Only Death is Real 12 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ejg904
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 1:00 am

Celsius wrote: I thought it was half-assed.
:lol:

you can say that maybe it should have had more colors, metallics, etc, but one thing you absolutely cannot say is that it was "half assed"
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
Celsius
Flipper

Sun May 27, 2012 1:03 am

ejg904 wrote:

you can say that maybe it should have had more colors, metallics, etc, but one thing you absolutely cannot say is that it was "half assed"
Yes I can. It's like he did the rhino and bird then put it out unfinished. I actually heard it was supposed to have been much more than this -- I think at least double the amount of screens -- but he ran out of time or something.

Edit: And, one more time, Andrew Bird >>> Fantastic Planet >> >>>>>>>>>>Only Death is Real (especially taking price into consideration).
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 27, 2012 10:51 am

Celsius wrote:
ejg904 wrote:

Yes I can. It's like he did the rhino and bird then put it out unfinished. I actually heard it was supposed to have been much more than this -- I think at least double the amount of screens -- but he ran out of time or something.
curious who you supposedly "heard" that from...my guess is nobody of consequence or merit
Baker
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 2:20 pm

What a foolish thing to say. If this print is half assed, then 99% of ALL prints released are half assed cause this in detail alone blows them out of the water. Maybe the image isnt your thing, but to call it half assed is foolish.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Jah
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Baker wrote:
What a foolish thing to say. If this print is half assed, then 99% of ALL prints released are half assed cause this in detail alone blows them out of the water. Maybe the image isnt your thing, but to call it half assed is foolish.
Agreed, how much more detail could he have put in?
T.H.C 5
mazdog
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 3:48 pm

if this is half-assed, how would you describe anything of MBW's, or banksy, or Damien Hirst prints??
As mentioned the detail and effort put into this (hell the detail and effort put into the helmet of the bird alone) is more so than appears to go into MOST of the stuff that is considered "popular" these days.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun May 27, 2012 7:17 pm

virtualmert wrote:art print of the year.
jester
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 8:13 pm

mazdog wrote:if this is half-assed, how would you describe anything of MBW's, or banksy, or Damien Hirst prints??
As mentioned the detail and effort put into this (hell the detail and effort put into the helmet of the bird alone) is more so than appears to go into MOST of the stuff that is considered "popular" these days.
I guess HE would say that they are 1/100 assed :clap: :clap: :clap:
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sun May 27, 2012 8:33 pm

i agree with him. the background is severely lacking in this print. all that black fill with dash of red seems like filler. the rhino is great. the bird is great. slap em together with that lackluster background and i also believe it could have been a lot better. no one is arguing the great detail in the rhino or bird, it's the rest of it. nesting has some awesome clouds, whale bone groves fill is a massive detailed moon, I honestly think the print would have been better as just a blackline, just the rhino and bird on white paper.
8=====D~~~~
Celsius
Flipper

Sun May 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Bralumian wrote:curious who you supposedly "heard" that from...my guess is nobody of consequence or merit
A reliable source. To even verify this, check out the hype in the Horkey thread before the print was even revealed. You think there would be any hype for a Horkey print with only 11 screens? Fantastic planet was 11 screens as well. It was hyped because it was going to be a monster, but things just couldn't work out and this is the result. Should've been greater.
Baker wrote:
Detail isn't the only thing that matters in the print. I don't deny the bird and rhinos are detailed, but it's still :-| as a whole. Needs more colors, needs some backgrounds, didn't live up to the hype at all. Especially with the price :vomit: I suppose at $60 I'd think better of it.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
deancc
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

for a piece titled Only Death is Real, i can't think of a more appropriate background than a solid wall of black. sometimes less is more. but the added red is a nice touch.
jas1239
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 27, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm pretty sure this is going to look badass framed and hanging on my wall
jester
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 11:59 pm

jas1239 wrote:I'm pretty sure this is going to look badass framed and hanging on my wall
:clap:
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 28, 2012 12:12 am

Celsius wrote:
Bralumian wrote:curious who you supposedly "heard" that from...my guess is nobody of consequence or merit
A reliable source. To even verify this, check out the hype in the Horkey thread before the print was even revealed. You think there would be any hype for a Horkey print with only 11 screens? Fantastic planet was 11 screens as well. It was hyped because it was going to be a monster, but things just couldn't work out and this is the result. Should've been greater.
"a reliable source' - sounds like BS to me. also, just because somebody on a message board purported/hyped that it was going to be 20 screens doesn't mean things didn't work out.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am

I think the problem, is just that the celsius dude is into hype. Isn't there a hipster sweater mustache carnival he should be attending tonight rather than posting about an artist he doesn't get?