Coachella 07 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 14, 2007 9:54 am

Esther wrote: I'm sure the ones that will be sold thru the website will have some of the moisture damage... ink flaking and such...
Naw, anything that bad I highly doubt they'd sell without notice, most bigger merch sites make note of when stuff is "tour worn"

They most likely have a bunch that never made it to the booths. 1K is a lot of posters.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Esther wrote:
artoholic wrote: I don't know but there is a poster section in the on-line store.
I bought one of these off ebay. The seller said that it was in mint condition, but it is totally fuct. It has all kinds of creases in it that show right through. I am going to send him a message and request a partial refund for sure :x
did you get the poster thru mrfandango.. or something like that?!?!? He's the one who said my poster was mint and sent me one that was ALL sorts of drymount up!!! I originally spent $80, and he refunded me $30 cuz I told him there was NO way I would give him positive feedback for sending me this print... and he'll be lucky to get $50 for it.. I asked him if he would send me another one of his from one of his listings, and he said they were all in similar condition....

hell, mine actually had rips on the back....

I'm sure the ones that will be sold thru the website will have some of the moisture damage... ink flaking and such...
Damn, I bought one from mrfandango too. Haven't gotten it yet, actually haven't heard a peep from him (which concerns me). I triple checked the text on the auction and it did say "Mint". Now I'm really worried.

KJ
dreamingtree#41
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 14, 2007 7:20 pm

I bought one from mrfandango for the $80, like artolohic and Nj1nyr, on Friday May, 11. I have not heard a word either from him, after leaving two messages. After hearing the stories from ya'll im a little worried now too.

If all three of us recieve posters in non "mint" condition, are any of us able to use PayPal's insurance policy. From what I understand the policy makes sure the buyer has recieved the product from the seller by proof of delivery, ususally a tracking number. However, I don't know if PayPal covers for misleading adversiting, such as "mint" condition.

I have never had a problem with people from Ebay, maybe I have been lucky. However, if I recieve the poster in non "mint" condition, then I will have learned my lesson and only deal with people on here.
pioneer
Flipper

Mon May 14, 2007 7:28 pm

dreamingtree#41 wrote:I bought one from mrfandango for the $80, like artolohic and Nj1nyr, on Friday May, 11. I have not heard a word either from him, after leaving two messages. After hearing the stories from ya'll im a little worried now too.

If all three of us recieve posters in non "mint" condition, are any of us able to use PayPal's insurance policy. From what I understand the policy makes sure the buyer has recieved the product from the seller by proof of delivery, ususally a tracking number. However, I don't know if PayPal covers for misleading adversiting, such as "mint" condition.

I have never had a problem with people from Ebay, maybe I have been lucky. However, if I recieve the poster in non "mint" condition, then I will have learned my lesson and only deal with people on here.
You can file an "Item Not as Described" Claim with paypal. If all three are bad, and you all file claims against the same seller, I would think Paypal would side with the buyers. If he stated "mint", and they aren't, the seller is in trouble.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
coxgt
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2007 7:28 pm

dreamingtree#41 wrote:
I believe you are correct in your assumption that Paypal is more concerned with whether or not you received the product. Not necessarily if the products condition was incorrectly listed. Though, I hope the seller would accept an immediate return less they receive lots of negative feedback. Good luck!
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
artoholic
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 pm

I don't want to post the sellers name at this point as I am giving him/her the opportunity to set things right. I recently sent Mr./Mrs. Anonymous the following message:

I received this the other day and it is messed up. It has creases that show right through onto the artwork and tears that look like tape damage on the back. I am not as concerned about the tears as they don't affect the print, but the creases are very visible. You had listed this as being in "mint" condition and it is obviously far from being anywhere near that. I do not want to leave negative feedback for you, but unless we are able to come to some type of reasonable agreement, I will have no other option. I would be happy to return the poster for a full refund, or exchange it for a “mint” condition copy, as that is what I paid for. I can provide pictures, if you feel it is necessary. Please advise me of your decision at your earliest convenience.

