Buyer BEWARE "Klub"

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:28 am

Blast from the past story time!

I was but a wee little lad to zee art collecting world when this tale took place. It was the year 2000....and 10.

I always wanted a Long Quiet Life by the one and only Dan McCarthy. Well this fucktard by the name of Klub had one for sale. Feedback was good so I rolled with it. Price was good too asked about the condition(like all the pros do right?) and he said it was good. No dings or creases blah blah. I said coo and sent the funds. If I remember right it was 200 shipped. Anywho, when the print arrived I was creaming in the pants while the print was still tubed up. Needless to say, I was jizzing all over the damn place by the time I had that thing unrolled. It took me a second but BOOM some good ol scuffs on the print.

Think this might of been my first transaction on here but not sure. Definite noob.

Emotions were all over the place. I was pissed. I was flustered. I was excited about the new print. Back to pissed. Okay it's not that bad. Yeah it is. But dammit that print is soooo cool! I thought long about it(not really) but at the end of the day I just said, drymount it. I wanted the damn print. Still don't know why I didn't just shoot a PM asking wtf. Scuffs can't be seen from far so I just rolled with it. Ya know. The love of the art all that jazz.

Guess I am not as anal as I think I am but I probably wouldn't let fudge like that fly anymore. There was some obvious blemishes and they should have been disclosed.

Whatever, drymount that guy. He's a shady mofo.

:ziggi:
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:53 am

Was D around as Klub back then? I seen to remember him hitting the scene in 2004 or 2005 and not Klub until much later

As for the long quite life's; most if not all were scuffed directly from the artist. Some more than others; I had two at one point and they were both scuffed enough that my OCD always noticed it

Just an FYI so maybe you aren't so hard on yourself.
bighitters
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:42 am

Someone needs to pay this drymount-stick a visit ... :twisted:
recycler
Art Expert

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:49 pm

So weird. I have bought from this guy twice now and always got my stuff. Just bought from him a month ago. Print arrived in great shape and quit quickly.

I really think it is strange how this goes on...
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:39 pm

pvecchi wrote:Was D around as Klub back then? I seen to remember him hitting the scene in 2004 or 2005 and not Klub until much later

As for the long quite life's; most if not all were scuffed directly from the artist. Some more than others; I had two at one point and they were both scuffed enough that my OCD always noticed it

Just an FYI so maybe you aren't so hard on yourself.
Nah doesn't bother me much or else I would have just bought a new one. I have seen minty fresh ones so I know they are out there but I am content with mine hanging right meow.
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:44 am

Bump-day
jester
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:54 pm

recycler wrote:So weird. I have bought from this guy twice now and always got my stuff. Just bought from him a month ago. Print arrived in great shape and quit quickly.

Right. Very strange. I think I mentioned this before, but the guy actually did one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me regarding trades. He just sent me 2 very rare Spusta prints, he said, wait until I get them, then he said to just send him whatever I thought was fair. Pretty crazy, that was very nice of him. I am not defending his actions at all as I know what he has done in the past. But that was very nice of him.

I still think people should be aware of what he has done, but I hope he is on the good path now...
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:25 am

jester wrote:
recycler wrote:So weird. I have bought from this guy twice now and always got my stuff. Just bought from him a month ago. Print arrived in great shape and quit quickly.

Right. Very strange. I think I mentioned this before, but the guy actually did one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me regarding trades. He just sent me 2 very rare Spusta prints, he said, wait until I get them, then he said to just send him whatever I thought was fair. Pretty crazy, that was very nice of him. I am not defending his actions at all as I know what he has done in the past. But that was very nice of him.

I still think people should be aware of what he has done, but I hope he is on the good path now...
D was always cool to me too. I had many successful transactions with him before everything seemed to go south and he was a nice guy to boot
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat May 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Bump. F this jive turkey.
ImageT.K.C.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue May 31, 2016 2:30 pm

looks like he snagged another victim for a WP print per Facebook
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
trarex
Art Expert

Tue May 31, 2016 3:15 pm

And another falls into the trap
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
soam24
Art Freak

Tue May 31, 2016 3:23 pm

jester
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:00 pm

^^^^ Haha, that's classic. :2thumb: Gail the snail, love that show....
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
marvin
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 am

Klubs a bad man running til the pits surround her.
Tell Someone You Love Them
DarkenedShrine
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:00 pm

danielpmcauliffe wrote:Stay away from Marvin. First off, he's just an asshole. Secondly, he's known by many people, including a popular artist and his wife, as a shitty person to deal with, due to selling damaged prints and not disclosing it, changing numbers on prints, etc. Tried to edit out people's names in the FB conversation.

... :neutral:
ImageImageImage