All Things BBQ

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:51 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:hmm there was a thread for this that tapecat started....i had a bunch of fudge on there. Love, love, love to bbq and smoke.

Mmmm, pork. Edit - try that sauce recipe I mentioned a few page back or so. For my tastes, it goes great with a pulled pork sando.

I searched "BBQ" to see if there was a previous thread because it seems like there should be one, but I honestly didn't search beyond that search term.
Last edited by bryndavies on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageT.K.C.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Pretty sure it was lost when it wasn't bumped/posted in for a year.
evilpresence
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Bought a Masterbuilt 30" electric bluetooth that was on clearance at Walmart yesterday. Even with the long journey to go to a plant-based diet, meat will still be needed once or twice a week. I know that electric isn't ideal to the pro but it'll be a nice upgrade from not having a smoker.

YMMV:
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker
Item Id: 47423126
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Well, glad we're back in action here. Already lots of good info.
ImageT.K.C.
MacDaddy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:35 pm

evilpresence wrote:Bought a Masterbuilt 30" electric bluetooth that was on clearance at Walmart yesterday. Even with the long journey to go to a plant-based diet, meat will still be needed once or twice a week. I know that electric isn't ideal to the pro but it'll be a nice upgrade from not having a smoker.

YMMV:

I'm intrigued with this smoker and the one the one I posted about on the first page http://www.bradleysmoker.com/digital-food-smoker/.

I've never smoked meat before and am just looking at starting off with something simple. Any input would be appreciated....
davemfan
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:13 pm

MacDaddy wrote: I've never smoked meat before and am just looking at starting off with something simple. Any input would be appreciated....
Get yourself a 18.5 or 22.5 WSM (weber smokey mountain). You feed it charcoal and wood chunks. Makes some damn good food. Really great beginner and professional smoker. A lot of guys compete with these things. You fill the charcoal basket with wood / charcoal and it will burn for 10+ hours no problem.
Last edited by davemfan on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:26 am

MacDaddy wrote:
evilpresence wrote:Bought a Masterbuilt 30" electric bluetooth that was on clearance at Walmart yesterday. Even with the long journey to go to a plant-based diet, meat will still be needed once or twice a week. I know that electric isn't ideal to the pro but it'll be a nice upgrade from not having a smoker.

YMMV:

I'm intrigued with this smoker and the one the one I posted about on the first page http://www.bradleysmoker.com/digital-food-smoker/.

I've never smoked meat before and am just looking at starting off with something simple. Any input would be appreciated....

Any pellet, puck, or compressed wood smoker with a dial in temp setting will work just fine for you if you don't want to tend to a fire for hours. Basically anything in your budget that fits that criteria is a great place to start. However, if you end up liking this, you will want one with a fire you can from yourself for more fun and personal satisfaction.
ImageT.K.C.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:08 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
:drool:

Is that an apple slaw on the sandwich?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
evilpresence
Art Expert

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:08 am

First time smoking and did a pan of mac n cheese as well. Apparently I've been missing out for years......
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:57 am

Looks delicious!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:17 am

evilpresence wrote:

First time smoking and did a pan of mac n cheese as well. Apparently I've been missing out for years......
Hell yeah it looks good! Welcome to the revolution!

Rub, sauce ingredients?
ImageT.K.C.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:25 am

evilpresence wrote:First time smoking and did a pan of mac n cheese as well. Apparently I've been missing out for years......
Oh boy! Looks terrific. Add a side of warm stewed apples, (sweeten w/a touch of cinnamon granny smith apples), next go-round. Would go great with the baked mac and cheese/bbq.
Last edited by IWish on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:25 am

always enjoyed this site and talking with meathead. Lots of valuable information.
http://amazingribs.com/
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
evilpresence
Art Expert

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:02 am

bryndavies wrote:
evilpresence wrote:

Rub, sauce ingredients?
Sauce was just Sweet Baby Rays. Rub was from here and I did have extra. There was a kick but nothing my 16 month old couldn't handle.
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sea salt
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Onion Powder
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Garlic Powder
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Black Pepper
  • 1 heaping tablespoons of Celery Salt
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 heaping teaspoon of Cumin
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:08 am

evilpresence wrote:
bryndavies wrote:
evilpresence wrote:

Rub, sauce ingredients?
Sauce was just Sweet Baby Rays. Rub was from here and I did have extra. There was a kick but nothing my 16 month old couldn't handle.
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sea salt
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Onion Powder
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Garlic Powder
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Black Pepper
  • 1 heaping tablespoons of Celery Salt
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 heaping teaspoon of Cumin

Looks good. Try that sauce recipe i posted a page or two back. Basically just add ruby to ketchup and apple ciudad vinegar with a dash of Worcestershire (would normally add brown sugar but your rub already has it in, maybe add a 1/4 cup of it then to the sauce). fudge is good.
ImageT.K.C.