World of Whiskey

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:16 pm

i could go for some weller and blantons
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:26 pm

I’ve had the regular Wellers and the 107 but have yet to track down a 12. The store by me has been getting Blanton’s every week the last 3 weeks.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2020 3:46 pm

Last couple of week's score: the McKenna and Michter's I was disappointed in (particularly the McKenna because I know how hard it is to get and heard nothing but good things about it). The 1792 isn't a bad bottle for $25, something I can sip on daily. The Four Roses barrel strength was a barrel picked by a local bourbon society and was very good (my first introduction to Four Roses by the way). Then I tried the regular Four Roses (again, not bad for $20). The Old Taylor 6 was good but I'm a fan of the Colonel Taylor line. And today I'm trying Booker's for the first time after picking up my first bottle (Granny's Batch). Not bad, a tad overpriced. I'd try other Booker's but I hear they kind of hit and miss for some folks. Hard to come by so I had to grab it and see for myself.

halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed May 06, 2020 11:05 pm

i know its not high class, but man, skrewball is addictive.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
Drop a shot in a Chonk
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed May 06, 2020 11:54 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 pm
halftonegraphics wrote:
Drop a shot in a Chonk
i followed up the pb and j chonk with a shot. ;P
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu May 07, 2020 7:42 am

I had a mini Skrewball just to try it and I liked it. Been meaning to pick up a bottle. Been told to mix it with some chocolate, so I’ll have to give that a try now.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sun May 24, 2020 9:29 pm

namaste
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sun May 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
...And today I'm trying Booker's for the first time after picking up my first bottle (Granny's Batch). Not bad, a tad overpriced. I'd try other Booker's but I hear they kind of hit and miss for some folks. Hard to come by so I had to grab it and see for myself.
Booker's is my go to Bourbon. I'm still shy several bottles to finish my vertical, but thinking mayby just drink what I have & enjoy it while I can. Lots 'n lots of choices out there. Much like posters 'n prints, it's easy to get sucked down the rabbit hole and start chasing bottles for the sport of it. At some point you realize that it'll take a lifetime to drink all that booze ...if it don't kill ya first.
I'm thankful that I had a decent collection bunkered as I just couldn't justify a trip to the liquor store during lockdown. That 17 year Wild Turkey is saved for special occasions, like a friends virtual 40th b-day party the other day. These are some daily drinkers guarding the Booker's stash in back.
fredo
Art God

Mon May 25, 2020 5:35 am

Nice defense force!
Curious to try the Master's Keep.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon May 25, 2020 1:16 pm

electrachrome wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:40 pm
Irishman12 wrote:
...And today I'm trying Booker's for the first time after picking up my first bottle (Granny's Batch). Not bad, a tad overpriced. I'd try other Booker's but I hear they kind of hit and miss for some folks. Hard to come by so I had to grab it and see for myself.
Booker's is my go to Bourbon. I'm still shy several bottles to finish my vertical, but thinking mayby just drink what I have & enjoy it while I can. Lots 'n lots of choices out there. Much like posters 'n prints, it's easy to get sucked down the rabbit hole and start chasing bottles for the sport of it. At some point you realize that it'll take a lifetime to drink all that booze ...if it don't kill ya first.
I'm thankful that I had a decent collection bunkered as I just couldn't justify a trip to the liquor store during lockdown. That 17 year Wild Turkey is saved for special occasions, like a friends virtual 40th b-day party the other day. These are some daily drinkers guarding the Booker's stash in back.
Got my 2nd Booker's over the weekend (Kitchen Table 2018-04). Not bad either and yes, you can easily get sucked into this hobby rather easily and it can become quite expensive. I've got a number of bottles at my place but like you, the harder to find stuff/expensive stuff, I drink every once in a while. My daily drinks are usually $40 bottles and under and nothing that I can't go to the store right now and find. Currently my daily drinks are Buffalo Trace and Wolcott. Still looking for a Weller 12 to try. Tried the 107 and regular version. And next month they'll be releasing a Single Barrel as well.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon May 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:16 pm
Still looking for a Weller 12 to try. Tried the 107 and regular version. And next month they'll be releasing a Single Barrel as well.
I've seen the Weller 12 on the shelf exactly once. It just doesn't get distributed up here. I passed at $80 (3-4 years ago) from what I've read, it's no better than than the others, OWA is probably the best, but I'd like to try the Single Barrel
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon May 25, 2020 6:14 pm

I'd be curious to try both. Heard Weller 12 was available for $180 a bottle in New York. I passed. I'll have to find a local whiskey bar and see if they serve it just to try it.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 pm

I walked into a small shop over the weekend and found my first bottle of Blanton's. WOW. It's good. Bulleit has been my go to for a couple of years now. If you haven't tried Noah's Mill, I highly recommend it.
This small cabinet used to be my whiskey stash. It's since spilled out and has probably multiplied by 5.

Image Image Image
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:47 pm

morecoffee wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 pm
I walked into a small shop over the weekend and found my first bottle of Blanton's. WOW. It's good. Bulleit has been my go to for a couple of years now. If you haven't tried Noah's Mill, I highly recommend it.
This small cabinet used to be my whiskey stash. It's since spilled out and has probably multiplied by 5.

Image Image Image
Congrats on the Blanton's snag! I grabbed my first bottle back in February. Once COVID-19 hit, I was walking in every week grabbing one until I finally figured I had enough (bad mistake). The next 2 or 3 weeks I passed on them and now for the last 6 weeks or so, I haven't seen anymore. How's the Stagg? Haven't been able to get my hand's on one yet to try.

Grabbed Michter's Small Batch Sour Mash Whiskey to try today (I've only had the Small Batch Unblended American Whiskey) and I really liked the Sour Mash. Much better than the SBUAW IMO. I like my whiskey smooth with not a lot of spice/burn.