Callout: Ambient Life/Lineo Commissions

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:37 am

oldgreg wrote:I don't get how commissions can take this long. I've only done 2, but I timed it so that I didn't have money from members for long and using a quality printer like D&L means you get good fudge printed in a timely manner. So many people drymount it up though
You should be in the Fosdike one, two and a half years and still going strong.... Good times had by all
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:43 am

zeuscarver wrote:Please look back at the first post, last image, the credit block. Is the 'highlighting' around the font on purpose? or is it evidence of fudge photos or fudge screen alignment? I don't dig it but just wondering what causes that.
Probably shitty separations. Aseo is god awful at getting his images print ready
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 am

ajmmck wrote:You should be in the Fosdike one, two and a half years and still going strong.... Good times had by all
Oh that TMNT one? Wasn't that one supposed to be done first then for some reason the sewer one got done first? I'm so glad that I'm nearing the end of my days of buying commission prints. I got one more commission that I wanna do on the books, then I'll likely not do many more, if any at all.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:17 am

mobius006 wrote:a good commission group
Oxymoron amirite?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 am

oldgreg wrote:Aseo is god awful
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:44 am

oldgreg wrote:
zeuscarver wrote:Please look back at the first post, last image, the credit block. Is the 'highlighting' around the font on purpose? or is it evidence of fudge photos or fudge screen alignment? I don't dig it but just wondering what causes that.
Probably shitty separations. Aseo is god awful at getting his images print ready
Yep. Dude cant dop seps properly to save his life
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
howdyall
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:33 am

AmbientLife gave me fudge last night for filing a claim, promptly ignoring the fact that I had asked for a refund several times, dating back months. Says he's got proof that he shipped, when he shipped damaged goods that were damaged in his hands. Still won't give me the last $38, even though he's going to lose here, and they may take it from him anyways. Told him about this thread...wonder how artists who have been working with him are going to respond once they hear about it.

What an absolute tool.
howdyall
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:36 am

oldgreg wrote:
There are supposed to be metallics and GID on this print, but I haven't even taken it home from work, not going to bother checking. I don't want to see this thing again.
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 am

Still no reply anywhere, here or on FB. Dude is reading my messages, and ducking me.

It's not like I'm getting ripped off for a lot at this point, but it's still happening. This guy is totally ducking everyone.

If any of you belong to larger FB groups for commissions, please point out this thread. It would be in everyone's best interest to know...I may have gotten back most of what I spent, but he's still sitting on plenty of cash from others.
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Just wanted to go ahead and post here a list of commissions of his I am in, in case anyone is in any of these and forgot:

A Scanner Darkly - ASEO
Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone - Conrado Salinas
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas - Mike Saputo
John Wick - Vlad Rodriguez
Rounders - Hans Woody
Good Will Hunting - Greg Ruth
Ocean's 11 - Vance Kelly

Others I was able to find as well

101 Dalmatians (1961) - Tom Miatke
Jackie Brown - Robert Bruno
The Pianist - A.J. Frena
Training Day - Vlad Rodriguez
Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl - Conrado Salinas

His Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LineoCommissions/
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 pm

soam24
Art Freak

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Those artists though
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:15 pm

None of those sound good at all. And I join all kinds of trashy commission groups.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:21 pm

BenRichards wrote:Just wanted to go ahead and post here a list of commissions of his I am in, in case anyone is in any of these and forgot:

A Scanner Darkly - ASEO
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas - Mike Saputo
John Wick - Vlad Rodriguez
Rounders - Hans Woody
Good Will Hunting - Greg Ruth
Ocean's 11 - Vance Kelly

Others I was able to find as well

101 Dalmatians (1961) - Tom Miatke
Jackie Brown - Robert Bruno
The Pianist - A.J. Frena
Training Day - Vlad Rodriguez
Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl - Conrado Salinas

His Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LineoCommissions/
How long have those been waiting, if you have that info? Is he still ducking responding to people in those groups?

