World of Whiskey

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3552
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Bryman wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:59 am
Irishman12 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:42 pm
Unfortunately it wasn't Weller FP Spec's pick but I'll take this as a nice consolation!

Image
Damn, man! Congrats! I see the second bottle is A, but is that B on the first?
The one on the left is O and the one on the right is an A. I was able to grab a third bottle yesterday from another store when I went out of town. That was a S. I have every letter but the N:

Enjoy the Weller 12! Have you had it before or no?
User avatar
Bryman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:40 pm
Location: CA

Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Nope, never. My pallet is a bit funky this weekend so I’m saving it for another weekend. Maybe Christmas. Congrats on the additional Blanton’s man. Can never have too much Blanton’s lol.
Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3552
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:48 pm

Bryman wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:03 pm
Nope, never. My pallet is a bit funky this weekend so I’m saving it for another weekend. Maybe Christmas. Congrats on the additional Blanton’s man. Can never have too much Blanton’s lol.
Exactly. Thanks. Enjoy the W12!
User avatar
Bryman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:40 pm
Location: CA

Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Will do, thanks.
Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.
User avatar
morecoffee
Art Expert
Posts: 1425
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:07 pm

I picked up three bottles of Taylor small batch and a bottle of Booker's Little Book Chapter 4 this weekend.
I have really been liking the different Booker's releases. This year's small batch #3 is definitely worth seeking out.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3552
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Never had nor even heard of Hancock's Reserve until about a week ago. But the store I was at had it today and it's a Buffalo Trace product so I grabbed it. A $50 bottle and it's good, not great, and probably more in line with a $35-$50 bottle. Not disappointed I picked it up though. They were also handing out allocated Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Special Release Rye so I grabbed one of those as well (haven't opened it yet so the jury's still out).

Image
User avatar
playa787
Art Expert
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 am
Location: Mos Eisley, CA

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 am

Gifted a bottle of MM 101 based on some recommendations I saw here and my friend loved it. Wanted to say thanks to the connoisseurs that keep this thread alive. Cheers. :cheers:
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.
User avatar
cmatthews11
Art Expert
Posts: 2954
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:09 pm

playa787 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 am
Gifted a bottle of MM 101 based on some recommendations I saw here and my friend loved it. Wanted to say thanks to the connoisseurs that keep this thread alive. Cheers. :cheers:
Had a pour of it last night, definitely a good call.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3552
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:48 pm

playa787 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 am
Gifted a bottle of MM 101 based on some recommendations I saw here and my friend loved it. Wanted to say thanks to the connoisseurs that keep this thread alive. Cheers. :cheers:
Glad your friend enjoyed it :cheers:
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3552
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye Whiskey, rated the 2020 Whiskey of the Year. Saw a bottle so I had to grab it and try it for myself. For 132 proof, this is surprisingly smooth. I get the hints of fruit but not vanilla or chocolate. Overall not bad and it only cost $60, but I wouldn't claim it to be the best whiskey of the year.

Image
User avatar
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Bryman wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:55 pm
Irishman12 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:23 pm
and the fact it's limited edition (and unsure if it'll be available again here in the States?), I'll go ahead and get another.
That’s what I’m thinking.

As usual, great finds. You’re on a tear lately. Save some for the rest of us man! Lol
MM 101, is kind of a limited edition. It’s only available at the distillery on a normal year. Given the shut down, they released their production this year for outside distribution
User avatar
Bryman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:40 pm
Location: CA

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 pm

ackirkpatrick wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:49 pm
MM 101, is kind of a limited edition. It’s only available at the distillery on a normal year.
Yep. The distillery *and at travel duty free shops like airports, seaports etc. Their loss = our gain!
Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3552
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:19 pm

Bryman wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 pm
ackirkpatrick wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:49 pm
MM 101, is kind of a limited edition. It’s only available at the distillery on a normal year.
Yep. The distillery *and at travel duty free shops like airports, seaports etc. Their loss = our gain!
Exactly! Same with the Blanton's Gold and Black labels (still haven't tried them yet but the Black label is exclusive to Japan and Gold to the UK). Got them here in the States in 2020. Not sure if the same will apply this year?
User avatar
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert
Posts: 1343
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:11 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:35 pm
Never had nor even heard of Hancock's Reserve until about a week ago. But the store I was at had it today and it's a Buffalo Trace product so I grabbed it. A $50 bottle and it's good, not great, and probably more in line with a $35-$50 bottle. Not disappointed I picked it up though. They were also handing out allocated Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Special Release Rye so I grabbed one of those as well (haven't opened it yet so the jury's still out).

Image
I've been hunting that JD rye without success. Curious to hear your thoughts of it
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
Posts: 3552
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:31 pm

I didn't care for it. Had too much spice for me. I'm 50-50 on Rye's.
Post Reply