AOR 3.72 Hendrix Los Angeles 68 VanHamersveld

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:10 pm

I went to the link above, and everything points to this being well worth the money IMHO.
My advice: buy it if you like it.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:I want...but not sure if I want to pull the $600 trigger.
I'm in the same boat, especially after seeing that some have sold on eBay for less...
ImageT.K.C.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 pm

So, this Fairey edition has already been partially released?
When, and by whom?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:I went to the link above, and everything points to this being well worth the money IMHO.
My advice: buy it if you like it.
bryndavies wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:I want...but not sure if I want to pull the $600 trigger.
I'm in the same boat, especially after seeing that some have sold on eBay for less...
They are selling at cost or below in the two years since the first group was released. I wouldn't buy it if I was looking to make money on it because I don't see it being worth more than $600 in the near term. But like Rick said above, buy it if you like it. It will be worth roughly what you pay.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
labonte
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm not a fan of endless reprintings, even if Fairey gets to do one of them. There's like 8 or 9 official reprints of this? Its a cool poster and all, but come on...
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:So, this Fairey edition has already been partially released?
When, and by whom?
I do not recall when it was released but it was definitely for sale at some point recently... Maybe Subliminal Projects?
T.K.C.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:05 pm

It was October 2010

http://www.obeygiant.com/page/60

I think it wasn't released through Obey though

http://www.post-future.com/prints/jimi_sf.html
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks, guys! I vageuly recalled something about this, but I get confused keeping up with re-releases in my old age :oops:

I've always loved this one; ranks up there as a close 2nd of Jimi images behind Kieser's IMHO. FWIW, I don't count BG105 because that's not an image of Jimi.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:26 pm

So shep has held on to some of these since they were originally released in October 2010. I wonder if he is in a creative lull and just pulled out the remainder to continue his almost weekly releases?

In any event, I really like this image, but will likely pass trying for it tomorrow because its so damn big and I'm not sure where I would store or hang it.
ImageT.K.C.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:59 pm

I think the thing I like best about it, and why I'm seriously considering going for it, is that it would complete an "oversized Hendrix trilogy" of screenprints for me.
I kind of think this monster would look pretty damned good on a big Jimi wall with BG105 in the center, as pictured below.
All 60's, all the time, with technological improvements when possible/applicable.
I guess I'm new old school. Anyway, that's my thinking. Now to stew on it tonight in my sleep.
Screen.3Jimi's.jpg
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm

This print KILLS in person :clap:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 pm

id love to find the huge Gunther Kieser Jimi at a good price!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 pm

comountaingolf wrote:This print KILLS in person :clap:

You did a fantastic job framing it. :notworthy:
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:10 pm

I don't have this one in the collection yet, but i think the Stuttgart screen print is near impossible to beat. It's pretty amazing. 30 colors - wow! :heart:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
aldo
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:38 pm

For those who can't wait you can buy some PPs and HCs now: http://modernmultiples.com/product-cate ... amersveld/