Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:56 pm

damn 63..im sorry brother

Did you have any litecoin by any chance? Possibly having a better day?
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 pm

acidburn wrote:Did you have any litecoin by any chance? Possibly having a better day?
No joke. LTC is booming because it's the cheapest on Coinbase. Seriously, when are we going to see an influx of new money dumping their coins because it starts to level out? LTC is seriously over priced for what it is.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:10 pm

Trying to decide if idiots will keep buying LTC? Or is this the peak? Up almost 70% today.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 pm

jjbehren wrote:Trying to decide if idiots will keep buying LTC? Or is this the peak? Up almost 70% today.
Charlie Lee on Twitter: "Ok, sorry to spoil the party, but I need to reign in the excitement a bit...Buying LTC is extremely risky. I expect us to have a multi-year bear market like the one we just had where LTC dropped 90% in value ($48 to $4). So if you can't handle LTC dropping to $20, don't buy!"
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 pm

jjbehren wrote:Trying to decide if idiots will keep buying LTC? Or is this the peak? Up almost 70% today.
Same question, sell or keep gambling this wave..... here’s one of my biggest issues with crypto, what’s happens when the powers goes out. Natural disasters, hacks...zombies....etc..
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 am

acidburn wrote:damn 63..im sorry brother

Did you have any litecoin by any chance? Possibly having a better day?
Nope.... no LTC. Can't bring myself to buy any at that price since the only use it has is people buying it to shift into alts as it's a common pairing and faster than BTC. fudge happens I guess.
Last edited by 63schoeffling on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 am

I feel like a mush for even bringing it up, but a few of you have hit me up on the side asking for my address to send some funds over. I currently don't have a non-hacked IOTA wallet, plus the fact that you can't reuse addresses, but here are the addresses I do have:

BTC: 19yzv4U4KWGCLPcRMCgor9s36S1emkwadd
ETH: 0x25C8Baa792729D9A59D1EA3352E9bED8a8A159Fa
LTC: Le11yh7vGKNgFjCtGCGh7ykz4AHfNCHx4A

Whatever is easier for you works.... and honestly, I don't like handouts so maybe I can dig up some stuff sitting in my flatfile to send over for a thank you. Nothing crazy, but whatever. Just drop me a PM as well and I can grab your info if you want and run a few things by you to see what you may be interested in. I'm glad some of you actually listen to what I have to say and apparently earned you some units along the way! I keep in touch with a few of you off-line, so if any of you ever have any questions, concerns or need some input I am more than happy to help any way I can.

Buy yourselves a Ledger or two and never use seed gens!!
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 am

noob here. I remember bitcoin being $300. then $800. then $3000. then $10000. then $15000. now I don't even know what it is. Each time I was like... should I buy this? apparently the answer was yes each time.

I'm not looking to track or follow this much or investment much more that few posters worth. Is coinbase my best bet? Which 2 or 3 should I buy? I'd probably cash out half my value if and when it doubles, then let it ride or die.
8=====D~~~~
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 am

michaelmillichamp wrote:
Charlie Lee on Twitter: "Ok, sorry to spoil the party, but I need to reign in the excitement a bit...Buying LTC is extremely risky. I expect us to have a multi-year bear market like the one we just had where LTC dropped 90% in value ($48 to $4). So if you can't handle LTC dropping to $20, don't buy!"
yea i saw he received a lot of comments about that. Its just funny watching him go on CNBC and then say it. I personally have always liked Litecoin and liked Charlie so Ive been accumulating for a bit. He's extremely honest. Maybe a little too honest.

I don't think it has to do with being the cheapest on coinbase though. Its been cheap for a while. Between the interview and a few bigger places picking it up for payment, who knows what will happen but hate on it or not, this run has been a beautiful thing.

Just waiting for this lightning network. Im not a smart man but I think if successful that will be when BTC goes to the next stage
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 am

LTC scares me. I sold it at 60 when it was "stable".. my thoughts. Coinbase trending in app store. So much new money coming in. People d/l coinbase have three options. BTC 16000. Ethereum 500 LTC 150.. so naturally "LTC is the safe option" for new money, when in fact I think it's the opposite.
tjinoh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:43 am

Nano S question I was hoping someone here could help with...I got it set up with a password and everything, then downloaded Ledger Wallet Ripple, and it says to plug in my device and open up the Ripple app. My Nano S only shows Bitcoin, Ethereum Fido U2F and Settings as options - no Ripple. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am

tjinoh wrote:Nano S question I was hoping someone here could help with...I got it set up with a password and everything, then downloaded Ledger Wallet Ripple, and it says to plug in my device and open up the Ripple app. My Nano S only shows Bitcoin, Ethereum Fido U2F and Settings as options - no Ripple. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Best to just read this as a lengthy process.

https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... RP-Ripple-
tjinoh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am

chevyav53 wrote:
tjinoh wrote:Nano S question I was hoping someone here could help with...I got it set up with a password and everything, then downloaded Ledger Wallet Ripple, and it says to plug in my device and open up the Ripple app. My Nano S only shows Bitcoin, Ethereum Fido U2F and Settings as options - no Ripple. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Best to just read this as a lengthy process.

https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... RP-Ripple-
Thanks for that, Chevy - I hadn't seen anything indicating I needed to add the Ledger Manager to Chrome. Now I can access my device, but it won't let me install or uninstall any apps. Was hoping this would be a little smoother than it's turning out to be.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 pm

pretty surprised to wake up and see ETH over 630 and LTC over 375. Congrats to those who kept some in there. I wasnt one of them. Guess I should have been paying closer attention
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm

had about 20 LTC I converted to BTC before it boomed, so did alright, but damn if I would have kept them...

I expect to see a decline when all this new money FOMO dies down.