Phish Long Beach 12 MMM

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cro225
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

mafurman wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
mafurman wrote: You may very well be right, but I have been to about 25 Phish shows over the past two or three years and I would say the print doesn't sell out at the venue more often than not - .
There's been like 6 prints on the Phish site over the past 2-3 years that didn't sell out at the show

Maybe I've missed some...... not many

Where do you think all the copies are going? :lol:
You are definitely off base with this. Just today there were about that many up. I just checked and the Rich Kelly SPAC and the Cuyohoga one are gone now, but were up for a while. Maybe some others. http://drygoods.phish.com/Dept.aspx?cp=773_6266
Phish inc. keeps an allotment of prints and sometimes sell them online. Almost all of the prints that went for sale today were sold out at the shows.
Alpine Valley, Atlantic City and Burgettstown for sure were sold out at the shows. Not certain about the others.
ImageImageImage
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I've missed them - here's what I do know

Bonnaroo- sold out
Pittsburgh- sold out
Alpine sold out

Cinci-cuyahoga-indy - not

This print > all the above that didn't sell out- freaking indy is competing for the worst poster ever!

Since landland busted the bank- folks won't be shy

while I agree it won't be a line buster- it should sell out if its not raining etc.

Good to see the love of phish
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:28 pm

cro225 wrote:Phish inc. keeps an allotment of prints and sometimes sell them online. Almost all of the prints that went for sale today were sold out at the shows.
Alpine Valley, Atlantic City and Burgettstown for sure were sold out at the shows. Not certain about the others.
exactly .... :clap:
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:This print > all the above that didn't sell out- freaking indy is competing for the worst poster ever!
Errrrr, which one? :lol: There's like 5 Phish Deer Creek prints from this year alone
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Really hope it doesn't sell out before I get to the venue. On my way now...
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:32 pm

shagdonk wrote:Really hope it doesn't sell out before I get to the venue. On my way now...
gosh darn it- don't tease me !! phastard! 8)

You'll be fine.... have phun
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm

mafurman wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
mafurman wrote: You may very well be right, but I have been to about 25 Phish shows over the past two or three years and I would say the print doesn't sell out at the venue more often than not - .
There's been like 6 prints on the Phish site over the past 2-3 years that didn't sell out at the show

Maybe I've missed some...... not many

Where do you think all the copies are going? :lol:
You are definitely off base with this. Just today there were about that many up. I just checked and the Rich Kelly SPAC and the Cuyohoga one are gone now, but were up for a while. Maybe some others. http://drygoods.phish.com/Dept.aspx?cp=773_6266

The rich kelly spac didn't arrive at the show until day 2 of 3. So 300 or so copies were held back... that's the only reason why that was the case.
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:37 pm

mafurman wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
mafurman wrote: I doubt it will sell out at the show. .
might be surprised at that statement- very very few don't sell out

Unless that venue is half empty

very different- bravo

and you see this at the top....

Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.

gosh darn.. how I wish I was there!!

You may very well be right, but I have been to about 25 Phish shows over the past two or three years and I would say the print doesn't sell out at the venue more often than not - and I think the image quality is a very small factor in whether or not it does sell out. Pollock and Stout prints obviously sell out early, but most others tend to linger at least until showtime. Maybe West coasters are a little more print savvy - in which case my East coast experience doesn't matter much. With a pretty large one night run of 675, I bet this one makes it through the show, but I would still love to get one locked up.
not sure what your pointing out that the poster did wrong? You can't say "I doubt it will sell out"?
Last edited by attackonthebass on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common sense, is not that common
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm digging the first print, I think it's a great start for the 1st show. Can't say I've seen much of MMM's stuff, but I like this one!
Common sense, is not that common
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 pm

this poster is great.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jester
Art Expert

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:31 am

Sold out at the show....
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:49 am

jester wrote:Sold out at the show....
oh really ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucky ducks
jester
Art Expert

Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:05 am

I really like this poster, it reminds me of that book Where the wild things are.
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
jericho
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:08 pm

jester wrote:I really like this poster, it reminds me of that book Where the wild things are.
...segued into Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Good stuff MMM.
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Very sweet. I've been a big fan of MMM for years. I have lots of his early posters.