Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm

toobs wrote:From what I've read over the last week seems like a pretty solid trend for this crash/dip too happen this time of year... If you look at the last 4 years a similar dip has happened in relation to Chinese new year and Asian markets selling off.

Also take into the consideration of nubnubs like myself in the market, some of which are probably panic selling because its there first big dip, along with all the China and Korea talks of bans can make a perfect storm for the dip we are in.

This has happened every year, but preceeding this was also a huge jump. I guess that just happened earlier this year? idk. this fudge is a mystery to me

Just pulled the trigger at 11.5k. Gonnna let that ride. I should also get some ETH when its down. Wonder if it will ever go below 1000. ETH has seemed to be a lot less volatile than BTC, not much room for day trading. Just an observation
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 pm

I like ETH > BTC... More companies and start ups using that technology Vs btc. I'm in small fry's like 1.5k but I Jus bought another $500 worth on the dip soooo...
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Lots of job opportunities cmoing up for people with ETH coding/syntax knowledge. Might have to be a new home project for me during my Paternity leave. 10 weeks away from being a Dad, unreal
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:54 pm

finneganm wrote:A currency is representative of full faith and credit in that nation. The currency valuation is a real time check on that full faith and credit. Which is why the very established, highly regulated, multi-trillion dollar global currency markets ascribe such a low valuation to Zimbabwe or Venezuela’s currencies.

Maybe if those currencies were instead traded on a Magic The Gathering online exchange, they could see much, much higher valuations than are warranted.
Backed by faith? I had always wondered what we replaced the gold standard with. Faith. of course. What could go wrong?
Do you have full faith in your government right now? The poor reality television show we call the nightly news?
The hyper inflation of Venezuela and Zimbabwe are extreme examples; however far from isolated instances in poor monetary policy.

I think you are failing to understand, because they are poorly named, that very few crypto assets are considered to be currencies. Most are scams and fudge. Some are platforms, protocol layers and dAPPs. A couple try to be currency.

I sense from your posts you are a bit salty that some millennial are making more money sitting at home and shitposting on twitter in a month than you make in a year counting beans (backed by full faith and confidence of course). Not an unsignficant amount, as your salary has allowed you to buy Geddes paintings during his heyday. I could see how putting that time into soul crushing tedium for the same reward that playing 'magic the gathering' could be discouraging.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Poster flips>Cryptos = Lambos
Last edited by 63schoeffling on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:43 pm

tulip1637 wrote:
finneganm wrote:A currency is representative of full faith and credit in that nation. The currency valuation is a real time check on that full faith and credit. Which is why the very established, highly regulated, multi-trillion dollar global currency markets ascribe such a low valuation to Zimbabwe or Venezuela’s currencies.

Maybe if those currencies were instead traded on a Magic The Gathering online exchange, they could see much, much higher valuations than are warranted.
Backed by faith? I had always wondered what we replaced the gold standard with. Faith. of course. What could go wrong?
Do you have full faith in your government right now? The poor reality television show we call the nightly news?
The hyper inflation of Venezuela and Zimbabwe are extreme examples; however far from isolated instances in poor monetary policy.

I think you are failing to understand, because they are poorly named, that very few crypto assets are considered to be currencies. Most are scams and fudge. Some are platforms, protocol layers and dAPPs. A couple try to be currency.

I sense from your posts you are a bit salty that some millennial are making more money sitting at home and shitposting on twitter in a month than you make in a year counting beans (backed by full faith and confidence of course). Not an unsignficant amount, as your salary has allowed you to buy Geddes paintings during his heyday. I could see how putting that time into soul crushing tedium for the same reward that playing 'magic the gathering' could be discouraging.
Luls
That's what she said
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:39 pm

toobs wrote:Anyone think litecoin drops below 200? Looking to buy some more
Yes :D
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:43 pm

and remember basic crypto investment strategy.....
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Saw a stat where the last three years, ETH's yearly low was on Jan 15, Jan 16 and Jan 12.... sounds about right.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:26 pm

so buy more ETH tomorrow?
Image THC x 3
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 pm

aznpunkyu wrote:so buy more ETH tomorrow?
thinking about it.... its below 1k right now :neutral:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm

I've been picking some up at various points. Not taking the chance of waiting until tomorrow.

If it is lower tomorrow, I will just buy more, lol.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 pm

63schoeffling wrote:I've been picking some up at various points. Not taking the chance of waiting until tomorrow.

If it is lower tomorrow, I will just buy more, lol.
jus saw eth dip to 880 then jump
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 pm

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 pm

watching this guy live right now......day trader getting his 5%-10% jumps on dips ... really interesting
Last edited by toobs on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.