The Anti-Pet Peeve Thread - Small things that made your day

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 11, 2021 3:35 pm

#shouldagotpfizer
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
haven
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2021 7:07 pm

bubbie wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Officially joined the mutants with the first Moderna shot a couple of minutes ago. If this is my last post here, then you all are lucky and things didn’t go well for me. Good luck to y’all.
I had Moderna. Zero effects after the first. The day after the second felt like I had been steamrolled by a freight train. Absolutely kicked my ass.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 pm

Pfizer - Sore arm for 48 hrs or so after both shots. No other side effects.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 11, 2021 7:32 pm

haven wrote:
I had Moderna. Zero effects after the first. The day after the second felt like I had been steamrolled by a freight train. Absolutely kicked my ass.
Heard the same from just about everyone I know who's done Moderna.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
shoeless
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 pm

haven wrote:
bubbie wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Officially joined the mutants with the first Moderna shot a couple of minutes ago. If this is my last post here, then you all are lucky and things didn’t go well for me. Good luck to y’all.
Same. Took me down ~36 hours
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 11, 2021 7:58 pm

That's how ya know it's working tho amirite.
shoeless
Art Expert

Tue May 11, 2021 8:03 pm

#realtalk
rubberneck
Art God

Tue May 11, 2021 11:38 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:32 pm
haven wrote:
Heard the same from just about everyone I know who's done Moderna.
Nope.

Sore arm and that's it both times.

I've been hearing Pfizer having worse effects on #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
fredo
Art God

Tue May 11, 2021 11:54 pm

All of NZ is getting pfizerbiontech over next couple months. Will keep yins posted.
just a foil for me today, thanks
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed May 12, 2021 2:32 am

Still alive, no luck for you guys.

Codeblue wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:35 pm
#shouldagotpfizer
Lol. In Canada, where the vaccine rollout has been pretty drymounted from the beginning, things don’t work quite like that. When booking an appointment online, you can see the brand of the vaccine the place carries. In Alberta, it usually goes either “AstraZeneca” or “Pfizer/Moderna”. You get stabbed with whatever they have when you choose the latter. Unless, of course, you politely refuse. In Ontario, when my sister was booking for my parents a few weeks back, she saw “AstraZeneca”, “Pfizer”, and “Pfizer/Moderna” as the options.

Also, we are in the drymounting boonies, lol. I was offered AstraZeneca a couple of weeks ago (maybe a little longer than that), but opted to wait for the first mRNA that becomes available. Turned out to be Moderna when I went in today. Also, there wasn’t supposed to be any mRNA for my age-group until at least July or so. We in Alberta, however, happened to drymount things up so badly that the feds had to allocate us some extra doses (taking away from other provinces, obviously) so that we put things under control a little. Last time I read, we had the most cases per capita in North America. But we are also running freedom parades, liberate whatever the drymount, and so on. Probably have enough “skeptics” too in order to keep it going even after those who want to get vaccinated do so. One imbecile told me a few days ago that he is not willing to become a part of the experiment with untested vaccines, but he stacked up those horse meds in case he or his family catches “the vid”. What is the name of the drugs? drymount, I can’t remember. (Edit: ivermectin, if I recall correctly). I showed him the warning right on the manufacturer’s website saying that fudge doesn’t work for covid and actually may be harmful; the guy didn’t even blink, he doesn’t give two drymounts about it (great praise for this schizophrenia goes out to the orange fucktard propping all kinds bullshit not that long ago).

The drymounted up thing is that they give you the first shot of either and you ain’t getting another for, presumably, 4 months! Why? Well, because we are like a third-world country (no offence intended) that has to beg for the drymounting vaccine. I am sure fredo has a gif tucked in somewhere that explains this greatly.

The only person I know (personally) who got two shots of Pfizer is my sister. But she is in medicine and got in on the first round back in... February? Not sure, I think I mentioned it here somewhere. Regardless, they changed the rules after to poking as many first doses as possible and postponing the second beyond the manufacturers’ recommended timeline. Medical workers are no longer exception either (though it changes every few weeks, lol). Older folks have been getting two doses though, when possible. By older I mean old people living in assisted living homes. My parents in their 60-s got stabbed a couple of weeks ago with Pfizer; the second shot appointment is booked for some time in August. I was told today that we may get lucky and they are now thinking it may only take 8-10 weeks to get the second shot (still says four months on the paper the nurse handed to me).

I guess the anti-peeve turned into whatever it turned into, lol. Oh well.

So far the arms hurts a little when I move it around. Not sure why they call it a side effect: they poke you with a needle, put some fudge in your body that doesn’t belong and actually supposed to induce your cells to fight the fudge out of it.

haven wrote:
My sister had the same after the second Pfizer shot. And so did most people she knows who took two shots (her colleagues). She said she had also expected it and booked the next day off. The train left as quickly, rather suddenly, as it arrived she said; took about 24 hours. She also said that the pain in arm has woken her up a few times at night after the first shot and she had trouble sleeping because of it after the second. Go figure.
Last edited by bubbie on Wed May 12, 2021 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed May 12, 2021 2:38 am

My second shot is next Saturday so the only thing getting fugged up if there’s side effects will be the rest of the weekend.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed May 12, 2021 2:41 am

Good luck! Hope she goes easy on you.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed May 12, 2021 11:54 am

Work offered up to three days admin leave after getting the vaccine, so mine was on a Tuesday. Didn't end up using any leave tho. Had a couple friends get pfizer and the second shot put them down for a week.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed May 12, 2021 4:09 pm

I'd bet that the vaccine side effects are a whole lot better than getting the Rona.

I made some sneaker kid's day today. He sold me an Obey print I missed out on. The listing had pics of the actual print and when he repacked them he did not re-tape the roll. The print slid in the roll and got edge dings. Sent him a nice message explaining why he needed to re-tape the roll in future along with the pics of the dings. He asked what I wanted to make it right and I told him to re-tape the rolls if he flips more prints.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed May 12, 2021 4:21 pm

1st dose of pfizer had no effects. 2nd dose I wanted to die for about 36 hours straight. Everything hurt, joint pain, muscle soreness, skin sensitivity, light sensitivity, headaches, chills, Bill Gates visiting all hours of the night. It was awful.