World of Whiskey

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:19 pm

cadeallaw wrote:hi everybody
:cheers: <--- pretend they're shot glasses
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:52 pm

electrachrome wrote:
cadeallaw wrote:hi everybody
:cheers: <--- pretend they're shot glasses
I've never "done a shot" in my life.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Rye Whiskey Showdown
carljwiii
Art Expert

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:53 pm

cadeallaw wrote:Rye Whiskey Showdown
Looking forward to the winner
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 am

Looks like sazerac is in the lead
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:32 pm

ackirkpatrick wrote:Looks like sazerac is in the lead
Ever try a rye offering from Willett Distillery?
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Sazarac is prolly my least favorite... Most bitter/abrasive (keep in mind, I also don't care a lot for Knob Creek rye).

Bulleit is my, all things considered, winner: $27 for a liter, readily available, and has a very assertive, yet smooth rye flavor. Considerably smoother than the Bulleit bourbon

The Crown is better than expected... I had to try it after it received Whiskey of the Year honors. Similar to the Bulleit (in comparison to the Sazarac), but is less assertive and more balanced.

James Pepper tastes exactly like a 100 proof Bulleit... In fact, I would be shocked if this was not another MGP/LDI rye. Bulleit gets the edge, however, as Bulleit is cheaper, and more readily available.
carljwiii
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:56 pm

cadeallaw wrote:Sazarac is prolly my least favorite... Most bitter/abrasive (keep in mind, I also don't care a lot for Knob Creek rye).

Bulleit is my, all things considered, winner: $27 for a liter, readily available, and has a very assertive, yet smooth rye flavor. Considerably smoother than the Bulleit bourbon

The Crown is better than expected... I had to try it after it received Whiskey of the Year honors. Similar to the Bulleit (in comparison to the Sazarac), but is less assertive and more balanced.

James Pepper tastes exactly like a 100 proof Bulleit... In fact, I would be shocked if this was not another MGP/LDI rye. Bulleit gets the edge, however, as Bulleit is cheaper, and more readily available.
:clap:
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
Danno1
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:18 pm

cadeallaw wrote:Sazarac is prolly my least favorite... Most bitter/abrasive (keep in mind, I also don't care a lot for Knob Creek rye).

Think I may have to buy a bottle of the CR Rye, sounds interesting.
stay thirsty my friends
smokeycat
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:29 pm

herniated disc, drinking like a fish :pint: :pint: :pint: oooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Danno1
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Danno1 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
Danno1 wrote:Is anyone a member of the "bourbon exchange" on facebook? Holy crap I literally had no idea! Some of those dudes make print flippers look like total amateurs.
Yeah I belong to it. Also Strong Water Trading and several others. Just PM me if you want me to add you.
I joined a few days ago. I cant find a Strong Water Trading.
Thanks for adding me. I am kind of anti FB, I only recently joined because my old friends got tired of messaging me through my wife and harassed me into it. I am going to give these groups about 2 more days and if there isn't an extreme shift in direction from them, (which I know won't happen) I am dropping out of every single last one. I have really seen nothing or very, very little on there that has anything at all to do with the enjoyment, experience or pleasure of whiskey. 90% of what I see is hate, disgust, bragging and downgrading. I think the whole lot should be renamed "The Buffalo Trace Fanboy Flippers Society".

I like this thread, and am forever grateful that nothing even remotely close to those pages has happened here.
stay thirsty my friends
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Danno1 wrote:
Danno1 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
Danno1 wrote:Is anyone a member of the "bourbon exchange" on facebook? Holy crap I literally had no idea! Some of those dudes make print flippers look like total amateurs.
Yeah I belong to it. Also Strong Water Trading and several others. Just PM me if you want me to add you.
I joined a few days ago. I cant find a Strong Water Trading.
Thanks for adding me. I am kind of anti FB, I only recently joined because my old friends got tired of messaging me through my wife and harassed me into it. I am going to give these groups about 2 more days and if there isn't an extreme shift in direction from them, (which I know won't happen) I am dropping out of every single last one. I have really seen nothing or very, very little on there that has anything at all to do with the enjoyment, experience or pleasure of whiskey. 90% of what I see is hate, disgust, bragging and downgrading. I think the whole lot should be renamed "The Buffalo Trace Fanboy Flippers Society".

I like this thread, and am forever grateful that nothing even remotely close to those pages has happened here.
Yeah I hear that. But I can't get my hands on handy and some other rare bourbons and ryes otherwise. Also some really cool scotches get posted every now and then.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:16 am

Just had some of the Crown Rye. Pretty darn good but not exactly as good as all the hype.

Lagavulin 16 on the other hand.... Now that is damnnn good.
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:51 am

63schoeffling wrote:Just had some of the Crown Rye. Pretty darn good but not exactly as good as all the hype.
I really don't understand that hype, especially considering they released another rye at the same time which is worlds better.
Danno1
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:03 pm

electrachrome wrote:On the hunt for this:
John E Fitzgerald Very Special Reserve 20yr

I see a few people on the secondary market selling this for $700. They also claim it's a steal at this price because next year it will be going for 3x that. Wow.
stay thirsty my friends