FIND A CALL OUT THREAD HERE

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:05 pm

sez752 wrote:Buyer beware for ebay handle ottr1967. Paid for an item and never received it. Messaged the seller several times with no response. Now dealing with eBay to get my $400 back.
Sorry to hear that Chris. Good news is you will get your money back.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:43 am

sez752 wrote:Buyer beware for ebay handle ottr1967. Paid for an item and never received it. Messaged the seller several times with no response. Now dealing with eBay to get my $400 back.
Dude that sucks. Was it what I think it was? Now I feel really bad cuz we didn't get a deal done. Rambo's right, at least you'll get your money back, but of course that won't help in time for xmas. Hit me up if you wanna chat, you got my sympathy.
sez752
Art Expert

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:58 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. Opened a claim and requested a refund. Surprisingly, :roll: , the seller responded and said that he will give me the refund but has to contact USPS about the whereabouts of the package. IMO I don't think the item was even shipped as no tracking information was uploaded to eBay or given to me even when asked. Ebay will get my money back but the situation is still kind of jacked.
danebp
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:42 am

As a heads up, I would advise against dealing with EB member Pistolay. Unlike many on here, I will transact with noobs from time to time and have never had an issue (some noobs are people, too :wink: ). In this case, though, I purchased a relatively expensive poster from Pistolay after very thorough communications. After payment, it quickly went into radio silence despite numerous requests over several weeks for tracking details. I escalated to PayPal, ultimately filing a claim, which was quickly found in my favor.
trarex
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:47 am

I deal with noobs all the time ..................selling not buying.
Buying from a noob is plain crazy.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
danebp
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:45 pm

trarex wrote:Buying from a noob is plain crazy.
It really isn't crazy. There's simply a slightly higher risk and you have to be more diligent up front, which may or may not be worth it. I've purchased from noobs many times without issue and several prized possessions in my collection have come from noobs (usually at very reasonable prices, I might add).

If you deal with a noob, make sure that you have a comprehensive communication trail and research in advance whether the member has had past issues both on EB and elsewhere (when dealing with noobs I often know email address, full name, and phone number before the purchase). If there are red flags, don't do the deal. If you make a purchase, pay as goods via PayPal with a credit card, as the CC company provides an extra level of protection in addition to PayPal's. On the off chance the transaction goes south, you simply have to be content in knowing that your funds will be locked up for a few weeks until PayPal or your CC finds in your favor.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:49 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:47 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:59 am

Not sure it warrants it's own thread, but 2 members on UAA reported issues with member mlocks: http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/1 ... gton-faile

One member was ignored and required a paypal claim to get their money back. Another had to file a claim to get a response, but ultimately met up for an in person deal.

He is currently pimping his auctions here: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=168524

Proceed with caution.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:15 am

trarex wrote:I deal with noobs all the time ..................selling not buying.
Buying from a noob is plain crazy.
I'm usually more confident buying from noobs than I am selling to them. I'm referring specifically to ebay though. We all know they look out for buyers. If i have a problem with a noob seller, i'm covered. Noob buyers always make me think of alt accounts set up for scamming, and there's damn near no protection for me if the noob buyer concocts an elaborate tale about damage or a lost shipment.

Nothing rattles my nerves like shipping off a $500 item to a zero feedback account...
jester
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:07 pm

If your selling to a noob, just take detailed pics of the print, front and back, sides, corners, everything. Then take pics of the print inside the tube, pics of the tube all sealed up. That should be good for coverage. Just make sure you always do this, and keep the pics until the paypal claim date is over, I think it's 180 days or some BS like that, haha...
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:08 pm

jester wrote:If your selling to a noob, just take detailed pics of the print, front and back, sides, corners, everything. Then take pics of the print inside the tube, pics of the tube all sealed up. That should be good for coverage. Just make sure you always do this, and keep the pics until the paypal claim date is over, I think it's 180 days or some BS like that, haha...

Doesn't matter. eBay straight up said they don't give a drymount what kind of pictures you can provide.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:14 pm

And why would they? It doesn't exactly prove anything.

Sometimes, you deal with twats and get burned. Cost of doing business, unfortunately.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:18 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
jester wrote:If your selling to a noob, just take detailed pics of the print, front and back, sides, corners, everything. Then take pics of the print inside the tube, pics of the tube all sealed up. That should be good for coverage. Just make sure you always do this, and keep the pics until the paypal claim date is over, I think it's 180 days or some BS like that, haha...

Doesn't matter. eBay straight up said they don't give a drymount what kind of pictures you can provide.
This is true. Sold a lego set, new & sealed. Buyer opened a dispute saying it arrived open. My photos didn't even cause a skip in ebay's stride as they bulldozed me into a full refund including shipping.

Got the set back and it was open alright. Missing pieces and everything. So I was out shipping and handling costs, and now I have an incomplete, opened set.
jester
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Yeah, I've never actually used pics like that in a situation. I just do it to feel comfortable I guess. I didn't know that wouldn't help. Sucks. I have done well over 700 sales and trades and never had 1 problem. If I'm trading with a noob, I always ask that they send first to cover myself. If I sell to a noob I always ask that I send them an invoice and in the notes section I state that I took detailed pics and email them. I always cover my bases like this, and like I said, never had 1 problem. Probably just been lucky, but I like to think my ways help :)
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...