Callout: Ambient Life/Lineo Commissions

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:09 pm

xangelx wrote:Another classic commission turd.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
howdyall
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:14 pm

xangelx wrote:Another classic commission turd. Congrats to everyone involved!

Sorry it was such a hassle for this end result.
Turd is right. I mean, I'd have been cool with the poster, had it not been so beat up, but the callout was appropriate, given this guy's unprofessional handling of both the business and the print. Totally not cut out for the job, and sitting on a whole bunch of interest free loans from other commissions right now.

Unless the next commission I see has a history of doing it right, and is amazing art for an amazing property, I'm not touching it.

Again, buyer beware. If you need this guy's name, feel free to contact me, so you don't get burned by an alt later.
xangelx
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:17 pm

howdyall wrote:
xangelx wrote:Another classic commission turd. Congrats to everyone involved!

Sorry it was such a hassle for this end result.
Turd is right. I mean, I'd have been cool with the poster, had it not been so beat up, but the callout was appropriate, given this guy's unprofessional handling of both the business and the print. Totally not cut out for the job, and sitting on a whole bunch of interest free loans from other commissions right now.

Unless the next commission I see has a history of doing it right, and is amazing art for an amazing property, I'm not touching it.

Again, buyer beware. If you need this guy's name, feel free to contact me, so you don't get burned by an alt later.
I learned quickly that when it comes to commissions its best to wait for an end product then buy it if you like it. Not worth the gamble when 95% of them suck and 99% of them sell for cost or less. Save yourself the heartache.

But thank you for alerting us to the situation. I will relish it, though not as much as that Johan LOTR disaster.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Another beautiful commission.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:59 pm

^ Luls

But the guy, the commissioner or whatever you call them, does sound to be a drymounting ass. Although the OP did remove himself from Facebook at first.
howdyall
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:18 pm

bubbie wrote:^ Luls

But the guy, the commissioner or whatever you call them, does sound to be a drymounting ass. Although the OP did remove himself from Facebook at first.
I removed myself from Facebook, but I asked to be added to the group again, multiple times. What didn't make it to the timeline is that I was current on all payments whenever they were needed - paid on time for everything when requested, even when he asked for shipping after ducking me every chance he got. The time I spent off of facebook, literally nothing was happening in that group except people asking what the hell is going on, and getting no answers.
xangelx
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 pm

soam24 wrote:Another beautiful commission.
Did a double take when I saw it wasn't Kyler that posted this comment.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:46 pm

nah he's too busy hoisting Trump above his shoulders & grabbing Ice for Richard Spencer's face
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
howdyall
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:51 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:nah he's too busy hoisting Trump above his shoulders & grabbing Ice for Richard Spencer's face
:lol:
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 pm

howdyall wrote:
You sure Chris Morkaut didn't design this??
howdyall
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:20 pm

I've seen plenty of aseo's work, he doesn't rank that poorly. Dude's good. That said, that print wasn't worth all of this.
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Please look back at the first post, last image, the credit block. Is the 'highlighting' around the font on purpose? or is it evidence of fudge photos or fudge screen alignment? I don't dig it but just wondering what causes that.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 am

It's been a year to a year and a half for all of the "projects"

Although laundering the money isn't exactly that when you pay for a wedding, trips to the Seahawks games and go to see the Mavs all the time when u work at a movie theater...
howdyall
Art Expert

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:44 am

mattkardish wrote:It's been a year to a year and a half for all of the "projects"

Although laundering the money isn't exactly that when you pay for a wedding, trips to the Seahawks games and go to see the Mavs all the time when u work at a movie theater...
This. I wasn't going to say it, but now that someone else let the lid off...drymount this.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:09 am

drymount, I need to go hit up the local theater for an opening! Does concessions pay that well?