Pearl Jam Belgium 12 Stout Soto

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 am

well duh....
mmmm Beer :pint:
demetrios
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:31 am

yesterday wrote:This is easily worth $100. Only question is whether Stout will sell his via lottery - I have to imagine that there are more than 100 people that would like one of these. We'll see...but I'm happy Soto is selling his directly rather than using a lotto.
I heard these didn't sell out @ the show so hopefully 10club will be selling copies after the tour is over @ $30 bucks (not signed or numbered though). Will try my luck on Soto's sale which is close to my birthday but for Stouts lottery sales, I've never won once & I've tried every time for over a year now ? since receiving his newsletters on these lotteries. D'oh!
FroDawg wrote:The "how do I frame this?" from the PJ thread will be the burning question for the lucky buyers!
If only these guy's made one bigger? http://hindsightframes.com/includes/pictures.php
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 am

LOve it. One of my favorite posters of all time.
vedder76
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:24 am

I fell in love with Jeffs work when I first seen his Arras, France Pearl Jam print. That poster is awesome. The colors realy pop on the poster. It is one of my favorite posters EVER.

I was lucky enough to meet Jeff at Vedders Long Beach show. I must of talked his ear off for a hour.
He is not obly a great artist but a even better guy.

This new poster is so great. I cant wait to frame it right next to my PJ Firehouse poster.

I think $100 is more than fair for this poster. Just think how crazy the flipping price will be. Thank God the artist dont just take all 200 to ebay :shock: Ill never understand how people think flipping is a crapy way to do busness. To make money off a artists talent is shameful. Nevermind taking from a true fan and making them pay inflated prices.

Wow, sorry dont know where the last part came from. I must be over tired.

Any way great job Soto.
jojobadass
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

When you can buy vintage PJ a/p's from 2000 and 2003 for the same price......I don't see how you can justify a new release for the same amount.

And I don't think chuck or emek are doing themselves any favors either. They're essentially mortgaging their future as they are pricing out the entire next generation of fans/poster collectors. Like I said, this isn't a stout/soto issue.....this is a serious problem across the entire industry.

FroDawg wrote:$100 is very justifiable for this piece of art. Chuck, EMEK, et al have gone to and over a c-note regularly.

Great work Jeff and Tyler!

The "how do I frame this?" from the PJ thread will be the burning question for the lucky buyers!
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
rovingambler
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:33 am

Speaking as a collector...the gig art's movement towards foil and varient editions, imho, is contributing to it's demise...same as baseball cards...if you're looking for a skewed example.

I prefer artists get full price for their work, whether $100 or $200, then a flipper getting it.

but i've digressed...this Soto/Stout print is "off the charts"!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 am

Stout's work on gig poster blows his movie fudge right outta the water IMO, never have been a big fan of his style but this may be a purchase for me.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:04 am

Kramerica wrote:Stout's work on gig poster blows his movie fudge right outta the water IMO.
...for real.
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm

When show poster prices start going north of $50, the dynamics change in a way I don't like, because it eliminates a sizable portion of the audience it should be targeted at, IMHO.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:06 pm

jojobadass wrote:When you can buy vintage PJ a/p's from 2000 and 2003 for the same price......I don't see how you can justify a new release for the same amount.

And I don't think chuck or emek are doing themselves any favors either. They're essentially mortgaging their future as they are pricing out the entire next generation of fans/poster collectors. Like I said, this isn't a stout/soto issue.....this is a serious problem across the entire industry.
The sky is falling!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Completely understand your points JoJo and Rick, and from a personal/collector perspective I wish the prices were lower, but from a market perspective it is the same as all other products in a free market. Limited supply for items perceived as high value typically results in higher prices. Demand (even when fueled by impulse and emotion) ultimately steers pricing. Over time inflation plays a part but probably not as quickly in our game. Value, especially in the long term, is another thing altogether and if you're collecting to increase your net worth, you have to have a far more experienced eye that I (like the two of you), some luck and a fair amount of petty cash. If the value drops the second it is rolled, shipped and/or received you can enjoy it for the art that it is (purportedly like you would the vehicle driven off the lot). If it turns out to be a BG105, the car analogy falls apart!!! Offered IMHO as well...

Happy 4th everyone. Fun to get to debate issues without fear of reprisal. (I don't think I have to have that fear any way!).
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Fear the reaper, Fro; not the collector or flipper or blogger 8)
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:02 pm

rovingambler wrote:Speaking as a collector...the gig art's movement towards foil and varient editions, imho, is contributing to it's demise...same as baseball cards...if you're looking for a skewed example.

I prefer artists get full price for their work, whether $100 or $200, then a flipper getting it.

but i've digressed...this Soto/Stout print is "off the charts"!
there is no movement towards variants..... folks been making them for years and it is actually not as bad now as it was 07 or 08
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:07 pm

jojobadass wrote: And I don't think chuck or emek are doing themselves any favors either. They're essentially mortgaging their future as they are pricing out the entire next generation of fans/poster collectors. Like I said, this isn't a stout/soto issue.....this is a serious problem across the entire industry.
Emek is a prime example, as well as McCarthy...whose price stayed the same but runs grew exponentially

and the argument that artist should charge more to curb the flipper does more harm then good

Like him and his work or not, Fairey seems to have the right idea.....$45 prints
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
jojobadass wrote: And I don't think chuck or emek are doing themselves any favors either. They're essentially mortgaging their future as they are pricing out the entire next generation of fans/poster collectors. Like I said, this isn't a stout/soto issue.....this is a serious problem across the entire industry.
Emek is a prime example, as well as McCarthy...whose price stayed the same but runs grew exponentially

and the argument that artist should charge more to curb the flipper does more harm then good

Like him and his work or not, Fairey seems to have the right idea.....$45 prints
True, but his runs have gone from 100 to 450.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19