What book(s) are you reading???

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
tourist504
Art Expert
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: NOLA

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:26 pm

chrisjuniper wrote:Just started reading Ready Player One. Seemed like an appropriate time to do so.
Should be a really cool movie
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
User avatar
kyler4444
Art Expert
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:30 pm

The Art Of The Deal
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5710
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Just about done with Stephen King's Bill Hodges Trilogy. American Gods on deck.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:34 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Just about done with Stephen King's Bill Hodges Trilogy. American Gods on deck.
that's about the only King I haven't read . . . if you read all three I assume you liked it?

American Gods is great - make sure you read the 10th anniversary expanded version.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
mtarail
Art Expert
Posts: 3316
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am
Location: AZ

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Just finishing The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Excellent. The Handmaid's Tale is on deck.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:56 pm

hunterjax wrote:make sure you read the 10th anniversary expanded version.
I didn't know there was an expanded version. Did Gaiman go back and write more, or was it stuff that had been edited out in the first version?

kyler4444 wrote:The Art Of The Deal
Zero people are surprised. :roll: Next up, Mein Kampf?
So it goes...
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Just started in on this

Image
So it goes...
User avatar
duckyhoward
Art Expert
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:04 am

The Power Broker - I had a crack at this back in 2007 and stopped as i couldn't get into it; and at 1,300+ pages just couldn't invest the time needed to read it.
But I picked it up again about a month ago to restart and now i am nearly finished and can't put it down. A fascinating story on the power and impact that one man has had on the form, fabric and function of NYC.
Image
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
User avatar
LeeKaye
Art Expert
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:50 am

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:08 am

hunterjax wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Just about done with Stephen King's Bill Hodges Trilogy. American Gods on deck.
that's about the only King I haven't read . . . if you read all three I assume you liked it?

American Gods is great - make sure you read the 10th anniversary expanded version.

Bill Hodges is great. For the most part it's just a crime/detective thriller, so a bit of a departure for him.
User avatar
veltri
Art Expert
Posts: 4574
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:15 pm

john38103 wrote:
ricv64 wrote:Image
That's fantastic.
Coincidentally, I reached for that one today after almost giving up on finding another book I started last year. Looks like I should have picked it up.

Just finished Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake. I liked it a lot. Looking forward to the sequels.

Image
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Image
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26639
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:43 pm

ricv64 wrote:Image
That's a fave and one that stands out from the time I read a pile of PKD over a short span. Need to revisit a few so's to re-differentiate.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:32 pm

mfaith wrote:
hunterjax wrote:make sure you read the 10th anniversary expanded version.
I didn't know there was an expanded version. Did Gaiman go back and write more, or was it stuff that had been edited out in the first version?
He added some, edited some back in that was cut, and it contains a follow up Shadow story he did a few years after Anansi Boys (which I think now appears separately in Fragile Things)
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:34 pm

hunterjax wrote:
mfaith wrote:
hunterjax wrote:make sure you read the 10th anniversary expanded version.
I didn't know there was an expanded version. Did Gaiman go back and write more, or was it stuff that had been edited out in the first version?
He added some, edited some back in that was cut, and it contains a follow up Shadow story he did a few years after Anansi Boys (which I think now appears separately in Fragile Things)
That's pretty awesome. I didn't know that was a thing. Thanks for the heads up :pint:
So it goes...
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:40 pm

mfaith wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
mfaith wrote:
hunterjax wrote:make sure you read the 10th anniversary expanded version.
I didn't know there was an expanded version. Did Gaiman go back and write more, or was it stuff that had been edited out in the first version?
He added some, edited some back in that was cut, and it contains a follow up Shadow story he did a few years after Anansi Boys (which I think now appears separately in Fragile Things)
That's pretty awesome. I didn't know that was a thing. Thanks for the heads up :pint:
no problem - It's been one of my favorite books since I read it when it came out . . . went to re-read it a few years ago and found out it had a 10th Ann version.

There's also this great pb version with an AMAZING cover by Robert McGinnis:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Gods-Te ... 28EZ5HHRVH
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
ricv64
Art Expert
Posts: 7382
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: lost and asleep on mazn great highway
Contact:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Got this at the library
enjoying it so far
Image
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
Post Reply