USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:54 am

jamel-d wrote:Tube I sent 2 weeks ago went MIA. I made a print for print trade. Does USPS accept the EB Sales History of the print, or do I have to generate a sales letter?
Thanks in advance,
Eddie
You processed with Paypal?

The invoice on that would likely work fine, as long as the item was stated in it.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
jamel-d
Art Freak

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:17 am

FrankBooth wrote:
jamel-d wrote:Tube I sent 2 weeks ago went MIA. I made a print for print trade. Does USPS accept the EB Sales History of the print, or do I have to generate a sales letter?
Thanks in advance,
Eddie

The invoice on that would likely work fine, as long as the item was stated in it.
Straight 1 for 1 trade. No money involved.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:21 am

jamel-d wrote:
FrankBooth wrote:
Thanks in advance,
Eddie

Straight 1 for 1 trade. No money involved.
Yeah sorry, I didn't pay attention for a minute.

I'd guess any correspondence between you two should be included as well.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:33 am

Unfortunately, I have heard of these situations not coming to a satisfactory conclusion. One way to work around is to actually PayPal each other the approx. value of the prints you are trading. You can always refund one another, it leaves a paper trail, and it is a kind of 'insurance' that the trade will be successful.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Kramerica wrote:Unfortunately, I have heard of these situations not coming to a satisfactory conclusion. One way to work around is to actually PayPal each other the approx. value of the prints you are trading. You can always refund one another, it leaves a paper trail, and it is a kind of 'insurance' that the trade will be successful.
I've heard of this done a decent amount but never tried it myself. Does anyone have any more first hand input on how that shakes out in the event of a claim? On the surface it sounds like a great idea but who knows.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:29 am

Thanks to all for the advice. Gonna file this week so if anyone else has any ideas, please chime in.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:42 am

you can try doing the paypal thing but being after the fact, i dont think its going to help you. theyll probably see the transaction was after the ship date.

$.02
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:47 pm

Sent a package to NY. It was returned for insufficient address. It made it all the way back to my originating post office, and is now going back to NY.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Codeblue wrote:Sent a package to NY. It was returned for insufficient address. It made it all the way back to my originating post office, and is now going back to NY.

Why do something right the first time when you can have it take twice as long and cost twice as much the second time. Govment.
ImageT.K.C.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:03 pm

What are the odds it doesn't come back again?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
sez752
Art Expert

Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:11 pm

Ordered a book on 9/26. Shipped 2 days later. Scanned out for delivery 8/5. Still no book. Have called USPS everyday since leaving my name and contact information to a different person each time. Still nothing. The seller and I have both filed claims 2 weeks ago. Nothing. Contacted Consumer Affairs and Post Master General today. Was told they have a good idea of where it's at. Well where's my book then :neutral: For anyone wondering it's a 1st Edition Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 pm

Scheduling pickups online, then the day of the pickup I get an email about an attempt to pickup was made or cancellation of pickup and my tubes just left there. Da drymount? 2nd time that's happened.
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Sent a print to Germany via Priority Mail last monday.

Been sitting in San Francisco for almost a week.

Priority Mail my ass.

Vent over.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:02 pm

sez752 wrote:Ordered a book on 9/26. Shipped 2 days later. Scanned out for delivery 8/5. Still no book. Have called USPS everyday since leaving my name and contact information to a different person each time. Still nothing. The seller and I have both filed claims 2 weeks ago. Nothing. Contacted Consumer Affairs and Post Master General today. Was told they have a good idea of where it's at. Well where's my book then :neutral: For anyone wondering it's a 1st Edition Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
I've been waiting to hear back from the USPS about 2 lost Vacvvum shirts that never landed at my place. Waiting close to 2 years. SO many calls. drymounting black hole of no help & no information :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
bmd1191
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Had a print get destroyed while in transit a week or two ago. Finally had my other prints arrive this week. One was 4 days late. Another was 3 days late after arriving at the wrong post office and having to be forwarded. And another was 2 days late.

Got to love this time of year. :hanging: