Homeowner Life

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
shoeless
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 pm

We closed on our first house yesterday.........there were some frightening numbers on a few of those papers but the wife made me do it anyway!
New house so no surprises for a while, yet the project list is already long enough to last me through next year.
Feels good though.
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

shoeless wrote:We closed on our first house yesterday.........there were some frightening numbers on a few of those papers but the wife made me do it anyway!
New house so no surprises for a while, yet the project list is already long enough to last me through next year.
Feels good though.
Congrats!
chrislgo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:27 pm

shoeless wrote:We closed on our first house yesterday.........there were some frightening numbers on a few of those papers but the wife made me do it anyway!
Feels good though.
Keep your guard up, new doesnt always mean its perfect.

My parents had a horror story with a brand new condo.

We've been trying to sell all year. We recieved an offer the very last day our house was live on MLS. It was lower, but, it was our only way to move on. Of course school had already started so it would be a pain in the ass and the pool of homes to pick from was much less. It ended up that a house we loved had gone under contract in the summer, turns out if fell through. We swooped in and grabbed it thinking everything just went so smoothly.

Now a couple weeks later the sellers are backing out and not really giving a reason. From what i know, we're still at a point where theyre within their legal rights to do so. So now here we are, our home sale is going through and we're stuck at the moment. Where we want to live there is nothing left on the market except the bad stuff thats been on all year and homes way out of our price range. School started, like i said and we dont want to bounce around a few times. We were planning on making this move our full-on "forever" move. Now we have some heavy decisions we need to make quickly. We've wanted to move for years and now have the opportunity and the timing just couldnt be more awful.

Also, did i mention we had the inspection at our home on friday? Well, it hasnt rained in two months- hurricane storm comes in and the day of the inspection we get roof leaks and water in the driveway and garage.

Timing is killing us lately.
'scuse me while i throw up.
-lands
surrenderart.com
design.print.destroy!
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:32 am

Feels good though.
Awesome, congrats. What part of town?
shoeless
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:11 pm

ColonelCash wrote:
Feels good though.
Awesome, congrats. What part of town?
We ended up in Fairview. We wanted quiet and Williamson County. Been on 21st ave for the past few years and it's just not our scene anymore. It was fun and convenient, but we had enough of the noise and traffic from fire station/Vanderbilt/Belmont/Hillsboro Village/etc.
Loving it so far....and hoping for some good return when we sell.
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
trarex
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Homeowner tip 15 yr shingles .... last 15 yrs .
Can't believe I'm redoing the roof again , using 40 yr this time.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:24 am

trarex wrote:Homeowner tip 15 yr shingles .... last 15 yrs .
They should ditch the year ratings because the odds of roof issues in 40 years is about 100%.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Still fighting this HOA to get our deck going. They even told my contractor it was a matter of details, not that they would deny the deck, but it's been like two months waiting for committees to meet, etc. Horrible.
ImageImage
whiskaz
Art Expert

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:26 pm

I got up on our roof and repaired a few shingles today. The whole roof could probably be replaced but most seemed OK still. I couldn't find matching colored replacements but whatever.

Also repaired our dryer the other day. Still have a huge list of fudge that needs done but whatever...
ipath2003
Art Expert

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Basement... #HomeownerLife No more tudor style since the pipe broke and new drywall is going up!!! Cant wait to start hanging art again, OBEY

after the basement is done the next project is front entranceway / hallway and powder room are gettin new flooring

davemfan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:39 am

Look into metal sheet roofing. It's very popular around where i live. Supposed to last 40+ years. Plus if you get a bad storm you don't have to worry about individual shingles blowing off or coming loose, then having to repair them.
ImageImageImage
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

cool looking flooring ipath!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ipath2003
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:08 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:cool looking flooring ipath!

Thank you. I started it today probably will finish this weekend

HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:14 pm

What are you doing next weekend? Can I give you directions to my house?

Nice work.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
ipath2003
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:31 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:What are you doing next weekend? Can I give you directions to my house?

Nice work.

haha thank you!!!