FIND A CALL OUT THREAD HERE

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26836
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:22 am

Mine was directed at you though. Now can we get to gettin' here and see the new alt? The drymounting suspense is killing me.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
virtualj
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:23 am

fredo wrote:Mine was directed at you though. Now can we get to gettin' here and see the new alt? The drymounting suspense is killing me.
You're not a Facebook user, we get it
I donate anonymously.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:24 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:Hey there! This isn't a call out, just a question. If a seller demands you use the friends and family option for a PayPal transaction, and cancels your deal when you say you'll be using the goods and services option, what's the reasoning there? I offered to pay the fees no problem, seller got agitated and told me no deal. Fine by me, because it seemed sketchy as hell. Is there any reason to ask for friends/family other than trying to rip some off?
As long as you're offering to cover fees I can't think of a single legitimate reason to insist on you using friends and family. Sketchy as hell.
I ask for gift these days if it's a complete newbie (ie bolded orange name). Just don't want to deal with anybody who may try to rip me off as a seller. I suppose CC protection would still be a factor, but if they're gonna rip me off I'm fine with them telling a CC company on the phone about it as opposed to hitting the refund request button.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
sez752
Art Expert
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: St Louis,MO

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 am

virtualj wrote:
sez752 wrote:
virtualj wrote:
mfaith wrote:So. I'm making a point. You're just picking a fight.
Again, you can type into the Facebook box instead of the eb box to find out what that person is taking about. You're not drymounting stupid
I don't use Facebook. By not having a page, I'm unable to use the search box on Facebook. It prompts a sign in box to complete the search.
Wasn't directed at you fred, was asking a specific Facebook user I see everywhere why they were having a hard time.
:lol: My name isn't Fred. Don't believe me, ask anyone in my feedback. This guy's holier than thou attitude is quite amusing.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18164
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 am

sez752 wrote:
virtualj wrote: Wasn't directed at you fred, was asking a specific Facebook user I see everywhere why they were having a hard time.
:lol: My name isn't Fred. Don't believe me, ask anyone in my feedback. This guy's holier than thou attitude is quite amusing.
Which is exactly what someone named Fred would say. Classic misdirection.
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26836
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 am

It's actually "better than thou". I'm an atheist.

ps I love everybody.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
sez752
Art Expert
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: St Louis,MO

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:26 am

My comment was not aimed at you. My apologies if it read that way.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18164
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 am

sez752 wrote:My comment was not aimed at you. My apologies if it read that way.


Whatever you sez Fred
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26836
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:59 am

What did you just call me?

ps no sweat.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Image
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
flashphishin
Art Expert
Posts: 1071
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 am

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:47 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:Hey there! This isn't a call out, just a question. If a seller demands you use the friends and family option for a PayPal transaction, and cancels your deal when you say you'll be using the goods and services option, what's the reasoning there? I offered to pay the fees no problem, seller got agitated and told me no deal. Fine by me, because it seemed sketchy as hell. Is there any reason to ask for friends/family other than trying to rip some off?
As long as you're offering to cover fees I can't think of a single legitimate reason to insist on you using friends and family. Sketchy as hell.
I ask for gift these days if it's a complete newbie (ie bolded orange name). Just don't want to deal with anybody who may try to rip me off as a seller. I suppose CC protection would still be a factor, but if they're gonna rip me off I'm fine with them telling a CC company on the phone about it as opposed to hitting the refund request button.
Great advice from jkw3000. I've been ripped off that way before. It sux.

That being said, I haven't posted in forever, but it's a stupid amount of call out threads on here these days. What has this place become..... :evil:
Image
Limited Paper Mayne
thebends9 wrote:You fruitcakes need thicker skin.
User avatar
mattkardish
Art Expert
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Paddy's Pub

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:04 pm

flashphishin wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:Hey there! This isn't a call out, just a question. If a seller demands you use the friends and family option for a PayPal transaction, and cancels your deal when you say you'll be using the goods and services option, what's the reasoning there? I offered to pay the fees no problem, seller got agitated and told me no deal. Fine by me, because it seemed sketchy as hell. Is there any reason to ask for friends/family other than trying to rip some off?
As long as you're offering to cover fees I can't think of a single legitimate reason to insist on you using friends and family. Sketchy as hell.
I ask for gift these days if it's a complete newbie (ie bolded orange name). Just don't want to deal with anybody who may try to rip me off as a seller. I suppose CC protection would still be a factor, but if they're gonna rip me off I'm fine with them telling a CC company on the phone about it as opposed to hitting the refund request button.
Great advice from jkw3000. I've been ripped off that way before. It sux.

That being said, I haven't posted in forever, but it's a stupid amount of call out threads on here these days. What has this place become..... :evil:
hobby grows, law of large numbers, bound to be a few bad eggs.
User avatar
ErocAfellar
Art Expert
Posts: 4512
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

enough chatter...take it elsewhere :roll:

getting back on track

chrisjuniper
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 2&t=172107
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7140
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:58 pm

^ chrisjuniper should be changed to tootexas, me thinking.
User avatar
ErocAfellar
Art Expert
Posts: 4512
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:56 pm

it's a callout thread, not a judgement. people can make their own decisions.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Post Reply