USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:20 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:31 pm
Has anyone ever gotten in trouble with eBay for passing email information? I have been directing people here or my email address by misspelling info.. example:
“ Drop me a line at ( my email address) over at the hot place for male.
Some people get it, but there’s always dip shits that
have no idea and probably set off red flags on my account by saying, is that your email address? Or some thing similar..:
I’m wondering if eBay has ever busted anyone here or did they just give out a warning? I doubt they would kick me off eBay, I make them a good amount of money. Thanks for any information

Its like Keyser Soze. A friend of my cousin's girlfriend got busted for it.

There is an art to not getting email addresses screened. I've sometimes directed them to EB or thegiant.org. About 1/2 the time they know what I am talking about.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:30 pm

Y'all missing out on putting your Instagram handle as the signature in your eBay messages.

Just reply with a down arrow⏬
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:32 pm

And here's the real pro tip: if you sell something that someone messages you about in a private sale, increase the price of that item by 3000%

Their algorithm detects when you receive a message + delist that same item in close proximity. Leave the item up at an unbuyable price

Alternatively you could completely edit the item to a new one, just don't end the listing or adjust qty to 0 and you're good
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:56 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
And here's the real pro tip: if you sell something that someone messages you about in a private sale, increase the price of that item by 3000%

Their algorithm detects when you receive a message + delist that same item in close proximity. Leave the item up at an unbuyable price

Alternatively you could completely edit the item to a new one, just don't end the listing or adjust qty to 0 and you're good
Clever
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:16 pm

Probably 75% success rate for me, definitely goes over smoother than trying to beat the message filter and get your email over to them
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:13 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:30 pm
Y'all missing out on putting your Instagram handle as the signature in your eBay messages.

Just reply with a down arrow⏬
What's your IG handle?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:22 pm

You gotta buy something from eBay to find out.
mlinderer
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:21 am

turnJBup wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:31 pm
Has anyone ever gotten in trouble with eBay for passing email information? I have been directing people here or my email address by misspelling info.. example:
“ Drop me a line at ( my email address) over at the hot place for male.
Some people get it, but there’s always dip shits that
have no idea and probably set off red flags on my account by saying, is that your email address? Or some thing similar..:
I’m wondering if eBay has ever busted anyone here or did they just give out a warning? I doubt they would kick me off eBay, I make them a good amount of money. Thanks for any information
The last time I passed an email to someone, I just hand wrote on a piece of paper "please contact me directly at .....gmail.com" and attached a photo of the paper to the message.

Done it a few times, never heard anything from ebay. I don't know how robust their system for catching people work out deals outside of eBay is, but I imagine they half to put some effort into catching people do this.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon May 02, 2022 9:10 pm

So I sent a tube today.
It was a trade, so no PayPal postage program.
She says $16.10.
I’m all, drymount!!
Then she measures it and because it’s over 22” charges an additional $4.
drymounting Republican shitbags…
Over 20 drymounting dollars to send a 3” tube now.
drymount you.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon May 02, 2022 9:18 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:

Yup…
I say look me up via this poster’s wanted link on Expresso Beans… or drop me a line.
I’d say the return is less than 25%… most of the time I never hear from them.
Occasionally it pays off.
With CA sales tax I now have to pay an extra 10% of anything I buy on EBay. That adds up quick.
If it’s a really expensive poster I have a friend in Oregon ( no sales tax ) buy it and send it to me.
It’s horseshit having to pay CA sales tax when the seller is not even in CA.

I’ve done the price increase on listings I’ve sold off eBay as well.
Normally I leave it up for a couple of weeks.
They’d be pretty dim to give me the boot.
I make them thousands a year.
Fuckheads.
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 03, 2022 3:03 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:10 pm
So I sent a tube today.
It was a trade, so no PayPal postage program.
She says $16.10.
I’m all, drymount!!
Then she measures it and because it’s over 22” charges an additional $4.
drymounting Republican shitbags…
Over 20 drymounting dollars to send a 3” tube now.
drymount you.
you buying postage at the counter? use pirateship.com to get the 'paypal/ebay' rate for USPS
also it gives UPS discounted rates which may be better for longer poster tubes.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2022 11:14 am

anyone buying postage at the counter is way behind
pvecchi
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2022 3:26 pm

cotis wrote:
Any recommendations? I haven’t been too impressed with eBay shipping / rates
cotis
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2022 3:52 pm

pvecchi wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 3:26 pm
cotis wrote:
Any recommendations? I haven’t been too impressed with eBay shipping / rates
PirateShip.com 100% end of story

they have the best commercial rates for USPS and UPS. FedEx sucks and loves Dimensional Weight charges so I'll never ship with them again so this is my preferred way. their process is very streamlined, saves addresses, you can save a template type (ex. 32x6x6 tube) and it really is easy as hell. make an account on there and poke around a bit, you'll see how easy it is. plus their customer service is top notch and has helped me with problems before such as "corrected weight" charges from USPS (was not valid, gave me an instant credit), and insurance claims.

speaking generally for tubes now: shipping them inside the rectangular boxes you can find online + using UPS through PirateShip = cheapest and easiest way now.

for reference, here's boxes link: https://www.packagingprice.com/5-x-5-x- ... boxes.html
pvecchi
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2022 6:46 pm

Good stuff! Thanks for the info (exactly what I was looking for)

🍻