Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2469
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:46 am

Image
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:12 am

Great weekend from the Elastos 1 Year Anniversary. This continues to be the token I am by far the most bullish on.

Merge mining starting months earlier than expected and the Cyber Republic starting up. It's really a lot to take in and hard to explain because the scope is unlike anything else out there, but here's a nice recap of the weekend:https://elanews.net/2018/08/27/elastos- ... -smartweb/

Really has had zero marketing in the West to date and you couldn't even buy if you were in the US up until about a month ago (unless you were grandfathered in on Huobi), but I would be way more surprised if ELA did not hit $400 in the next two years than if it did. I am making weekly buys with the price so low and will continue as long as it is under $50.

Also, topping off my ZRX, BAT and SALT bags lately. When the next bull run starts I will have no excuses not to be 100% fully locked and loaded.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
boatingbenny
Art Expert
Posts: 3385
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:00 am

63schoeffling wrote:Great weekend from the Elastos 1 Year Anniversary. This continues to be the token I am by far the most bullish on.

Merge mining starting months earlier than expected and the Cyber Republic starting up. It's really a lot to take in and hard to explain because the scope is unlike anything else out there, but here's a nice recap of the weekend:https://elanews.net/2018/08/27/elastos- ... -smartweb/

Really has had zero marketing in the West to date and you couldn't even buy if you were in the US up until about a month ago (unless you were grandfathered in on Huobi), but I would be way more surprised if ELA did not hit $400 in the next two years than if it did. I am making weekly buys with the price so low and will continue as long as it is under $50.

Also, topping off my ZRX, BAT and SALT bags lately. When the next bull run starts I will have no excuses not to be 100% fully locked and loaded.
The new Trevon James right here. Get on You Tube and shill shill shill :lol: :lol:
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:08 am

boatingbenny wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Great weekend from the Elastos 1 Year Anniversary. This continues to be the token I am by far the most bullish on.

Merge mining starting months earlier than expected and the Cyber Republic starting up. It's really a lot to take in and hard to explain because the scope is unlike anything else out there, but here's a nice recap of the weekend:https://elanews.net/2018/08/27/elastos- ... -smartweb/

Really has had zero marketing in the West to date and you couldn't even buy if you were in the US up until about a month ago (unless you were grandfathered in on Huobi), but I would be way more surprised if ELA did not hit $400 in the next two years than if it did. I am making weekly buys with the price so low and will continue as long as it is under $50.

Also, topping off my ZRX, BAT and SALT bags lately. When the next bull run starts I will have no excuses not to be 100% fully locked and loaded.
The new Trevon James right here. Get on You Tube and shill shill shill :lol: :lol:
Ha, I still haven't brought myself to watch any Youtubers, good or bad. Just all seem like people who make wild predictions and try and pimp their bags. The one crypto guy I really keep tabs on and have twitter notifications on for is Chris Burniske. Extremely smart guy and has very well thought out questions/responses. Definitely suggest following him.

As for me, the portfolio update in case anyone wants a gander is:

35% ETH
24% ELA
20% ZRX
6% SALT
6% BAT
4.5% BTC
2% GNT
1% AGI
1% REQ
<1% DRGN
<1% FUN
ImageImageImageImageImage
cktbreaker
Art Expert
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am

chevyav53 wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
It double today, absolute madness, a POS stock in decline for years. Have to just ride the wave. Jumped in on Eidoo today as it seems promising and I am making $1k a share on ETH so why not gamble a bit more and see where the madness takes it.

Anyone else buying marijuana stocks? Recently bought a bunch of US companies, penny stocks and a Canadian company called Canopy Growth Corp. Canopy did great today.
Threads been quiet.... no one wanted to talk marijuana... CGC and TLRY (earnings tomorrow) continue to surge. Should have moved your money over to marijuana, and not just the stuff in your bong :pint:
CRON, about to short the pants off these.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:16 pm

cktbreaker wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
It double today, absolute madness, a POS stock in decline for years. Have to just ride the wave. Jumped in on Eidoo today as it seems promising and I am making $1k a share on ETH so why not gamble a bit more and see where the madness takes it.

