Pearl Jam Stockholm 12 EMEK / Mouse

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
geezer
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Never bought from 10c. What are the chances of no damage to poster?
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:51 pm

geezer wrote:Never bought from 10c. What are the chances of no damage to poster?
Should be fine. Never had a problem.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
geezer
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Thank you, appreciate the info.
dirtyfrank

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:17 pm

geezer wrote:Thank you, appreciate the info.
Are u a member? If not I think this sale is 10C only.
partpat
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:21 pm

dirtyfrank wrote:
geezer wrote:Thank you, appreciate the info.
Are u a member? If not I think this sale is 10C only.
10C only
FroDawg
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:29 pm

TNspreadhead wrote:
canuck wrote:
TNspreadhead wrote:
olly12 wrote:Is it strange that there is very little action on the eBay front?
no flipper is going to list these when all emek has to do is report vero rights for using his jpeg (copyright infrigement) and obtains the persons name/info and sees if it matches their paypal then BOOM

flipper refunded :pint:
Isn't it only copyright infringement if someone copyrights something?? Either way Emek quit being a drymounting hypocrite and get over flipping already.

P.s I still love you Emek :heart:
I had a non sold out print from obey pulled due to using a jpeg from faireys site over Vero rights. I was told if the jpeg is posted by them it is considered copyright material...it's a weird thing but that's how it is viewed or argued by artists. simple fix, im not lazy anymore and take about 5 pics of something if i choose to sell it

EDIT - i have also not attempted to buy another fairey print since, and have no desire if they have that attitude but to each their own
FWIW, it is copyrighted to EMEK because it is a copy of his work. Artists do not have to apply for copyright on each piece of art. Upon completion of the work, the art (or book for an author, etc.) or facsimile thereof is owned solely by the artist of the work with an enforceable copyright which they can choose to enforce. Oh, and the copyright remains with the artist's heirs for 70 years AFTER the artist's death; so the flippers will have to wait for awhile before they can legally use it. (Mrs. FD is an artist so I've learned these things through the years!) Fun fact for the day kids...
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:40 pm

geezer wrote:Never bought from 10c. What are the chances of no damage to poster?

I have had a few damaged but that is probably by design.
let's all smile together.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Nice!
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
mpimp77
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Picked up the 10C edition...I think the poster is Okay, nothing to hate on.

Far worse posters have received more acclaim. I would love to see the majority of the haters out there produce a poster that is a fraction as good as the worst poster Emek or Mouse have ever concocted.
God loves Pearl Jam
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:50 pm

FroDawg wrote:FWIW, it is copyrighted to EMEK because it is a copy of his work. Artists do not have to apply for copyright on each piece of art. Upon completion of the work, the art (or book for an author, etc.) or facsimile thereof is owned solely by the artist of the work with an enforceable copyright which they can choose to enforce. Oh, and the copyright remains with the artist's heirs for 70 years AFTER the artist's death; so the flippers will have to wait for awhile before they can legally use it. (Mrs. FD is an artist so I've learned these things through the years!) Fun fact for the day kids...
Thanks for the info FroDawg! Nice to know I have always wondered...
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 pm

FroDawg wrote: FWIW, it is copyrighted to EMEK because it is a copy of his work. Artists do not have to apply for copyright on each piece of art. Upon completion of the work, the art (or book for an author, etc.) or facsimile thereof is owned solely by the artist of the work with an enforceable copyright which they can choose to enforce. Oh, and the copyright remains with the artist's heirs for 70 years AFTER the artist's death; so the flippers will have to wait for awhile before they can legally use it. (Mrs. FD is an artist so I've learned these things through the years!) Fun fact for the day kids...

so wouldn't a picture of the print also be a facsimile??

so they could take down every auction?
danklax5
Art Expert

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Anyone receive Shipping Confirmation yet?
Image T.K.C.
geezer
Art Expert

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Yes, same day as the order.
mrdj2u
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:09 pm

First, I feel pretty lucky to get one of these posters for my collection. Even so, right out of the box, I agreed with many of you that it did not seem to "grab me" the way I like to be grabbed with a new release. Here's the ting...I've been looking at it for 24 hours as it flattens out on my floor and it is really growing on me. This is a fine piece. Out of a few boxes for sure, but it's solid. Of special note to me. The matte finish is something that really adds a unique layer to the print.
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:19 pm

got the artist edition today, nice big mouse sig with character

no handbill from emek though :(