Isis Minneapolis 07 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:21 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
iratasan wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:why are you dumbasses bidding now, just put your bid in the last minute.
that was exactly my point.
I felt the need to expand on it
ah, ok. i just misinterpreted your intention. sorry.
kyle
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:22 pm

ok, my name is being thrown around so lets set things straight fellas.

first of all-
iratasan wrote:
steraser wrote:I hope no one bidding that up was talking about amateur hour at burlesque :!:
lol. you nailed it, man. :D
it's good to joke around, this is all for fun anyway.

but lets get it right. ebeans is a great place and i won't allow false excrement to be shoveled my way for giggles. i complained about missing out on a sale last week like a whiny drymounter. i never called anyone an amateur, i never ever said anything negative about lara personally, you may be referring to todays sale and fits. last week i did refer to the squadron of awesomeness as a clusterfuck. i was not original or audacious enough to coin BoNA a clusterfuck all on my own. i was being a total sponge after a founding member of the squadron called it a clusterfuck. thats what i get for taking something said between two people in private and then using the term as a total outsider on a message board.

i know how much time is left on the auction.
isis and horkey coming together as a piece of art is priceless to me.
and from what i gather, this white version is going to be hard to get.
hence the high early bidding, hopefully scaring away most sane people.

i think u guys are just pissed to see it instantly go into the ridiculous zone, because of course you would have liked to bid yourselves. its a great rare print and u should expect intense bidding from passionate fans.

to clarify, i am not the brat that won some melvins stuff. blake knows that, but it wasn't totally clear from his post that he was talking about someone else.

and yes, i am a dumbass.

i would have to be to sit here and type this.

but i like the community and want to defend myself when i hear my name implicated in a shitty way.

i love burlesque, their prints are awesome, aaron is the best, wes is the man, & lara is doing a great job dealing with the ebeans.

cheers gentlemen.

:cheers:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:00 pm

kyle wrote:
to clarify, i am not the brat that won some melvins stuff. blake knows that, but it wasn't totally clear from his post that he was talking about someone else.

and yes, i am a dumbass.
well i said high bidder, which i thought cleared your name, and in case that changes i have no problem saying who (hatred of huds). not trash talking you on the bidding, just saying if you want it cheaper, dont bid till the end. proxy bidding only works if everyone uses it, however not everyone does, as proven by this isis auction. If you want to try scare people away with high prices i'll accept that as a worthy game plan, although end of the day highest price wins. You just have a few people who dont know what their highest price is and will bid 10 times, thus you can score it cheaper waiting till the last second.

As for wanting the white version, i was out of the game when the auction broke into triple digits. I'll settle for a red version and try my luck for the whitewash. The white is definetly my favorite, thats one horkey I can look at and say I want that framed ASAP on the wall whereas I have tons of other horkey prints in the flatfiles waiting to be framed, and some that im pretty sure aren't going to get framed.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:05 pm

in a way i'm glad it went up so fast. i was gonna go up to around $150 so now I can go ahead and spend that money on something else. :D
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:31 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:in a way i'm glad it went up so fast. i was gonna go up to around $150 so now I can go ahead and spend that money on something else. :D
I can beat that, I was going to spend $100 that I don't even have!

thank goodness i'm starting a new job come June. Hopefully i actually graduate so i can cover all the prints I've bought with student loan money.
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Tue May 01, 2007 12:01 am

hes the brat who won one of the 5 melvins poster sets by sending a direct paypal payment to burlesque instead of using the webstore then later PMed people to rub it in their face.

He usually bids high dollar on ebay stuff, with multiple bids. I've bid on a bunch of other things and hes bid higher, for example a Baroness LP last week that went like $70 on ebay

Actually I just PM'd you after that because you whined so much on the message board......and I actually felt pretty bad afterwards because it was painfully obvious how bad you wanted that poster..... I guess its still a painful memory for you if your bringing it up on this message board after all this time. I'm sorry again, man.

Didn't realize you were bidding on the 1st Baroness. That album is worth more than 71 bucks to me. You DO have good taste in music i guess! There's like 4 copies of it right now on e-bay, and it's out of print right now...........trash talking on a message board for what's supposed to be your hobby is about the most pointless thing I can think of.

