Presidential Seal 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
aahnutz
EB Team

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:14 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:so....people really like this one?
Mmmmmm......no. I enjoyed my afternoon while others were sweatin' and bitchin' and wearin' out their F5 keys.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Blackheart
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
I like the black one, but the red not as much. That being said I loved the gold WBN online image, but when the two arrived I liked the Red one much more than the gold. Hopefully my order goes through and I can have the luxury of deciding which to keep with these as well.
I feel the same way about the wbn I guess we will find out next week which is the nicer print
housedog777
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:45 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0101052203

"I do have confirmation that I am receiving the poster..."
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:10 pm

First time trying this e-commerce version of a donnybrook.
Not sure why, but all the hullabaloo got me worked up and I spent 30 minutes trying to get a print that isn't really that hot this time.
Not his best work, by far.
But the person who suggested some of that money go back into website upgrading was right on the mark.
I had both prints in my cart and just could not get the PayPal to go through.
If the print next week is better, I'll be back to give it the "old college try" again.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:14 pm

If you could get it for $35 + shipping its not so bad, especially if you can use it to trade for something else. But I mean at this point, the message of the print isn't anything new. Sure, I get the idea of flipping the presidential seal with a vulture, and to include war images, but to create a poster dissing the war in iraq and the bush adminstration isn't controversial in 2007.

Now if the poster was released 5 years ago, maybe. But back then, the only outspoken critics of the war were the dixie chicks. Those girls still can't sell out shows anymore in the states, which is really too bad.
Last edited by jodeci78 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:15 pm

jodeci78 wrote: Now if the poster was released 5 years ago, maybe. But back then, the only outspoken critics of the war were the dixie chicks. Those girls still can't sell out shows anymore in the states, which is really too bad.
Says who? :lol:
jodeci78
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:
jodeci78 wrote: Now if the poster was released 5 years ago, maybe. But back then, the only outspoken critics of the war were the dixie chicks. Those girls still can't sell out shows anymore in the states, which is really too bad.
says my un-researched and vague memory. I seem to recall people bringing their dixie chicks CD to radio stations and having a truck drive over them.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:23 pm

jodeci78 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
says my un-researched and vague memory. I seem to recall people bringing their dixie chicks CD to radio stations and having a truck drive over them.
No, I'm saying who says it's "too bad" other than you? :wink:
jodeci78
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:28 pm

Codeblue wrote:
jodeci78 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
I know the answer: the dixie chicks!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:45 pm

jodeci78 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
jodeci78 wrote:
Codeblue wrote: Says who? :lol:
I know the answer: the dixie chicks!
Yeah, I'm sure they're really strapped for cash because of it.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:29 pm

seriously though, the dixie chicks have an entorouge of a lot of people. They support a lot of families. There is 1 or 2 nannies for the kids, the stylist, publicist, makeup, agent, etc... They need our support!
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:46 pm

jodeci78 wrote:seriously though, the dixie chicks have an entorouge of a lot of people. They support a lot of families. There is 1 or 2 nannies for the kids, the stylist, publicist, makeup, agent, etc... They need our support!
They need an entourage to carry their huge balls.
Brave women are the fudge.
username
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:24 pm

the Dixie Chicks rule the wasteland.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:38 am

Weren't the Dixie Chicks once semi-attractive? What happened?
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:52 am

Codeblue wrote:Weren't the Dixie Chicks once semi-attractive? What happened?
Yeah, if you like fat hicks... I guess we all have different standards, and when you are a giant turd, you have to lower them!