Loss of a Pet

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:59 pm

:cry: Sorry Scott.
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:33 am

sorry for your loss
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:05 am

Ah drymount, so very sorry for your loss.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:18 am

Really sorry to hear, man. It sucks so, so much.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Ugh. My heart goes out to you and your family. It really does suck SOOOOO much to lose a beloved furry family member.

Hang in there.

If it makes you feel any better, I bet you that muther-drymounter Winston is humping some fine tail in doggie heaven right about now.

Go Winston!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Really sad whenever this thread gets bumped. I'm sure y'all gave your dog a great life! :cry:
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:34 pm

Bummer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
treweman
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Just read this. Condolences to you and your family, Scott. Dogs give so much and ask so little. Tough times.
sez752
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:49 pm

:cry:
SPAC04
Art Expert

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:01 am

Sincere condolences SScott. This is selfishly why I wont own another dog (at least until i have a family).

I just had to put my cat down on Tuesday due to a growth that developed in the center of his face, striping him of the ability to detect food and causing him to waste away rather quickly despite being only 9 yrs old and an indoor cat his whole life. I know this lot is mostly dog folk, but he was an extremely loving affectionate animal who was taken in by my now deceased Grandfather, and passed down to me once he died. I will miss him. His name was Rudy.

On a weird note the other cat that lived with him (Edie) was a fat drymounting basketball size cat, once Rudy stopping taking food Edie shrunk like crazy, refusing to eat. As soon as Rudy went, Edie began eating non stop again. I feel she knew Rudy was dying and for whatever reason didn't eat at all. Two weeks ago she was literally beach ball sized with what sounded like waking apnea-> two weeks later literally starving to death. Is that a common thing, or a freak one off?

Anyhow, excuse my digression. I am truly sorry for your loss SScott.
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:05 am

Since the first day I saw it I've always dreaded being the one who bumped this thread.

In the early hours of yesterday morning we had to make the hard decision to let Henry my faithful friend of over 15 years go.

It was the right thing to do. Over the last year he'd lost part of his sight, gone quite deaf and was exhibiting classic signs of canine dementia. Not to mention his tired old legs and creaky joints. He still bumbled on though, getting stuck places he shouldn't, pooping on floors and generally inconveniencing us. Even so I'd give anything for a few more days of that!

We're blessed that everything happened fast. He had some kind of stroke/seizure/fit type episode. The vets weren't sure but just knew it wasn't good news. He was pale, his heart was weak, but when we got to the vets he was calm and ready.

It sucked massively!! I feel like I've lost a limb and until you lose them you don't realise how integral a part they are to your life. My little boy used to say goodnight to him before going to bed and we'd go downstairs ready to say hello in the morning. He's still looking for him. :cry:

I can't complain too much though, he was like a cat with the number of lives he had. He poisoned himself severely when he was 4 eating raisins that were left out for the birds. He came so close to losing his life then that every moment since has been special. Even when he was getting me into trouble with his constant food lust which also caused him to wander off searching for it. He's definitely responsible for some of the grey in my beard.

Hopefully he's now somewhere better. Chasing rabbits. Stealing peoples food. Generally behaving like I remember him from his glory days.

earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:33 am

Awww, Henry looks like a little sweetheart. Sucks so bad. Even though we are cat people I feel like
The loss of a dog hits just a LITTLE bit more because they are generally more “present” in a home. Coming to greet you, being louder and more social, etc. so sorry ink. Gnaw that heaven bone Henry.

Missed your loss SPAC, sorry to hear about Rudy. What an amazing story about Edie though! We always have pairs of
Cats and have seen them do some very different things in the face of one of them being sick or dying. But this one takes the cake! Never heard of a cat described as basketball shaped. Lol. RIP Rudy boy.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 am

Henry sure was a beautiful boy! Sounds like he was massively loved and cared for. Doesn’t make the loss one bit easier though; so sorry to hear about his passing.
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:42 am

Henry was suck a handsome boy.
Wishing you lots of peace and strength as you mourn the loss of him.
It's never ever easy.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Nothing more to say than the 3 posts above this ... sorry to hear about this 1nkling.

Love to all you pet parents out there in this thread.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines