USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Noah0189 wrote:
Original cost was nearly $450, then $30 for priority fully insured shipping. He tossed me some money for a tip so I insured it for $550.. he paid me $525 [which I have a PayPal invoice for].

I'm only asking for postage and the value that I insured the poster at.
That seems drymounted. I would recommend a phone call maybe. Paging halftone....

sounds like you may have one of the few gems out there that have the belief that you "cant insure paper" or atleast a similar belief.

my guess is there is a missing link between the paypal transaction and what was purchased. personally, would submit a copy of the paypal transaction (that hopefully has some reference to what was purchased). if it does not have a reference that can link it to the print, then you might go another route and use your original transaction from the artist. this wont get you your full amount back, but might be your only chance if the first transaction has no reference to the item purchased.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Philpenn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Sent something to Australia Registered a few weeks ago. Tracking number never came up as valid on the website, but today I get back the pink return receipt. Does this mean it was delivered to the buyer, or returned to sender?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Philpenn wrote:Sent something to Australia Registered a few weeks ago. Tracking number never came up as valid on the website, but today I get back the pink return receipt. Does this mean it was delivered to the buyer, or returned to sender?
never have used AUS registered, but have you tried checking the Australian Post site to see if that shows anything? sometimes the destination countries site/tracking will show more than USPS.

or you can try a site like http://www.track-trace.com/ and see if that discovers anything electronically.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
1nkling
Site Admin

Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:24 am

That's it. I'm not posting to Mexico any more. It either takes three months or disappears entirely. :roll:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:25 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Sent something to Australia Registered a few weeks ago. Tracking number never came up as valid on the website, but today I get back the pink return receipt. Does this mean it was delivered to the buyer, or returned to sender?
never have used AUS registered, but have you tried checking the Australian Post site to see if that shows anything? sometimes the destination countries site/tracking will show more than USPS.

or you can try a site like http://www.track-trace.com/ and see if that discovers anything electronically.
Didn't register anywhere, thanks for the suggestions though. Turns out it was the proof the buyer received it. Never shipped Registered before so I had no clue.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Not necessarily USPS, but FedEx in this case... has anyone in the US had to fill out an Artist Declaration customs form for duty free entry? I've never paid import fees on anything before, and I'm not looking to start.

It's asking for an annexed invoice number and a FedEx AWB #, neither of which I'm familiar with. I emailed the FedEx rep but havent heard back yet.
DickButt
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

What's the best way to prove something's value for a USPS claim when a sale isn't involved? I shipped a print to a friend and it's very likely the tube has gone missing so I'm trying to prepare for the claim I'll file in a few days. All my other claims I've had documented proof of sale, Paypal receipts, etc.

Do they accept eBay sales of the same print? Can I even prove what I sent was actually in the tube? Are they on the hook regardless of my proof since the package was never delivered and went missing?
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:39 am

God damn international shipping has gotten expensive. Sold something on ebay and was 70bucks to ship and insure to the Netherlands. Haven't sold anything internationally in a long time but that used to cover my ebay fees and shipping. Getting prohibitively expensive
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:43 am

You guys had it good for a long time. I could never compete.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 am

Have an Edmiston Halloween on the way . . . should have arrived last Thursday, got diverted to another post office only two towns over and then supposedly sent back towards my town, but now it's in the wind. No one seems to know where it is. So pissed; poster is like in my top three ISOs . . . have a guy in my local PO trying to track it down for me, but his exact words were "it doesn't look good."

unreal.
seriouslypeople
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Has anyone had luck with a USPS claim? A print I sent is missing. The last tracking note from USPS says undeliverable, but I never got it back.

They denied my insurance claim and said they would send a letter stating why. Nothing received yet to explain.

Is there a secret I don't know about? Buyer got a full refund, and I can't recoup the money from USPS. What now?
Buy my stuff - I got bills to pay I got mouths to feed, ain't nothing in this world for free.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:05 pm

seriouslypeople wrote:Has anyone had luck with a USPS claim? A print I sent is missing. The last tracking note from USPS says undeliverable, but I never got it back.

They denied my insurance claim and said they would send a letter stating why. Nothing received yet to explain.

Is there a secret I don't know about? Buyer got a full refund, and I can't recoup the money from USPS. What now?

the tracking should indicate that the item was returned to you.. if it hasn't been it would seem to me that you should be eligible for a refund?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 pm

stuckeyc wrote:God damn international shipping has gotten expensive. Sold something on ebay and was 70bucks to ship and insure to the Netherlands. Haven't sold anything internationally in a long time but that used to cover my ebay fees and shipping. Getting prohibitively expensive
Self insure. Heavy duty tubes. Send 1st class - costs $20-$25 a tube to most of the countries that buy from us. I've had 1 tube go missing in 5 years of shipping 2 or 3 tubes a week to EU. If the print is worth more than $1000, use UPS with full tracking and insurance.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
seriouslypeople
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:40 pm

soam24 wrote:
seriouslypeople wrote:Has anyone had luck with a USPS claim? A print I sent is missing. The last tracking note from USPS says undeliverable, but I never got it back.

the tracking should indicate that the item was returned to you.. if it hasn't been it would seem to me that you should be eligible for a refund?
It definitely wasn't sent back to me. This happened in August. The updates on USPS don't say it was sent back to me, just that it was undeliverable. No clue where it is, and no clue why they denied me. Why can't they tell me on my account?

So annoying. Out $500 now.
Buy my stuff - I got bills to pay I got mouths to feed, ain't nothing in this world for free.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:41 am

Tube I sent 2 weeks ago went MIA. I made a print for print trade. Does USPS accept the EB Sales History of the print, or do I have to generate a sales letter?
Thanks in advance,
Eddie