For reference, that's $40 per person for the art fee, and almost another $40 for printing, plus another $20 for shipping (which we know he's skimming on). If each of those groups has 30 people in it and have gotten past the art fee (that he doesn't pay until art is delivered):

12 x 30 x $40 = $14,400

That's a lot of scratch for custom wedding boots, personal art commissions at MondoCon, trips to Cancun and cruises to Alaska, and travel to Seahawks games from Texas. (And that's just the art fee - double it for the printer fee that he doesn't pay for months, if it gets to that)

Oh, and don't forget the custom X-Box controller. It's a must-have for any real Seahawks fan.
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 pm

soam24 wrote:Those artists though

I only joined as Ise was supposed to do this and now it's Conrado and he refuses to color it. It's a load of fudge.

Here is the last update from Ryan on November 11th regarding this.

Alright Guys,
First, I understand everyones concern. My lack of updates here have been a mix of both the Artist and my own personal life.
Some of you here know me, what I do, etc… but for those who don't, I've been very dedicated recently to my new job I've gotten earlier this year with the Alamo. And for the past 8 months I've been working close to 12-16 hour shifts (Almost Daily) especially over the Summer months and now again since we've started the Fall Busy season. On top of that, I'm also getting Married literally next weekend (11/19). So with what little time I've had off, I've been busy taking care of that. I've also been out of town several times over the last few months (Sept/Oct).
So With that said, I don't mean to use these as excuses because I've definitely let this group down on my end with the lack of communication and updates. But hopefully this gives you a little insight as to why I've lead this commission poorly.
Now on Conrados end. When we started with sketches earlier this year (April/May), he's always been skeptical on taking suggestions, especially when it deters from his original vision. For example, our first sketch had Voldemort as the main focus. And after mentioning everyones thoughts (mostly negative) about that concept/layout he was almost quick to can the whole project. He then asked to take some time to think wether he'd want to continue with us, (This is also when I started my new job) and while he and I did this, he decided to start UP. At this point he let me know, he wanted to continue HP but he had both UP and Mortal Kombat to attend to as well. And as I became more busy with work and he was focusing on UP primarily, we both would touch base once a week or so about updates on everything. Not to long after he came back with the revised (Castle) Version for HP, but by this point I was swamped with long days at work and was very slow to respond, give notes, etc… And I let him know this as well.
Skip a few months ahead (Sept), after UP was coming to close. Work was finally slowing down, but I now would be going out of town for a few weeks. Conrado reached out to me on 9/15 and said "Hey I'm pulling out of Harry Potter. I'm taking a new route with my work" "Its not specific to any commission, i just don't like the overall structure of this community. it's sluggish i just want to focus all my time on drawing personal pieces and mixing in movie posters for fun, and hopefully get paid through something like patreon. patreon is where im heading now, but im sure i'll continue finding new stuff along the way."
I then reassured him that we were and still are excited to have him a part of this HP series and would love to see his idea finished through. And that I'd be more available (commissioner lead wise) in just a couple more months (after the wedding). He asked me to reach out then, which I did. Earlier this month I approached and asked once more if he'd be willing to finish HP for us, he said yes, but basically if it's black and white. I told him I'd come to the group and ask, but I personally didn't want a B&W HP. And here's where we are.
Now I had not paid Conrado because of the uncertainty with this from the beginning and he and I were both ok with waiting until we were both happy. My contingency plan had this not worked (which it hasn't) was to ask my Artist for HP 2 to just do this one. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned who that was yet, but I've been in talks with Patrick Connan about doing HP2 for us and he is all for it. Just needed till next year to start. Btw please keep that within the group only.
I want to be clear, I should've been more vocal with updates etc…
But please know that in no way was I trying to scam anyone here and run away with peoples money. This was just a perfect blend of Timing & Life on my end, as well as Artists work style on Conrados, that this has become the way it has. And I'm sorry I left everyone hanging in the dark.
My plan is to continue this series since it's something I'm very passionate about, and I said my plan is to go with Patrick now to start this series instead of doing 2 since I'm assuming we wouldn't want a B&W HP.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
***Please keep in mind, If I'm slow to respond at the moment, I'm not ignoring you.
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.