Stock Market Discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
theghost206
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on Chipotle Stock? This E. coli story is killing the stock. I haven't been following it too close but was down $24 one day acouple weeks ago. Down $75 today. At what point is it a good buy with the hope that the business model stays the same and the E. coli story fades.
jamel-d
Art Freak
Posts: 10531
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Jersey

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:25 pm

theghost206 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on Chipotle Stock? This E. coli story is killing the stock. I haven't been following it too close but was down $24 one day acouple weeks ago. Down $75 today. At what point is it a good buy with the hope that the business model stays the same and the E. coli story fades.
Until this problem is cleaned up, CMG will be very volatile. This stock probably has a good deal of falling left. It's taken about a week for people to get sick after eating there. Probably more getting sick next week.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
Coltrane
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:09 am

CMG has such a high price even with falling that I don't know that the return would be worth waiting it out.
1000steps
Art Expert
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Welcome to the sleaze pit
User avatar
optimusGRRR
Art Expert
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Boston

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Coltrane wrote:CMG has such a high price even with falling that I don't know that the return would be worth waiting it out.
The fact that the share price is in the $500s is just a function of the number of share sissued; there's just fewer pieces of pie, not a bigger pie so to speak. The price/earnings ratio on the other hand is a little high at a multiple of 36; if the stock keeps downtrending due to the ecoli thing, but earnings continue to grow as forecast, CMG should become compelling from a valuation perspective.
User avatar
MrWorldWide
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm buying Energy stocks ... they are horribly low this year. they'll come back.
jamel-d
Art Freak
Posts: 10531
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Jersey

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:02 pm

jamel-d wrote:
theghost206 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on Chipotle Stock? This E. coli story is killing the stock. I haven't been following it too close but was down $24 one day acouple weeks ago. Down $75 today. At what point is it a good buy with the hope that the business model stays the same and the E. coli story fades.
Until this problem is cleaned up, CMG will be very volatile. This stock probably has a good deal of falling left. It's taken about a week for people to get sick after eating there. Probably more getting sick next week.
CMG has rebounded nicely the past 2 weeks. However, today the CDC announced 8 new cases, stock currently falling 3.5%.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
mattkardish
Art Expert
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Paddy's Pub

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:01 am

taking the cfa level 1 in 8 hours lol
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25830
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Image

What a day...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
1000steps
Art Expert
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Skyrocketing OOF index
Welcome to the sleaze pit
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:52 pm

MrWorldWide wrote:I'm buying Energy stocks ... they are horribly low this year. they'll come back.
Assuming they are still in business. I have a TON of O&G clients that are pretty much 'zombie' companies producing and making interest payments. It's getting drymounting scary out there when it comes to O&G, though I have little sympathy after a 10 year boom and too many Execs with multiple homes. Ever heard of setting aside some Cash Reserves instead of putting IT ALL into Exploration? :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17566
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:53 pm

mattkardish wrote:taking the cfa level 1 in 8 hours lol
Mmmmmm, Chick-Fil-A
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22112
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:17 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
MrWorldWide wrote:I'm buying Energy stocks ... they are horribly low this year. they'll come back.
Assuming they are still in business. I have a TON of O&G clients that are pretty much 'zombie' companies producing and making interest payments. It's getting drymounting scary out there when it comes to O&G, though I have little sympathy after a 10 year boom and too many Execs with multiple homes. Ever heard of setting aside some Cash Reserves instead of putting IT ALL into Exploration? :lol:
drymounting scary is right. :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
hax0n
Art Expert
Posts: 2784
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm
Location: Keepin' Austin Weird

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Oil has bottomed tho right?
Image
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22112
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:57 pm

hax0n wrote:Oil has bottomed tho right?
I'm not sure if you're serious. I don't think it's hit bottom. fudge, dropped $1.91/bbl today. I'm guessing it'll drop to $15/bbl. Bloody drymounting mess.

EDIT: fudge, didn't realize it rallied back today, and not the down 1.91 i thought... Regardless, I don't think we've seen the bottom yet.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Post Reply