As for the poster on e-bay......im not donald trump here. If someone wants it more than me then just bid more money. I promise I won't cry If I don't win it.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 am

hatredofhuds wrote:
hes the brat who won one of the 5 melvins poster sets by sending a direct paypal payment to burlesque instead of using the webstore then later PMed people to rub it in their face.

He usually bids high dollar on ebay stuff, with multiple bids. I've bid on a bunch of other things and hes bid higher, for example a Baroness LP last week that went like $70 on ebay

Actually I just PM'd you after that because you whined so much on the message board......and I actually felt pretty bad afterwards because it was painfully obvious how bad you wanted that poster..... I guess its still a painful memory for you if your bringing it up on this message board after all this time. I'm sorry again, man.

Didn't realize you were bidding on the 1st Baroness. That album is worth more than 71 bucks to me. You DO have good taste in music i guess! There's like 4 copies of it right now on e-bay, and it's out of print right now...........trash talking on a message board for what's supposed to be your hobby is about the most pointless thing I can think of.

As for the poster on e-bay......im not donald trump here. If someone wants it more than me then just bid more money. I promise I won't cry If I don't win it.
could you stretch the truth more? you say, "I whined so much", there was one, yes 1, post with regards to you. And all I said was that I was bummed that someone got one by bypassing the webstore. I wasn't the first person to say it either, did you PM that person to rub it in their face also?

As for my prior post in this thread regarding you, as far as I see it, I'm not trash talking, I'm simply stating factual information. And the facts are..

A. You scored those mevlins prints with a rather shady method, burlesque decided to accept it but then set the rules so it wouldn't be grey area in the future.

B. You then, in very poor taste, messaged me, and who knows who else who was upset with your methods, to drymount with them.

C. When you want something, I know you bid high for it, and you bid multiple times. This isn't a knock, its just stating what you do. Either you really want things more than other people, or you just have more money to spend then other people. I got no problem with either of those.

As stated in the original thread, I was bummed that someone got it in a shady manner compared to everyone who went through the store. I was number 8 so regardless I wouldnt have gotten one if you order was canceled, however you can bet it if i was number 6 I'd be pretty pissed. Since I was 8, I didnt care too much. What I did care about, was you going around and drymounting with people after, so i've got no problem posting about it elsewhere.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue May 01, 2007 1:28 am

ok now i understand the drymounting jokes. clever idea.
element217
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 01, 2007 1:42 am

Congrats to him for winning the Melvins set. His whole collection is mostly Melvins so I am sure he enjoys it jsut as much as we would.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue May 01, 2007 1:55 am

element217 wrote:Congrats to him for winning the Melvins set. His whole collection is mostly Melvins so I am sure he enjoys it jsut as much as we would.
no argument there
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Tue May 01, 2007 12:33 pm