Anyone else buying marijuana stocks? Recently bought a bunch of US companies, penny stocks and a Canadian company called Canopy Growth Corp. Canopy did great today.
Threads been quiet.... no one wanted to talk marijuana... CGC and TLRY (earnings tomorrow) continue to surge. Should have moved your money over to marijuana, and not just the stuff in your bong :pint:
CRON, about to short the pants off these.
Yup sold a lot yesterday, feels like the crypto craze. Overvalued stock on speculations trading too many times over their value. Though I think in the long run these will do well playing the hype now and will pick up after they drop more.
cktbreaker
Art Expert
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:52 pm

CRON weee.... and just now comes news they are under investigation for misleading investors. Weee...... hopefully this will break support at 10.41.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:48 pm

cktbreaker wrote:CRON weee.... and just now comes news they are under investigation for misleading investors. Weee...... hopefully this will break support at 10.41.
They just froze trading as it is tanking.
1000steps
Art Expert
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 am

mmj and crypto could not be more different. Anyone who compares or conflates the two is a total duffer. Sooo, not terribly surprised to see that logic espoused here.

You guys thought you could break all the rules, defy fiscal gravity, but life just doesn't work that way.

By all means, keep tossing out your latest cool crypto lingo as your "portfolios" turn to dust. It's entertaining as hell.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2429
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:46 pm

1000steps wrote:mmj and crypto could not be more different. Anyone who compares or conflates the two is a total duffer. Sooo, not terribly surprised to see that logic espoused here.

You guys thought you could break all the rules, defy fiscal gravity, but life just doesn't work that way.

By all means, keep tossing out your latest cool crypto lingo as your "portfolios" turn to dust. It's entertaining as hell.
I want to throw some more money away- cross post from the stock market thread:

What is the easiest/cheapest way to be able to buy stocks on the Toronto Stock Exchange if I'm in the US? I just joined Webull and thought they could do it, but doesn't appear so- just NASDAQ and NYSE, but picked up some CRON. I want to pick up some Aurora (ACB? ACBFF?), any ideas? Robinhood or ETrade? Other?
cktbreaker
Art Expert
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:28 am

The Hype Around Pot Stocks Is Catching Up to the Crypto Craze

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... yptr=yahoo
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12316
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Finally got some extra cash in.

Someone shill me on some coins i'm missing out on? Otherwise gonna stock up current bags.

My current bags.

ETH 67%
EOS 10%
BTC 7%
OMG 6%
GNT 3%
XRP 2%
ICX 2%
FUN 1%
RVN 1%
ADA 1%
Image
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:59 pm

soam24 wrote:Finally got some extra cash in.

Someone shill me on some coins i'm missing out on? Otherwise gonna stock up current bags.

My current bags.

ETH 67%
EOS 10%
BTC 7%
OMG 6%
GNT 3%
XRP 2%
ICX 2%
FUN 1%
RVN 1%
ADA 1%
I'm really concentrating on BTC and ETH. I think I've mentioned to you before but ELA is the numero uno token for me outside of those two. Way too large of a scope to try and explain but that and ZRX are the only two I will probably throw a few more units in outside of BTC/ETH.

Also, updated folio:

34% ETH
23% ELA
21% ZRX
6% SALT
6% BTC
5% BAT
2% GNT
1% AGI
1% DRGN
<1% REQ
<1% FUN
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12316
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:39 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
soam24 wrote:Finally got some extra cash in.

Someone shill me on some coins i'm missing out on? Otherwise gonna stock up current bags.

My current bags.

ETH 67%
EOS 10%
BTC 7%
OMG 6%
GNT 3%
XRP 2%
ICX 2%
FUN 1%
RVN 1%
ADA 1%
I'm really concentrating on BTC and ETH. I think I've mentioned to you before but ELA is the numero uno token for me outside of those two. Way too large of a scope to try and explain but that and ZRX are the only two I will probably throw a few more units in outside of BTC/ETH.

Also, updated folio:

34% ETH
23% ELA
21% ZRX
6% SALT
6% BTC
5% BAT
2% GNT
1% AGI
1% DRGN
<1% REQ
<1% FUN
Elastos eh? I'll have to go do some reading.
Image
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Took me a while to actually comprehend what they are trying to do. For a while they weren't on an exchange for US folks to buy, and they basically haven't marketed or cared about getting investors from the West involved yet but tons of great work being done. Plus, a world class team and they have weekly updates every Friday which is huge compared to some of these shady projects going. Also, merged mining with BTC, airdrops, Bitmain partnership, etc are all great signs. It's clear they are working on finished products before tons of marketing. Also a low circulating supply.

Reached a high of around $82 during the bull run but now sitting at around $7.50. Honestly, if it doesn't hit $150 before the end of next year I would be surprised and disappointed. But then again that's just my opinion. Best kept secret in the market (I think).
ImageImageImageImageImage
Post Reply