The Idealization of Asymmetrical Thought 07 McPherson

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
watersbrad
Art Expert
Posts: 1003
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:57 am

2500 is a STEAL for that OG.
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
Posts: 5339
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:26 pm

mcgod wrote:
bigstrunso wrote:OG:

Image
have to admit, like it better than the screened version. hmm.
Me too. I like it without the background. Just the essence of the print.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51866
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:32 pm

Gotta love hot airheads.
User avatar
username
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 964
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:00 am
Contact:

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:54 pm

That's funny... my favorite thing about this print may very well be the background.

to each his own I guess.
User avatar
110thStreet
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Ecosse

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:51 pm

damn, that's fantastic. love the bubbles.

Any international buyers got the email from Geoff yet regarding extra shipping for the prints?
andydiesel
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Portland

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:19 pm

110thStreet wrote:damn, that's fantastic. love the bubbles.

Any international buyers got the email from Geoff yet regarding extra shipping for the prints?
we actually charge $35 bucks or so for all international orders over $100. No one has gotten upset yet. It works sooooo much better using Express Mail, the delivery time is like 2-4 days consistently and it seems like stuff doesn't get held up in customs as much or looked through.

I got pretty sick of dealing with stuff being stuck in customs for 6 weeks and them not telling anyone or customs going through tubes and ruining posters.
User avatar
110thStreet
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Ecosse

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:43 pm

andydiesel wrote:
110thStreet wrote:damn, that's fantastic. love the bubbles.

Any international buyers got the email from Geoff yet regarding extra shipping for the prints?
we actually charge $35 bucks or so for all international orders over $100. No one has gotten upset yet. It works sooooo much better using Express Mail, the delivery time is like 2-4 days consistently and it seems like stuff doesn't get held up in customs as much or looked through.

I got pretty sick of dealing with stuff being stuck in customs for 6 weeks and them not telling anyone or customs going through tubes and ruining posters.
Geoff said he was gonna contact international buyers with the extra shipping required. I ain't heard anything yet. That's all.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:15 am

Bet we will see this as a second edition soon. Can't wait.
User avatar
starkiller
EB Team
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:00 am

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:22 am

samuraiwriter wrote:Bet we will see this as a second edition soon. Can't wait.
I really hope not...
User avatar
Rev.Mike
Flipper
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:00 am
Location: MPLS

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:09 am

starkiller wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:Bet we will see this as a second edition soon. Can't wait.
I really hope not...
Maybe some AP's for sale like with the Horkey, but I highly doubt any further printings.
User avatar
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 15402
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ithaca, NY

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 am

I would be shocked if there was a 2nd printing, both for the time and costs but more so because of the goal/purpose of the DRDC series. I think it would greatly kill the interest in this print but more so in any future ones (because folks wouldn't have a drive to get them - they'd just wait for the anticipated 2nd edition, I mean).
2nd printing? Doubt it...
Tra la la la la...
User avatar
starkiller
EB Team
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:00 am

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Yamar wrote:I would be shocked if there was a 2nd printing, both for the time and costs but more so because of the goal/purpose of the DRDC series. I think it would greatly kill the interest in this print but more so in any future ones (because folks wouldn't have a drive to get them - they'd just wait for the anticipated 2nd edition, I mean).
2nd printing? Doubt it...
couldn't agree more.
djsp
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:00 am

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:08 pm

bigstrunso wrote:
palebird wrote:
bigstrunso wrote:The Jonathon Levine Gallery may have a couple left at he show opening this weekend. $800 each....
Serious?


Completely serious.
Per Jonathan LeVine Gallery

"Tara McPherson
The Idealization of Assymetrical Thought

18 Color Silkscreen

S/N Edition of 100..Tara went to Austin to assist in creating and printing this work. It sold out in one day!

22" x 30"

Only 3 available through Jonathan LeVine Gallery

$400.00"
bigstrunso
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:00 am

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Yeah, they just changed the price from 800 to 400........
bigstrunso
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:00 am

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:27 pm

Yeah, they just changed the price from 800 to 400........
Post Reply