Pearl Jam Belgium 12 Stout Soto

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:26 am

:clap:

on a side note, does anybody else like that show "american pickers"?........I find that show completely fascinating.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Appreciate the commentary, thanks for stopping by bk!
jojobadass wrote: on a side note, does anybody else like that show "american pickers"?........I find that show completely fascinating.
Love the show. They occasionally run into old movie or war posters.

Between that and BBQ Pitmasters, I think I'm becoming a full on red-stater.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
rovingambler
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:27 pm

jojobadass wrote::clap:

on a side note, does anybody else like that show "american pickers"?........I find that show completely fascinating.

I dig that show...i keep envisioning the day when they "pick" a collector's poster collection.

btw...there's nothing cooler than getting an artist's view on this business 8)
dmb8506
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:24 pm

well said bk. you're the man!!!! :notworthy:
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 pm

anyone know what the show editions were going for @ the show?

Also, did each artist collaborate on both sides or is one side stout, and the other the other guy?

sorry, haven't read through all the pages
Common sense, is not that common
felocin
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 pm

totally agree with BK and the others in that conversation.

Picked up a secondary today off the bay. I am actually surprised that these are going for as low as they are. I think this print will be highly sought after in the long run but with all the buzz around it I expected the normal bubble in the beginning but it doesn't seem to be there. Not yet at least. Doesn't really matter, unless a trade deal comes up that I can't say not to (not likely) this print isn't going anywhere but on my wall.

stoked.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:21 pm

I agree with bk on this as well

pricing collectors out in an attempt to price out flippers or make a bit more in the short term is bad for the long term
mmmm Beer :pint:
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 pm

:rock:
jojobadass wrote::clap:

imcoolerthanu50
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Anyone get one of these in the mail yet?
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 pm

imcoolerthanu50 wrote:Anyone get one of these in the mail yet?
Mine showed up in the mail this morning, but I'm based in SoCal and it didn't have to go very far.
T.H.C.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 pm

imcoolerthanu50 wrote:Anyone get one of these in the mail yet?
Expected Delivery By:
July 18, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™
imcoolerthanu50
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Just curious cuz I got a tracking number on the 14th but it only says electronic Shipping info received. I figured after 3 days it'd have least been picked up.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 pm

imcoolerthanu50 wrote:Just curious cuz I got a tracking number on the 14th but it only says electronic Shipping info received. I figured after 3 days it'd have least been picked up.
Mine had no updates beyond that as of last night, then showed up this morning. Seems to be pretty common with usps.
T.H.C.
imcoolerthanu50
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
imcoolerthanu50 wrote:Just curious cuz I got a tracking number on the 14th but it only says electronic Shipping info received. I figured after 3 days it'd have least been picked up.
Mine had no updates beyond that as of last night, then showed up this morning. Seems to be pretty common with usps.
Yea USPS sucks. My mailman won't even leave delivery notices in my box anymore. If I don't have tracking I just have to guess when to pick it up at the office at my complex. :hanging:
jeffsoto
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 pm

About half of mine went out yesterday, and the other half is packed up and will be dropped off tomorrow. I don't know about Tyler's.

The pricing was never intended to price out the flippers. I actually never think about flippers and never check eBay (I used to but it got depressing). We felt $100 was good for this particular print, and with the quickness these sold, I think people felt it was a fair price. I think with posters, the market is going to dictate price, especially when there's hype and demand. I have no doubts now that we would have sold them all at $125 just as easily. The McFarlane/Maxx would have sold out at $150-175 easily. Do we artists have a moral obligation to price all prints the same, or keep prices cheap on everything? I don't think so. If we sold this one for $50 it'd be ridiculously underpriced and we'd be missing out on money we use to pay our bills and feed our families. PJ makes a huge profit on our prints, I believe the artist should be rewarded as well. I don't think we are greedy, just realistic.

Side note... I heard it through the grapevine that some of the band thinks this is one of the greatest PJ posters ever... I credit Stout with the badass idea!