I will definitely post this sellers name should they choose not to provide acceptable compensation. In the meantime, if anyone is considering purchasing one of these off ebay and would like to know the sellers user name, shoot me a PM :wink:
I will say that it was not mrfandango
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
Boatman76
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 15, 2007 5:04 am

ricv64 wrote:
Boatman76 wrote:I say get it cheap while you can, these prints will not stay that cheap forever.
how many are you selling ?
I'm not selling mine, which i paid a little over current market value for, but it is in EX condition, I'm sorry some our getting shite quality, so do be careful; in the end really I'm just saying that looking at this print in person really helps you understand that it is a classic. classic emek design, excellent printing(not to mention the technical aspect of 13 colors w/ clouds and sky blended) and currently cheap!! Ask ?s of your seller if you go thru the 'bay, be smart but get this poster if you like emek is all I'm saying. I got mine thru this site, like I said a little over mkt but in EX, I'd say the seller but I don't wanna break protocol or anything..

PS---Furthermore the "1000 is too big a run" naysayers are potentially poo-poo'ed 'cause when stacks of hte run get all jacked up it makes the ones that didn't get jacked that much better--ENJOY
AckAlex
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 15, 2007 6:35 am

Maaaaan, i'm sorry to hear of all the damaged copies of this, I picked up mine of the bay too, I guess I should feel lucky that it was still in one piece. It did arrive with a small amount of edge damage, but it'll never show after it's framed.

I hope you all find positive resolutions to the damaged Coachella prints :x
Never squeel on the pusha, don't lie to yo momma, just do as you wanna, it'll be ok
Esther
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 15, 2007 7:42 am

i have to defend mrfandango.. even though he didn't describe the poster very well he did refund me what I asked for without a problem.. he said he didn't want me to be unhappy.. now he WOULDN"T send me a new poster, which is what I really wanted, but whatever..

NOW HE NEVER EMAILED ME BEFORE HE SENT THE PRINT.. I SENT HIM PAYPAL AND HE JUST SENT THE PRINT WITHOUT COMMUNICATION.

So if you haven't heard from him don't freak out.. I never heard from him and I got my print quickly... It WAS in a shitey thin tube with no butchers paper (like he said he would send it) but again, that's why he gave me a partial refund... however I would be worried about the print condition.. a few seem to be spotty.. but because some of his feedback seem to point that some of his posters WERE actually MINT (or the buyers just don't know the difference and left postivive feedback) so you may still luck out...
comical_imbalance
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2007 5:57 am

Mine arrived today, courtesy of ReverendToneZone.
Awesome!
Cheers Tone. :wink:
they-called-him-flipper
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 16, 2007 2:49 pm

:twisted: Hi everybody...this is the evil meanmrfandango....please address any questions, comments, anger to me and I will be glad to answer

PS I have been a member for like 5 years but cannot remember my password or a link to retireve my password
coxgt
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2007 2:55 pm

they-called-him-flipper wrote::twisted: Hi everybody...this is the evil meanmrfandango....please address any questions, comments, anger to me and I will be glad to answer

PS I have been a member for like 5 years but cannot remember my password or a link to retireve my password
Nice screenname, but where's your dolphin avatar? :lol:
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed May 16, 2007 3:00 pm

coxgt wrote:
they-called-him-flipper wrote::twisted: Hi everybody...this is the evil meanmrfandango....please address any questions, comments, anger to me and I will be glad to answer

Nice screenname, but where's your dolphin avatar? :lol:
Yeah, get your fudge straight.
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2007 6:25 pm

comical_imbalance wrote:Mine arrived today, courtesy of ReverendToneZone.
Awesome!
Cheers Tone. :wink:
No problem man! Thank you! :D
hotniks160
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 pm

I just got mine today..took the risk and bought off the bay at a relatively cheap price (75.00) and it is in excellent mint condition. Surprisingly sharp corners, no rumored spots or blemishes that ruined so many of these and it looks stunning.

I love the hidden imagery Emek added in this one like the blended in musicians and concert crowd, music notes in the clouds, and guitar neck's like snakes creeping up towards the tree stump. What a steal of a price in such an incredible poster..

if interested in the auctioner...

http://myworld.ebay.com/meanmrfandango

might as well give him a free advertisement!

how many of these were rumored damaged again?