Loss of a Pet

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Sounds like Henry was loved very much. Nothing can be said to lessen the loss you are feeling, just know there are people out here sending good thoughts your way.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:18 pm

:cry: :cry: So sorry to hear.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 pm

pewter14 wrote:Nothing more to say than the 3 posts above this ... sorry to hear about this 1nkling.

Love to all you pet parents out there in this thread.
Thesage4605
New User

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 pm

My condolences. I can relate to the pain of losing a pet.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:34 am

We are absolutely crushed. Our little girl Maizey, who just turned 7, suddenly became very sick in March. We have had her at Michigan State Animal Hospital for every test except for a bone biopsy and they cannot find the cause. March and April were rough and she ended up staying in-patient for 4 days at the beginning of May. Over the last month her health had improved significantly and she was back to her old self in many ways. We thought the treatment and diet change was effective and that we had bought 1 year or so at least.

She took a turn for the worst on Saturday and was very sick Sunday and Monday. She had another ultrasound yesterday and significant changes we seen in cysts on her spleen and liver. We are still waiting on the cystology report but things are looking pretty bleak. She still has a voracious appetite and is drinking well but we've come to the horrible realization we may have to make the call any day now. It's incredibly frustrating having some of the best doctors in the country with our blessing to do what is needed regardless of cost and not be able to help her.

Maizey is a once in a lifetime dog for me. Never have one of our dogs been so completely devoted to me. We adopted her from a local human society by complete chance just days after putting our last female down. We weren't necessarily ready for another dog but she was ready for us. From the first time they brought her out to meet us she was "my" dog.

Enjoy every minute with you have with your pets.

She got her head stuck between these posts in this pic and was terribly embarrassed :lol:

I'm not someone else.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13 am

Oh no! Poor poor Maizey. Hoping for the best for her and for your family.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:32 am

So sorry GoBlue! Its heart wrenching when you can't help your pet. I was very very lucky when Henry poisoned himself when he was young. The vets had tried everything they could think of so it was just his youth and stubbornness that pulled him through.

Maizey looks like a great girl. I truly hope a miracle happens but take strength that if those doctors decide it or you know in your heart that its time that its the right thing to do. This has been my first experience of having to find that strength, its so hard. I'm sure you can do it because you obviously love her very much.

:heart:
readicculus86
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Had to put our toy poodle Banana :banana: down last Friday at the ripe age of 17. She was born in France, converted to Judaism, was fiesty, quirky and brought love and joy to just about everyone she met. Even changed a human or two from not being dog people to just falling in love with her. She loved to eat, walk around and snuggle her pawrents. People usually had one of two reaction when meeting her. 1 awe she's so cute, or 2 burst out laughing because she was just hilarious. One girl literally just pointed and said "OMG, it's a lamb!" :lol:

I adogted her when my gf moved in almost 2 years ago where she lived out her last years in five star retirement home luxury with 300sf or so of foam gym padding to help her walk, often bathing multiple times a day (from doing business in the house) and eating everything a dog or human could really desire.

Her liver finally gave out and her stomach just couldn't process food well anymore. But even on her death bed she was trying to take treats, as though to gratify us and she still nibbled mt hand as I held her head when they put a catheter in her. Man was that dog ever a fighter.

The night she left, she actually came back to visit us in spirit. We had a sensor light for her and even though it was set to the off position and we were lying in bed, it flickered a few times. We knew that was her telling us how much she loved us, wanted to thank us for everything and that she went to doggy heaven.

Banana will always live on in our hearts. My deepest sympathies to anyone who has ever lost a pet near and dear to them. Cherish every day you have with your loved ones.

iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:38 pm

Sorry for y’all’s loss. At the least 17 years is a great run, even for a small dog. She sounds like she was a real character, and got plenty spoiled and loved through her years.

(+ lol Banana is a great dog name)
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 pm

This thread has been way too damn active this past couple weeks :(
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:44 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:This thread has been way too damn active this past couple weeks :(
Yep, I'm regretting bumping it.. :(

Sorry for your loss readicculus86. Banana looks awesome! :heart:
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:57 am

So sorry, Reedicculus. Banana looks like a great dog. 17 is a blessing!

I'm happy to say that Maizey is still here and, even though she had another little setback after my last post, she is putting on weight and getting her strength back day by day. She's got her sassy attitude back too, always telling me what she thinks of my direction. We took both dogs swimming on Tuesday and she was such a trooper. She got some good laps in and was so happy to be in the water again. Honestly I didn't think I'd see her swim again so we are over the moon that it happened.

She's proof good vibes work. Please keep them coming!
I'm not someone else.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Readicculus86, that was a wonderful obit for what sounded like a great dog. My condolences to you and anyone who has to bump this thread.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
chrispeddler

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 am

They said that a loss of a pet (specially dogs) are as painful as loosing a human. I guess that's true...my uncle had a pet dog who died 2 years ago. Up until now, he still keep telling stories about his pet and still recovering from the loss.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:15 pm

i hate looking at this thread. had to put my boy Raja down 7 yrs ago and still miss him every day. finally got a new pup monday and took him to the vet for an initial checkup. As the fates would have it we ended up being in the exam room where we said good bye to Raj. It was everything i could do to keep from balling in front of my kids. stirred up a lot of buried emotions . having lost several human friends nothing has been as soul crushing as losing my dog. heartfelt sympathy to readicculus and anybody that has shared their stories in this thread.