Did you exercise today?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu May 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Sweet ride FB :pint:
Image
User avatar
treweman
Art Expert
Posts: 7055
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: upstate new york

Fri May 11, 2018 8:26 am

Going to exercise soon ... a pair of old shoes and a push lawnmower. Nothing like sweating your ass off with the smell of fresh cut grass in the air.
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2077
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Sat May 12, 2018 8:03 am

You can always tell when my Garmin was a little loose and didn't pick up my heart rate correctly - (this is on my road bike) - 19.50 Miles; 396 Calories; Recovery Time: 2 Hours :lol:
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Sat May 12, 2018 10:28 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:You can always tell when my Garmin was a little loose and didn't pick up my heart rate correctly - (this is on my road bike) - 19.50 Miles; 396 Calories; Recovery Time: 2 Hours :lol:
Jeez why don’t you work harder next time :lol:
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 736
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Ventura, California
Contact:

Sat May 12, 2018 11:36 am

ccsmd598 wrote:Rower finally came! Workout room is PACKED! :pint:

let the suffering begin...
I've been rowing since high school, and not sure what your experience is with rowing, but if i could only advise one thing to you is, WATCH YOUR TECHNIQUE!!!!!
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Sat May 12, 2018 12:19 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Rower finally came! Workout room is PACKED! :pint:

let the suffering begin...
I've been rowing since high school, and not sure what your experience is with rowing, but if i could only advise one thing to you is, WATCH YOUR TECHNIQUE!!!!!
Thanks man! Yeah I always try to be very aware of my form - it’s easy to do it right but also easy to do it wrong :) :P
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 736
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Ventura, California
Contact:

Sat May 12, 2018 12:37 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Rower finally came! Workout room is PACKED! :pint:

let the suffering begin...
I've been rowing since high school, and not sure what your experience is with rowing, but if i could only advise one thing to you is, WATCH YOUR TECHNIQUE!!!!!
Thanks man! Yeah I always try to be very aware of my form - it’s easy to do it right but also easy to do it wrong :) :P
If you ever dip your hands below your knees, or bring the oar above your pecs, or rush back up for your next stroke, all wrong lol
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Sat May 12, 2018 12:43 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Rower finally came! Workout room is PACKED! :pint:

let the suffering begin...
I've been rowing since high school, and not sure what your experience is with rowing, but if i could only advise one thing to you is, WATCH YOUR TECHNIQUE!!!!!
Thanks man! Yeah I always try to be very aware of my form - it’s easy to do it right but also easy to do it wrong :) :P
If you ever dip your hands below your knees, or bring the oar above your pecs, or rush back up for your next stroke, all wrong lol
Thanks haha! Yeah there’s a lot of good YouTube videos on good rowing form. Today’s workout is 5 rounds of 10 front squats @ 115 lbs followed by a max effort 20 cal row, 2 min rest between rounds :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Sat May 12, 2018 2:07 pm

The run streak is over. #rip

After 723 days of running at least one mile every day, despite the weather conditions or how I was feeling, I missed yesterday because I put it off in the morning, got busy, and just plain forgot.

Never running again.

Mods lock 'er up :P :lol: :(

(Actually, I busted out a good Day 1 run this morning...)
Image
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Sat May 12, 2018 2:40 pm

That’s quite the streak! Pretty cool 8)

I’d love to try and start some kind of goal-oriented friendly competition with all of you - might be fun, we can do giveaways to the winners, etc. not sure what would work though hmmmm.... ideas?
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2077
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Mon May 14, 2018 7:36 am

ccsmd598 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:You can always tell when my Garmin was a little loose and didn't pick up my heart rate correctly - (this is on my road bike) - 19.50 Miles; 396 Calories; Recovery Time: 2 Hours :lol:
Jeez why don’t you work harder next time :lol:
lol

Heart rate picked up this time: 20.19 Miles; 1159 Calories; Recovery Time: 62 hours.
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7394
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Mon May 14, 2018 10:53 pm

50 squats with no extra weight just turned me into gumby. Getting back in shape is gunna suck.
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 am

Cragars wrote:50 squats with no extra weight just turned me into gumby. Getting back in shape is gunna suck.
Work through the pain and you’ll get there faster than you think!!!
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
Posts: 10127
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Tue May 15, 2018 10:46 am

Rotten, that’s amazing. The point is that it’s so easy to bust out a quick run. Really no excuse is decent. I mean you did it for 700+ days!

Did a smaller 10k race on Sunday. Came in 4th overall and first in my age group. Set a new PR 10k time of 45:20. I could have gone faster but for some reason halfway through my IT band started acting up. Thankfully it went away. It also didn’t help that I did 8 miles on Saturday when we ran to an ice cream shop and light railed back. :lol:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 am

zefarrett wrote:Rotten, that’s amazing. The point is that it’s so easy to bust out a quick run. Really no excuse is decent. I mean you did it for 700+ days!
Thanks, Zef!

Also... PREACH :clap:
Image
Post Reply