Isis Minneapolis 07 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 01, 2007 5:51 pm

pjtaper wrote:and now there is hail!
my girlfriend just called freaking out on her way here...
can we get a voltron formation maybe?
You just can't not be annoying can you? :lol:
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Tue May 01, 2007 7:06 pm

holy god we need a deathmatch thread up in hurrah
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue May 01, 2007 7:12 pm

Blake,

Obviously you are still pining for the chocolate Melvins print. I PMed you and said that I would trade you for your orange OTA. Which to me seems like a pretty fair trade; one extremely limited edition Horkey variant for another. And to me it would seem to be a win/win b/c you said yourself the Melvins is your favorite print Burlesque has done and OTA was mine (up until the Converge/Japan).

Truth be told, and you may hate me for saying this but the main reason I wanted the Melvins full set was b/c I wanted something that would be a "worthy" trade for the orange OTA.

Which is why when you had PMed me previously w/ possible trades or cash offers for the Melvins print I hadn't replied to them all b/c I never actually posted the print for sale or trade.

I had just made a trade offer on the original web version of the OTA print (before there was ever even a picture posted to confirm the existance of the orange print) that I would trade my chocolate Melvins or my wood Black Osprey for the Orange OTA.

The reason I didn't actually list the chocolate Melvins for sale/trade is because I didn't want to be flooded w/ cash or trade offers because I wasn't looking to sell and there was only ONE poster I was interested in trading for. So, when I didn't reply to all your messages, I wasn't trying to be rude but at the time I felt it would have been redundant to have explained as much.

But I know the thought process that might lead someone to go on such a wild goose chase b/c I had been trying to track down someone that was willing to trade for the orange OTA for the past year. So, if you are intrested send me a PM and if you see something else in my collection that you are really interested in, let me know and we might be able to work out a larger trade. Cheers,

-Matt
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue May 01, 2007 8:38 pm

decker3984 wrote:Blake,

Obviously you are still pining for the chocolate Melvins print. I PMed you and said that I would trade you for your orange OTA. Which to me seems like a pretty fair trade; one extremely limited edition Horkey variant for another. And to me it would seem to be a win/win b/c you said yourself the Melvins is your favorite print Burlesque has done and OTA was mine (up until the Converge/Japan).

Truth be told, and you may hate me for saying this but the main reason I wanted the Melvins full set was b/c I wanted something that would be a "worthy" trade for the orange OTA.

Which is why when you had PMed me previously w/ possible trades or cash offers for the Melvins print I hadn't replied to them all b/c I never actually posted the print for sale or trade.

I had just made a trade offer on the original web version of the OTA print (before there was ever even a picture posted to confirm the existance of the orange print) that I would trade my chocolate Melvins or my wood Black Osprey for the Orange OTA.

The reason I didn't actually list the chocolate Melvins for sale/trade is because I didn't want to be flooded w/ cash or trade offers because I wasn't looking to sell and there was only ONE poster I was interested in trading for. So, when I didn't reply to all your messages, I wasn't trying to be rude but at the time I felt it would have been redundant to have explained as much.

But I know the thought process that might lead someone to go on such a wild goose chase b/c I had been trying to track down someone that was willing to trade for the orange OTA for the past year. So, if you are intrested send me a PM and if you see something else in my collection that you are really interested in, let me know and we might be able to work out a larger trade. Cheers,

-Matt
I haven't replied since I was still debating the offer, but really I think the answer is a no.

Not really looking for one anymore, especially if I have to trade the orange OTA which I already have plans to frame (I have the red framed already and I'm waiting to graduate and get some cash from working this summer to pay for the black and orange to get framed the same style)

This began with me just pointing out who shithead (the highest bidder on the isis print) is, and how he bids multiple times instead of using proxy bidding or waiting till the end, a subject which someone else had already brought up. Not talking trash on people who bid this way, you can bid however you want, but it isn't really a smart way of bidding which others agree on. This wasn't brought up cause i was looking for a brown melvins, I'm happy with the pink and blue, I've got my OTA trio to frame up now, i wouldnt pick up a brown melvins unless it was extremely well priced and/or i was able to trade stuff i didnt want anymore. Chances are I will just frame the blue version of the print and sell/trade the pink, 40x26" takes up a lot of wall space, three of them together can take over a wall pretty easy.

also my favorite print is OTA, not the melvins print. I prefer art prints over band prints, and I also prefer the OTA artwork
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2007 1:28 am

Right on. Well should you have a change of heart the offer is on the table. By the way, so how did you frame the sub/fs version? I put mind in a 2 & 1/2 in. dark maroon frame that has a burl/mahogany finish. And it actually turned out pretty damn well.

