World of Whiskey

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Anyone try Proper No. Twelve yet? Just ordered for the fights next weekend :pint:
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:28 am

chevyav53 wrote:Anyone try Proper No. Twelve yet? Just ordered for the fights next weekend :pint:
Saw it yesterday and almost snagged it just because. I already had my Bonded Old Grandad and Pumpkin Bailey's (for coffee/hot choc) in hand so decided to pass for now. I plan on trying it for sure.
Danno1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:30 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Anyone try Proper No. Twelve yet? Just ordered for the fights next weekend :pint:
Not in Ohio as of yet.
stay thirsty my friends
Danno1
Art Expert

Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:35 pm

Proper No Twelve hits locals in Northern KY tomorrow. Video review from one says its great, very strong flavors with a mild Irish Whiskey finish. One store has only received 50 bottles and due to what they say is an absolutely overwhelming demand they are having a Rock Em Sock Em Robots tournament for what they have. First 100 people to register tomorrow are in the tourney, 50 winners can purchase for $29. Another local are going to have a random drop and expect an immediate sellout at $28.

The review alone has me interested, these guys are pretty hard core bourbon guys so for them to give it 2 thumbs up has peeked my interest.

Heaven Hill has discontinued the 6 yr BIB. Best deal ever for locals. No reason given, just discontinued. Of course everyone used to have cases upon cases upon cases of the stuff cause only the real drinkers knew how great it was, all sold out now.
stay thirsty my friends
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 pm

I’d like to get in to this world. A coworker was telling me that Weller 12 was a phenomenal bourbon but it’s all allocated here in Maryland. Might anyone had access to Weller 12, or any Weller at all? I’d love to try some!
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:33 pm

Danno1 wrote:Proper No Twelve hits locals in Northern KY tomorrow. Video review from one says its great, very strong flavors with a mild Irish Whiskey finish. One store has only received 50 bottles and due to what they say is an absolutely overwhelming demand they are having a Rock Em Sock Em Robots tournament for what they have. First 100 people to register tomorrow are in the tourney, 50 winners can purchase for $29. Another local are going to have a random drop and expect an immediate sellout at $28.

The review alone has me interested, these guys are pretty hard core bourbon guys so for them to give it 2 thumbs up has peeked my interest.

Heaven Hill has discontinued the 6 yr BIB. Best deal ever for locals. No reason given, just discontinued. Of course everyone used to have cases upon cases upon cases of the stuff cause only the real drinkers knew how great it was, all sold out now.
200+ cases in Indiana were sold in 2 hours in Indiana :pint:
Danno1
Art Expert

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:46 pm

zefarrett wrote:I’d like to get in to this world. A coworker was telling me that Weller 12 was a phenomenal bourbon but it’s all allocated here in Maryland. Might anyone had access to Weller 12, or any Weller at all? I’d love to try some!
I may be headed to KY this weekend or next. I will grab ya a bottle. It's great and actually usually available somewhere down there somewhere. Though a lot of places may be short stocked with everyone going there hunting the BTAC release a little while ago.
stay thirsty my friends
zefarrett
Art Freak

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:51 am

The only Weller thing I’ve managed to find is a bottle of antique that’s priced at $60. I can’t bring myself to buy it from a liquor store selling for crazy secondary prices. It just ain’t worth it.

I was thinking about buying a bottle of eagle rare, Elijah Craig small bath, or eh Taylor single barrel. Any insight from anyone? (I have no idea what I’m doing if anyone can tell haha)
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
Sinitron

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Any Whistlepig fans around? I love VT and their products along with the beer scene.

Someone mentioned Canadian Club Rye earlier, what great pricing and an interesting sipper.

Anyone tried Suntory Toki yet? Seems like an exclusive highball mixer.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm

zefarrett wrote:The only Weller thing I’ve managed to find is a bottle of antique that’s priced at $60. I can’t bring myself to buy it from a liquor store selling for crazy secondary prices. It just ain’t worth it.

I was thinking about buying a bottle of eagle rare, Elijah Craig small bath, or eh Taylor single barrel. Any insight from anyone? (I have no idea what I’m doing if anyone can tell haha)
I love all 3 of those options, but for the price the Eagle Rare is the winner. It should be around $35 per bottle, it's from Buffalo Trace, and it still has a 10 year age statement.

My next favorite on that list is the EH Taylor Single Barrel, but that's a little more spendy at about $70-$80 per bottle. I've drank one bottle and have another squirreled away. It's great, but not the value Eagle Rare is. (I've never had the "Small Batch" EH Taylor, but I've heard the Single Barrel is noticeably better.)

The EC is also very good. It's probably my 3rd favorite of the 3 you mentioned, but since it's quite a bit cheaper than the EH Taylor Single Barrel, it would probably be my second favorite buy of the three. I just dumped 3 cups of EC into some cider for the moms and dads trick-or-treating with their kids tonight. Good stuff.
MGW
Art Expert

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:53 pm

jjbehren wrote:I just dumped 3 cups of EC into some cider for the moms and dads trick-or-treating with their kids tonight. Good stuff.
We did the same with some Old Fo 1897. Mixed in some maple syrup and a couple shakes of cinnamon. May be my drink through the holidays. And agree on the Eagle Rare, a bargain for sure.
- In the end it's the beast and the fowl that will reclaim the world.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:19 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/legendary ... assed-away
Legendary American Whiskey Distiller Dave Pickerell has Passed Away
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:03 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:https://www.thedailybeast.com/legendary ... assed-away
Legendary American Whiskey Distiller Dave Pickerell has Passed Away
Sad. I grabbed a bottle of blackened earlier this year. Haven’t cracked it yet, but might now to drink a dram in Dave’s honor.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
fredo
Art God

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:28 am

Had a 25yo Glenrothes last weekend. It was reeeal good.
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:59 am

HappaHaoli wrote:Yeah, I went a bit ham this fall. I came back from Italy/Dublin and was determined to build out a solid liquor and wine collection so bought a proper cabinet , etc and started filling them.
I was just going back through this thread a little. How was that Caribou Crossing? I'm a bit curious about that one. Is my understanding correct that it is essentially Blantons ingredients distilled as a Canadian whiskey? I've been keeping my eye out for it lately, regardless.

How's everyone's hunting going this year? Mine is going weird. I've scored 2 Old Rips from shops that I never expected to score from. I put my name on a list at these shops last year or the year before, half figuring they were just appeasing me and nothing would come from it. Turns out they weren't, and I had worked my way to the top. I'll take it. I also scored a Lot B by being in the right place at the right time. No BTACs this year, which is disappointing. I did score a bottle of Parker's, though.

I made it to a fun tasting event. For $50 we had pours of Parker's, Old Forester Birthday, Old Fitz 9 year, Handy, and Stagg. I really was surprised by the Parker's and Old Fitz. They were much better than I thought they'd be. The Old Forester Birthday was not for me, though. They also had a chance to buy a few bottles via a lotto, but I didn't win there.