Phish Noblesville 12 Brosmind

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
flashphishin
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:33 pm

bmerel wrote:
Aphex139 wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:meh
Agreed. Glad I'm not going tonight!
weak poster = amazing show? i'll be there. PM me if you're around and wanna noodle.

..dont get me wrong, i appreciate the artistry but this just isn't for me. I'm a huge fan of Brosmind's work. Just really don't see this ever going on my wall.
Good call. Twas an amazing show. Wish I was there. Last year charlotte had a methane studios gas pump high run of 1050 I believe, and ended up being a really really great show. Phish shows are getting better and better. The poster is just icing on the cake for most shows (or in this case the corn on the cob), a simple added bonus if you will. Not a big fan of the poster, but it fits. As for Brosmind, its ok. But even doing a little more something creative like last years ticket stub design would have been better. Anyway, congrats to those who were there, you really got you moneys worth plus some for that set.

FWIW, poster or no poster, sober or non sober..... I would NEVER say Glad I'm not going tonight. It's all about the music for me. Always has been.

Oh well. I only get 1 or 2 shows a year now (local). This year its 1. C'mon Pollock Charlotte 2012!!
Limited Paper Mayne
thebends9 wrote:You fruitcakes need thicker skin.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:37 pm

flashphishin wrote: FWIW, poster or no poster, sober or non sober..... I would NEVER say Glad I'm not going tonight. It's all about the music for me. Always has been.
truth
Aphex139
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:40 pm

flashphishin wrote:
bmerel wrote:
Aphex139 wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:meh
Agreed. Glad I'm not going tonight!
weak poster = amazing show? i'll be there. PM me if you're around and wanna noodle.

..dont get me wrong, i appreciate the artistry but this just isn't for me. I'm a huge fan of Brosmind's work. Just really don't see this ever going on my wall.
Good call. Twas an amazing show. Wish I was there. Last year charlotte had a methane studios gas pump high run of 1050 I believe, and ended up being a really really great show. Phish shows are getting better and better. The poster is just icing on the cake for most shows (or in this case the corn on the cob), a simple added bonus if you will. Not a big fan of the poster, but it fits. As for Brosmind, its ok. But even doing a little more something creative like last years ticket stub design would have been better. Anyway, congrats to those who were there, you really got you moneys worth plus some for that set.

FWIW, poster or no poster, sober or non sober..... I would NEVER say Glad I'm not going tonight. It's all about the music for me. Always has been.

Oh well. I only get 1 or 2 shows a year now (local). This year its 1. C'mon Pollock Charlotte 2012!!
That comment was simply in reference to my OCD desire to have every poster from every show I attend. I felt like a Sucka MC paying $50 for the Nate Duval Mansfield lumber-mule poster last year, but then just picked one up last month for $30 on the secondary market for my buddy that came with me... Live and learn. :pint:
ImageImageImageImage
flashphishin
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:06 pm

^ Understand totally Aphex
I am OCD. I do have a poster from all of my phish shows that had one (minus Reynolds Coliseum 99 & 3/1/03 Greensboro b/c they didn't). And I hang them all (yep even the gas pump), but FWIW I love walking up/down my gig poster stairwell hall to the room it leads to. And usually stare at each image and take myself back to that night/nights, friends jams and all.....then just smile and move on to the next one. Bliss at its best.
Limited Paper Mayne
thebends9 wrote:You fruitcakes need thicker skin.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 am

^ :clap:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:42 am

Night 2 > night 1

CRAZY Deercreek weather as usual - at least the area got some rain

While this poster is no meatstik, the duval donkey still ices the poo poster cake.

Good morning alpine! This poster is similar to another one ! Iugh!!!
automator
Nobody

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:42 pm

New image Phish Noblesville 12 Brosmind

automator
Nobody

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:42 pm

numbering

automator
Nobody

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:45 pm

They should informally name this one the 800 faces of corn 8)

I can't figure out why all the hate.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
elitt
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:05 pm

I've been collecting since 92 and I think this is a fine print. Just like shows, you have to take it in context of the band's space in time, where they are...where the posters have been.

I am all for a whimsical one-off (it's corn people...in indiana) as long as it pleases the eye. The green and font were chosen well. This will go on my nieces wall. It's perfect for a kid.

e
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:50 pm

robertstjohn wrote:The 28th was probably the only concert I could have gone to this summer
glad I didn't :(

?? your glad you didn't go to the show because the print sucked? WOW!
Common sense, is not that common
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:00 pm

I wish Brosmind just used last years Mail order stubs and made a 18 x 24" print. I seriously thought this print was a joke.

I agree with whoever else said that this would be a cool album cover, or book cover. But as a print, it kinda falls flat.
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm

however, whomever picked this whole run on prints picked a bunch of garbage IMO. I know they changed up the typical, stout, welker, pollock thing but I really wasn't impressed with any of this leg's prints. Drew's print is growing on me, but besides that, I really didn't see any prints that were anything that I would frame and hang on my wall.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Drews print is the best but the color scheme blows