But the best part was I found the frame (the exact size I needed 40x20) on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby for 80% off, so the whole framing job for a wooden frame that large, was only $45 bucks before tax b/c my friend who worked there didn't charge glass, assembly or backing . . . pretty sweet deal and probably my greatest framing sucess story.

and not to tell anyone how to do anything b/c it is your money, your prints and your investment but I am just going to say what my friend who has been framing for 8 yrs told me when I started this whole hobby/obsession. basically, what he told me is that you should pick a frame that is best for the artwork not necesarily where you are going to be hanging it or what you are going to be hanging it next to b/c you could move; and suddenly different walls > different set-up and that fudge can change in the blink of an eye.

and in my opion those 3 prints even though they are the same artwork are so drastically different as far as the color schemes, i would have a hard time imagining 1 frame that best suited all 3 prints... but that is just my 2 cents.

but you are definitely right about the Melvins prints taking up a shiteload of wall space. that is the main reason i haven't framed any of them b/c I don't know where I would have the wall space 1 and 2 it is going to be expensive as hell putting a custom frame on any one of them. unless, you went metal.

well, i appreciate you getting back to me. sorry to everyone else that this dialog ended up in the forum not PMs . . . don't hate me, I'm new and this only the 3rd time I have posted.

and Blake, you had thrown it out there as a possible trade for the chocolate Melvins so i don't know if it was a 'under those circumstances only' sort of thing but if you are looking to unload your Converge 04, I would definitely be interested in taking that off your hands. just figured i would throw that out there.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed May 02, 2007 1:30 am

This thread is turning into War and Peace, at least in terms of length.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Wed May 02, 2007 2:23 am

decker3984 wrote:Right on. Well should you have a change of heart the offer is on the table. By the way, so how did you frame the sub/fs version? I put mind in a 2 & 1/2 in. dark maroon frame that has a burl/mahogany finish. And it actually turned out pretty damn well.

But the best part was I found the frame (the exact size I needed 40x20) on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby for 80% off, so the whole framing job for a wooden frame that large, was only $45 bucks before tax b/c my friend who worked there didn't charge glass, assembly or backing . . . pretty sweet deal and probably my greatest framing sucess story.

and not to tell anyone how to do anything b/c it is your money, your prints and your investment but I am just going to say what my friend who has been framing for 8 yrs told me when I started this whole hobby/obsession. basically, what he told me is that you should pick a frame that is best for the artwork not necesarily where you are going to be hanging it or what you are going to be hanging it next to b/c you could move; and suddenly different walls > different set-up and that fudge can change in the blink of an eye.

and in my opion those 3 prints even though they are the same artwork are so drastically different as far as the color schemes, i would have a hard time imagining 1 frame that best suited all 3 prints... but that is just my 2 cents.

but you are definitely right about the Melvins prints taking up a shiteload of wall space. that is the main reason i haven't framed any of them b/c I don't know where I would have the wall space 1 and 2 it is going to be expensive as hell putting a custom frame on any one of them. unless, you went metal.

well, i appreciate you getting back to me. sorry to everyone else that this dialog ended up in the forum not PMs . . . don't hate me, I'm new and this only the 3rd time I have posted.

and Blake, you had thrown it out there as a possible trade for the chocolate Melvins so i don't know if it was a 'under those circumstances only' sort of thing but if you are looking to unload your Converge 04, I would definitely be interested in taking that off your hands. just figured i would throw that out there.
for framing the OTA prints I went with no mat and a plain black wood 2" width frame. Youre right about getting an awesome colored frame that compliments a print really well, but if you change the print color, it can completely backfire and not work at all. Thus I went with the plain black wood, so I could use the same color frame for all color prints. Its not fancy at all, but I think it keeps you focused on the artwork. For prints That I'll be framing by themselves I pick fancier more colorful frames.

Trading the 04 Horkey would be hard, I know its not worth as much as brown melvins, but It was my first Horkey silkscreen, and my first high quality silkscreen (I had collected cheap show posters for years, but never nice stuff that was considered art, just stuff you wouldn't mind tacking to the wall). I bought it off ebay couple years back just browsing for converge stuff, I had no idea who Aaron Horkey was and I won the print for under $20 shipped. Guess he wasnt very recognized in 2004/2005. only a couple years later did I find out who Aaron Horkey was.

funny thing is I remember thinking to myself, why the hell did i just spend $20 on a poster??
decker3984
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2007 2:57 am

Codeblue wrote:This thread is turning into War and Peace, at least in terms of length.
At least it is not 156 pages about a flying whale in Amsterdam.
decker3984
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2007 3:01 am

"I bought it off ebay couple years back just browsing for converge stuff, I had no idea who Aaron Horkey was and I won the print for under $20 shipped."
Nice grab.
funny thing is I remember thinking to myself, why the hell did i just spend $20 on a poster??
Somehow, I don't imagine you still find yourself asking the same question.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2007 4:49 am

Can you guys duke it out over PM's? I don't really care about
this unless A) I get a free poster from reading it or B) someone gets hit with a pie in the face.

Only laughably immature fighting is good to read on these boards.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 03, 2007 10:37 am

decker3984 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:This thread is turning into War and Peace, at least in terms of length.
At least it is not 156 pages about a flying whale in Amsterdam.
True :lol:
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2007 10:53 am

I really like Wes
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Thu May 03, 2007 11:17 am

I agree with ChefFerrari.
Mapman
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2007 11:45 am

Back on subject, anyone know how many BoNA will have of these to sell, also will it only be the red version, or will the white one be available as well?
laraburlesque
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 03, 2007 12:05 pm

We have a much larger run of the red than white.
But we may be selling them in sets for those of you out there pining for the white one. I will be announcing the sale tomorrow with all the details.

Lara