The Thing 12 Struzan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Looks wayyy better than that blurry one with barely any glow, no regrets.

There is a GID on the bay @ $600 with no bids, ending in 30 mins eBay 251092390451
Last edited by Kramerica on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Much better GID pic, thanks thisisjosh.

Would understand people liking and gunning for the GID ... still not doing it for me. I'll be content with the regular.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:25 pm

Yeah, the image itself is amazing so that's what matters. Looks great screenprinted too, nice transfer.
SerpentSociety
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:26 pm

thisisjosh wrote:There was so much disappointment in not being able to get one of these that it's understandable for there to be a certain amount of hate thrown its way. But the GID is pretty cool looking. No one has put up a properly lit picture of The Thing glowing. Billy did this one yesterday and just threw it up. All I did was brighten it. Believe me, I get the price concerns, but this is gonna look great on a wall.

Thanks for the picture. This looks a lot more impressive with the proper lighting.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:11 pm

SerpentSociety wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:There was so much disappointment in not being able to get one of these that it's understandable for there to be a certain amount of hate thrown its way. But the GID is pretty cool looking. No one has put up a properly lit picture of The Thing glowing. Billy did this one yesterday and just threw it up. All I did was brighten it. Believe me, I get the price concerns, but this is gonna look great on a wall.

Thanks for the picture. This looks a lot more impressive with the proper lighting.
Really enjoy the splatter effect. Fits the movie well IMO.
Image Image
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Still not impressive enough to make me pay more for the GID.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:59 pm

harrykeogh wrote:Still not impressive enough to make me pay more for the GID.
People are strange. The variant Ansin Phantom of the Opera would probably fetch $500, maybe even closer to $1,000, more than the regular and that's the same image, just with metallics. People like shiny and glowy things. :lol:
Image Image
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:00 pm

The regular looks just as great minus the glow element.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 pm

dsanacore wrote:
harrykeogh wrote:Still not impressive enough to make me pay more for the GID.
People are strange. The variant Ansin Phantom of the Opera would probably fetch $500, maybe even closer to $1,000, more than the regular and that's the same image, just with metallics. People like shiny and glowy things. :lol:
It depends for me. I dig GID, but it depends on the colorway more. Had both Stout Big Troubles back in the day, and I don't care what anyone says, the regular colorway stomps a mudhole in the variants butt, GID or not.

The Struzan regular looks great with a black light. I will be content. Once I get one of course.
ejg904
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 pm

thisisjosh wrote:The regular looks just as great minus the glow element.
probably because that's the only thing differentiating the regular from the variant
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:12 pm

ejg904 wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:The regular looks just as great minus the glow element.
probably because that's the only thing differentiating the regular from the variant
Yes exactly. Just a question of whether someone prefers variants or not.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 pm

harrykeogh wrote: It depends for me. I dig GID, but it depends on the colorway more. Had both Stout Big Troubles back in the day, and I don't care what anyone says, the regular colorway stomps a mudhole in the variants butt, GID or not.
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Colors on 'The Bride' swung that for me as well....

Colorway>Metallics>GID
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Just dropped mine off at Peacedog's. He's got the perfect frame design picked out for it. Definitely a piece for the living room.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Just dropped mine off at Peacedog's. He's got the perfect frame design picked out for it. Definitely a piece for the living room.
AWESOME. Cannot wait to see that.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi: