Stock Market Discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:02 pm

The article is a good read. The issuance of new stock seems like fraud on its face. Kind of like printing and circulating confederate currency as Grant and Lee head to Appommatox Courthouse for the surrender at the end of the civil war.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:13 am

I agree, it’s fraud. And I don’t quite understand why it was approved. I guess, give people what they want and buyer beware, lol. HTZ is up 3% on the day though. It’s quite fascinating following this. I bought and sold (and sold and bought) this stock 3 times since the beginning of April. The first two buys were gambling: one worked in my favour, one didn’t (both pre-bankrupt). The third was definitely an “educated” and very favourable short I had already mentioned here. Will see how this plays out.

Norwegian Cruise Line announced earlier today it isn’t going to be cruising until at least October now, which kind of expected. Down over 12% after hours and still overpriced, given the news.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:25 pm

HTZ has been halted for a good part of the day because of the SEC’s concern about the issuance of new shares. Luls.

So... I have had this Mellendo Therapeutics stock (MLND) since mid-April. It shot up quite a bit yesterday and today.

1 week:

3 months:

2 years:

People/speculators smarter than myself target it between 4 and $6, currently. Many haven’t been covering this guy for a while, but Citigroup, for example, resumed their coverage last week of May with a buy, target of $6.

I have a feeling it’s heading for a correction and I should dump and buy again later, but really can’t make up my mind, lol. Currently trading at $3.05 per (+28% on the day). No particular news out that I know of to support the jump.

It’s 1 of only 4 stocks I am currently holding.

What would you (the high-risk hobby group) do?

Edit: I set the limit to sell at $3.5. Went up to $3.36 so far.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Sold at $3.50! Kind of ragrets, lol.

Edit: closed at $2.92 in the after hours. Good call, I guess. It peaked at $3.64, but rolled back down quickly. I bought at $1.51 sometime mid-April. Will see what happens tomorrow.

bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:20 pm

^ Dipped back in today at $2.70. Set the limit at $2.50 at first, but slowly raised it; not fast enough because I missed the $2.61 low. Will see how that works out.

In other news, Hertz ain’t selling worthless stock anymore in order to keep being traded, lol. Was halted for a good portion of the day again and down over 10%. I have no idea why it isn’t flooring.

The company in a filing Thursday with the SEC said the finance committee of the Hertz Board of Directors "determined that it was in the best interests of the company to terminate" the sale.

Luls. More like “Got kicked in the teeth for attempting to sell $1B worth of useless fudge and, thus, decided...”. They are now looking for a $1B loan for restructuring instead. Lol. Good luck with that! What a clusterfuck of a story.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:16 am

Saw this headline at Reuters today and thought it was pretty hilarious:

Waiting for moar “free” money, lol.

P. S. Hertz down 20% on the day, now sitting at $1.37.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:51 am

Hertz...lol
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Pretty quiet in here. How are all the day traders doin? the next big dump should be happening any day now amirite.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Bought and sold EDSA premarket on Thurs,
Bought TSLA 2 weeks ago. Bought and sold same day. Added EBAY after earnings.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:42 pm

I haven’t really done much since my last post. Sold MLND a day or two after I bought (a couple of posts above), unfortunately after they announced that one of their main drugs failed phase 2 study, so took a bit of a hit there. Luckily, I did better than well on the previous sale of the same stock (a few posts above, lol). I dipped back in since, lol. And it’s a fudge stock, really; I have no idea why I feel like it’s undervalued (I had this feeling since when I bought it the first time back in April). Whatever, I guess, it treated me well so far.

Also bought some MDWD at $3.4. Should have sold when it went over $4.4 a few days ago and bought back in, but I was sure the run would continue.

Bought some CWEB as well a few days. Not really sure about that one and could be a bad move, but I will let it ride and see what happens.

That’s about it since my last post here. Currently holding some tech and one or two other pharmaceuticals. On this note, a hell of a run for tech.

Got a kick out of this the other day:

The answer is most definitely yes. And gold is not the only “signal”, IMO.

Edit: forgot to add that HTZ is still trading the one forties. Lol.

Edit 2: I also bought and sold some metal diggers on TSX. Still holding a couple.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:58 am

kcn0
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:21 pm

It looks like it will close even higher today. Also, silver is outpacing gold by quite a bit, and I think it will continue to. A few weeks ago, the gold:silver ratio was 1:100, and at this very moment, it is 1:76.

With the metals markets booming, the stock market on the verge, and my inability to comprehend buying into a crypto with no inherent value, I'm not sure where to keep investing... short the stock market?
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
mlinderer
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:01 am

Sold VSLR today for $25.62 exactly two months after buying for $9.13. It was a fun ride up after the Sunrun acquisition, but i think it's time to come back to earth.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:27 am

Nice mlinderer. Did you leave a runner in case the stock moves up? This would be my re-entry and stop on VSLR.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:40 pm

Good move on the VSLR, mlinderer.

Gold and silver was due for correction:

Bought and sold some CLSK yesterday and bought some again today at the low. I bought some of it back in April too, but sold sometime in May. Really should have held on and sell yesterday, lol.