I honestly had to go back and look at the original posts on that Melvins poster since it was about six months ago and I really haven't thought about it once since it was brought up yesterday:
could you stretch the truth more? you say, "I whined so much", there was one, yes 1, post with regards to you. And all I said was that I was bummed that someone got one by bypassing the webstore. I wasn't the first person to say it either, did you PM that person to rub it in their face also?
No, you definately were whining in that one post. You brought it up after 1 other person already brought it up (and did so respectfully) and after there was already an explanation from Burlesque as to why I got the poster set. So that came across as whining. I'm not stretching the truth at all either because 2 posts down you were called a "whiny cocksucker" by another board member, not my words. You were also called rude by yet another member. In fairness to you, after looking at the post, it doesn't seem all that whiney this time around.
The other person who complained first was cooler about it in his post, I felt, so no, I didn't PM him to "rub his face in it." Just you.
. You scored those mevlins prints with a rather shady method, burlesque decided to accept it but then set the rules so it wouldn't be grey area in the future.
I strongly disagree with that. And the bottom line is that Burlesque disagreed with that as well, which is why I got the set and #6 guy didn't. There was nothing on their website or on their e-mail announcing the sale that said I couldn't do that. Those posters went on sale at 2:00, I went on the site at 2:00, didn't see any listing, so I sent it paypal. I would have had more of a reason to complain if I didn't get the prints than #6 guy. And If I thought I was doing something "shady" to get the print, do you think I would have announced it on the MB? Looking at your post from last December, it looks like you were bummed you didn't think of doing it yourself.
B. You then, in very poor taste, messaged me, and who knows who else who was upset with your methods, to drymount with them.
Sorry......again. I guess that was wrong of me, huh? I had just started to collect posters at that time and I was pretty new to the board and new to having a compuster in my house and didn't realize how serious some people take these posters, especially Horkey's. I take it serious too sometimes. I spent the whole day yesterday waiting for an Emek e-mail to come that never did. But again, I didn't PM anyone else, just you. Because of the reasons stated above.
C. When you want something, I know you bid high for it, and you bid multiple times. This isn't a knock, its just stating what you do. Either you really want things more than other people, or you just have more money to spend then other people. I got no problem with either of those.
I have money to blow.......for now. Just bought a record player, so now I need records, right? I DO think its a little weird your tracking my e-bay purchases. Good thing I'm not buying like dildos or anything. You would have put that on the board and then I would have been embarrased and ashamed. You cleared that up, though.
As stated in the original thread, I was bummed that someone got it in a shady manner compared to everyone who went through the store. I was number 8 so regardless I wouldnt have gotten one if you order was canceled, however you can bet it if i was number 6 I'd be pretty pissed. Since I was 8, I didnt care too much. What I did care about, was you going around and drymounting with people after, so i've got no problem posting about it elsewhere.
Again, I disagree it was shady for the reasons stated above, as did Burlesque, which is what matters most. I'm sure rules on purchases were changed after that after you and 1 other person voiced your opinions here. Again, didn't PM anyone else, just you. I think its possible your STILL kicking yourself for not sending the paypal direct at 2:00 like you said you were thinking about doing in your post.

I've said everything I needed to say on this subject.......which I think is really dumb and a waste of time this afternoon. It's a shame that its still being brought up six months later. Time to move on, bud. Good luck to you in the future on ebay and Burlesque.
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Tue May 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Congrats to him for winning the Melvins set. His whole collection is mostly Melvins so I am sure he enjoys it jsut as much as we would.
Thanks man. I do love the Melvins....and I do love Horkey's artwork, even though I'm not buying all his prints. It's cool just to look at them in here.

And its also pretty cool because I went to Austin for SXSW to see the Melvins and other bands and got to meet Letta and a few of the Burlesque people, who are all super friendly people! They even held on to my poster tubes for a day so my drunk ass didn't have to carry them around and loose them.

Anyways, I remember her teling me there was an Isis poster coming up, and I like Isis alot, so i've been on the lookout for this one for a little while.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue May 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Once again you stretch the truth... or your reading comprehension sucks

no one called me rude in that thread. no one called me a "whiney rooster sucker". those comments were made by other members towards people who emailed letta and chewed her out, which obviously means a lot of people were upset. For the record, the only email I sent her was to ask if I got one or not.

I stated my opinion, respectfully and only once, I said I wasnt there to stir up trouble, the exact same way as the other dude two posts before mine. He was "bummed" that "you managed to bypass the system in a way." his exact words. I said I was also bummed because someone got one by bypassing the system. Pretty much the same thing. If mine is whining, i guess his is also.

And don't act like it was a last resort because the "page wasnt working"

you yourself said "I just cut and pasted the e-mail, went directly to Paypal, hit SEND NOW exactly at 3:00 EST."

so obviously you planned this method prior to the sale.

as for me tracking your ebay purchases, once again stop making things up and stretching the truth. I stated earlier that you've been bidding on a lot of the same things I bid on or watch. In this case it just happens we like the same things, which is too bad cause we'd probably be good friends then if you weren't a piece of fudge.
Last edited by BlakeAronson on Tue May 01, 2007 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue May 01, 2007 1:05 pm

Horkey is the next EMEK... I'm making that assumption from this thread, pretend I have never seen either of their art...

:deadhorse:
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 pm

pjtaper wrote:Horkey is the next EMEK...

:deadhorse:
maybe emek is the next horkey...