Stock Market Discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:41 pm

I’m hoping today’s NIO run means their earnings are going to be better than expected after the bell today. Hoping they hold AH (insert rocket emoji)
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:42 pm

That didn’t pan out well. Weird I thought I posted earlier that probably down it will go. I guess the post didn’t take (maybe I left too quickly?).

I actually was thinking to short it right before close, but didn’t. Instead bought puts for CAN, which may have been a mistake, lol. We will see (March 19 puts).
mlinderer
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:20 pm

I've been holding RKT since not long after the IPO and picked some more up last week when it dipped under $19 a share. I was not anticipating this kind of recovery
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:32 pm

^ I dumped the PLTR bags, put it al into RKT when it was already up almost 20%, also bought some calls. Sold it all at the end of the day and bought next week’s puts.

Also sold the CCIV Friday puts at break even (well, lost a buck and change in total, lol). Should have waited a few more minutes and I would make 50% on those, alas... They were down about 30 or 40% since I bought them.

RCL is moving up. Depending on what happens over next few days, I may be shorting it again. I will also be looking at AMD calls, depending on the movement.

If anyone here is holding AMC, planning a trip to the moon, here is a pretty great read.

Bloomberg: If Only Saving AMC Were as Easy as Buying Stock
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:39 pm

I am unwell. Thanks to ETSY I’m still green. It’s going to take awhile for NIO to regroup but I’m in it for the long run. I might grab some more....just a little more...little being the key word.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:29 pm

^ Yeah, man. In the long run, you are going to be fine, I am sure. In the short run, on the other hand, I think there is more weakness and still ways to drop. Not sure what I would do and don’t take it as an advice (I mean it, lol), but I would be averaging down (if at all) on the next drop because I think it will come down to $39-38-ish. That’s where the next support is that I see (roughly finger positioned, lol, horizontal line because I am on the phone):

Cktbreaker’s fibonacci’s showed something similar. Doesn’t mean that it will happen though. But many look at those points and set their stops and trade accordingly.
cktbreaker wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:53 pm
1hr NIO chart
I wanted NIO to gain the 52.08 like we were talking about the other day, but it decided not to gain so down it went. If it doesn't hold at something above 45.63 I think it goes to the 2.618.
Looks bearish. And then if Tesla breaks that $660-something-whatever-it-is support, it may keep rolling to the low 600-s and in all likelihood take NIO with it. Who knows. Hopefully, I am wrong. It’ll be fine in the long run regardless.

Frankly, my outlook is similar to that as far as the whole market is concerned at the moment (which is not really supported by graphs, etc).
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:09 am

I thought I would throw this out there. Perhaps, someone is interested.

This book is a pretty great read to learn about the technical side of trading (or some of it, anyway):

Charting and Technical Analysis by Fred McAllen

One can get a pdf version of it here (buy the book if you like it).

There are other great books, but I can’t think of the names off the top of my head.

If anyone has other resources to share, that would be good too.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:07 pm

Fomo’ed and sold the RKT puts way too early, when it got stuck in $33-34s and started climbing up for a few minutes. Missed out on shitload of gains. Like really a lot, lol. Feel like a donkey, but betting against the diamond hands has really thrown me off lately.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm

ABNB a play below 180? I really think this spring/summer it’s going to break out. I would love to get in at or around $173
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:26 pm

^ Looks like your wish came true, lol.

Lots of things are on sale today, but will there be clearance?

The only greens in my basket today are put options, lol: AMC (still a loss though, not sure if will recover), NCLH (up bigly), CAN (still a loss, but will recover, likely today) and a few others.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:43 pm

bubbie wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:32 pm
Also sold the CCIV Friday puts at break even (well, lost a buck and change in total, lol). Should have waited a few more minutes and I would make 50% on those, alas... They were down about 30 or 40% since I bought them.
bubbie wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:07 pm
Fomo’ed and sold the RKT puts way too early, when it got stuck in $33-34s and started climbing up for a few minutes. Missed out on shitload of gains. Like really a lot, lol. Feel like a donkey, but betting against the diamond hands has really thrown me off lately.
These two were really bad moves. I sold CCIV at break even (lost 17 cents on the whole trade, actually). If I held and sold it yesterday as planned , I would make a profit of $530 per put; I had 5.

I sold RKT because also an idiot making a gain of $39 per. If sold today, I would collect a profit of ~$390 per. I had 10. The plan was to sell when the stock dipped below $26.

Sad.

Didn’t expect a quick recovery today, so my limits were too high to sell anything. Work got in the way.

I wonder if diamond hands will let me profit on AMC tomorrow. Need to dip just a little more to account for premium. If not, I am getting more puts for next week, or likely the week after. I have $9 puts expiring tomorrow.

Edit: I also think tomorrow will be very red and hope that a stop will work as planned on one of my positions in particular. BTC appears to roll too for now.

Edit 2: Notice how shorts are more active for pretty much everything:

cktbreaker
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Early week got stopped out of GOEV, BB, FSR, SIRI, GILD, HYLN, CARG, U. Today bought GOEV, BB, ATNF, RKT, NAKD, HYLN, CARG (what the hell does NAKD sell anyway, lulz). Will be taking profits early on these trades. Already moved Stops to break even, not risking anything here. Still have a little NQ and ES short left.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Would be good if NQ could close the weekly candle above orange line.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:08 am

cktbreaker wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:09 pm
(what the hell does NAKD sell anyway, lulz).
Lol.

The day was quite the opposite if what I expected, lol. Worked out pretty great for me though for the most part.

The random “move” of the day: yesterday I was so convinced that today would be as red as they come that I bought 20 NCLH Mar 5 puts with a strike of $28.5. The total cost to me was $200 (plus a buck or two in commissions). Well, the share offering (15% of outstanding, lol) announcement in the morning could not have come at a better time. I ended up selling them at $110 a piece, lol.

Sold all the other puts I was holding that did not take yesterday. Missed the mark on the $34 NCLH puts by quite a bit but I didn’t have time to monitor. Could have made $3K+ more if I didn’t have to work and would actually be better off, lol.

Only bought VFF, VFF calls, TRLY calls, RCL calls, AMD calls (not entirely comfortable with the AMD, so we will see).

I wish I had more time today. Shitload of stuff was at clearance prices, IMO.

Also, saw EYES was going nutty very early in the AM, but passed on checking if there was anything behind the move. Boy, was I wrong.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:16 am

Also, those AMC puts were sold just below brake-even. drymounting diamond hands. I still profited because they were paid for entirely with profits on the exact same puts I bought and sold last Friday.