with it, now you have 30+ man babies being extra tough on wed morning in their moms basement, it is very amusing but i'm not fueling it by any means, it's a self sustaining dumpster fire. I figured it would make it on here lol
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:20 pm

toobs wrote:it's a self sustaining dumpster fire
^life on the internet (and apparently off it too, lately) luls
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Kramerica wrote:Someone brought it into Fight Club, where people piled on and there was some back and forth with toobs. Low sizzle beef but good enough for midweek morning.
I'm not in the cool kids FB groups apparently! :shock: :oops: :D
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:23 pm

off the internet is more like a cathedral fire amirite