13 Assassins 12 Zouravliov

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
zapper
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:00 am
Location: San Francisco, Ca

Thu May 24, 2012 12:15 pm

BonesUno wrote:
spankman wrote:I really like this but it looks like I wont be able to mat this without triggering my ocd. I wish they would of lowered the samurai guy just a little bit. :roll:
That helmet being cut exactly at the edge bothers me. It´s just a basic mistake, and makes it all seem badly cropped.
On first thought I hoped that since there is only black ink on white paper, the border of the paper would add at least half an inch of extra realestate, thus eliminate the problem.
After a closer look at Mondo´s detail shots I´m sad to say it looks badly cropped.
http://blog.mondotees.com/wp-content/up ... etail3.jpg

Image

Was hyped before, meh, its still awesome

:roll:
I dunno...it looks badass to me!
Maybe Mondo should have you check and approve the posters before they sell them :rolling:
Robinda
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:59 am

Thu May 24, 2012 12:17 pm

refreshed page all afternoon, then it white-screened me all the way to the SOLD OUT tweet. Grrrrrr......anyone have buyers remorse?

EDIT: Never mind. Scored a white on the bay for reasonable.
Last edited by Robinda on Thu May 24, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BonesUno
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 am
Location: Norway

Thu May 24, 2012 12:27 pm

zapper wrote: :roll:
I dunno...it looks badass to me!
Maybe Mondo should have you check and approve the posters before they sell them :rolling:
Since I got stuck in checkout I at least won´t have to look at it every drymounting day :lol:
User avatar
spankman
Art Expert
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 am

Thu May 24, 2012 1:19 pm

zapper wrote:
:roll:
I dunno...it looks badass to me!
Maybe Mondo should have you check and approve the posters before they sell them :rolling:
Dont act like you wouldnt want that type of control. :P fudge it worked on King Kong's moobs
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
User avatar
jjdungca
Art Expert
Posts: 2604
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am

Thu May 24, 2012 1:38 pm

I got a white colorway! First drop I got something from Mondo that was worth framing and not just any frame, custom frame!
ImageImageImage
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8342
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

jjdungca wrote:I got a white colorway! First drop I got something from Mondo that was worth framing and not just any frame, custom frame!
great first post! you will love it, i am sure! post pics when you get it framed as well.

and welcome!!! :D
Image
cyoung1776
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 am

Thu May 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Let me state this for the record: I love Mondo prints, but Mondo's checkout system is complete horse sh*t. I was literally looking at the screen the second this print was posted, clicked add to cart, and before i got finished checking out....all gone. call me crazy, but if its in my cart, it should be mine (at least give a couple minute window, that doesn't seem too unreasonable of a request). Think about if that happened in any other setting...You're at the supermarket and manage to snag the last bag of cool ranch Doritos, you put them in your cart, and somebody else buys them because they whipped out their debit card before you...it makes no sense....(*calms down, takes a breath), obviously, I was more than a little angry. But since this is a discussion about the print, not Mondo's ridiculous checkout system, I'll close by saying- this print is awesome, and I think the fact that it looks like it belongs in a fine art gallery as opposed to a movie print collection only adds to its appeal.
User avatar
dsanacore
Art Expert
Posts: 6407
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: USA

Thu May 24, 2012 7:21 pm

cyoung1776 wrote:Let me state this for the record: I love Mondo prints, but Mondo's checkout system is complete horse sh*t. I was literally looking at the screen the second this print was posted, clicked add to cart, and before i got finished checking out....all gone. call me crazy, but if its in my cart, it should be mine (at least give a couple minute window, that doesn't seem too unreasonable of a request). Think about if that happened in any other setting...You're at the supermarket and manage to snag the last bag of cool ranch Doritos, you put them in your cart, and somebody else buys them because they whipped out their debit card before you...it makes no sense....(*calms down, takes a breath), obviously, I was more than a little angry. But since this is a discussion about the print, not Mondo's ridiculous checkout system, I'll close by saying- this print is awesome, and I think the fact that it looks like it belongs in a fine art gallery as opposed to a movie print collection only adds to its appeal.
I think you meant to post this on facebook?
Image Image
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15992
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Thu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

You may want to read the fine print stated next to the picture of each print for sale on the site

"NOTE: Adding the item to your cart does not guarantee your purchase. You must fully complete the checkout before the item is considered yours. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for poster to ship."
User avatar
GatorsCanes
Art Expert
Posts: 2549
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Not Austin

Thu May 24, 2012 7:34 pm

dsanacore wrote:
cyoung1776 wrote:Let me state this for the record: I love Mondo prints, but Mondo's checkout system is complete horse sh*t. I was literally looking at the screen the second this print was posted, clicked add to cart, and before i got finished checking out....all gone. call me crazy, but if its in my cart, it should be mine (at least give a couple minute window, that doesn't seem too unreasonable of a request). Think about if that happened in any other setting...You're at the supermarket and manage to snag the last bag of cool ranch Doritos, you put them in your cart, and somebody else buys them because they whipped out their debit card before you...it makes no sense....(*calms down, takes a breath), obviously, I was more than a little angry. But since this is a discussion about the print, not Mondo's ridiculous checkout system, I'll close by saying- this print is awesome, and I think the fact that it looks like it belongs in a fine art gallery as opposed to a movie print collection only adds to its appeal.
I think you meant to post this on facebook?
:rolling:
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17546
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Thu May 24, 2012 7:53 pm

cyoung1776 wrote:Let me state this for the record: I love Mondo prints, but Mondo's checkout system is complete horse sh*t. I was literally looking at the screen the second this print was posted, clicked add to cart, and before i got finished checking out....all gone. call me crazy, but if its in my cart, it should be mine (at least give a couple minute window, that doesn't seem too unreasonable of a request). Think about if that happened in any other setting...You're at the supermarket and manage to snag the last bag of cool ranch Doritos, you put them in your cart, and somebody else buys them because they whipped out their debit card before you...it makes no sense....(*calms down, takes a breath), obviously, I was more than a little angry. But since this is a discussion about the print, not Mondo's ridiculous checkout system, I'll close by saying- this print is awesome, and I think the fact that it looks like it belongs in a fine art gallery as opposed to a movie print collection only adds to its appeal.
so if they switch to the system you want them to, and you can't even add it to your cart in the first place and are stuck F5'ing for an additional 30 minutes waiting for a few to be dropped out of hoarders' carts, what would you say then?
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
piomba
Art Expert
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Thu May 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch this film. A great story. Well executed. Dare I say Badass! And this print is a beauty. Congrats to all that scored... I'm off to scour the bay for a copy.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10976
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Fri May 25, 2012 4:04 am

First Mondo in forever where there wasn't 25 to 50 of them on Ebay the same day they dropped. (Each print individually)
Image
cyoung1776
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 am

Fri May 25, 2012 6:06 am

RiotAct wrote:
cyoung1776 wrote:Let me state this for the record: I love Mondo prints, but Mondo's checkout system is complete horse sh*t. I was literally looking at the screen the second this print was posted, clicked add to cart, and before i got finished checking out....all gone. call me crazy, but if its in my cart, it should be mine (at least give a couple minute window, that doesn't seem too unreasonable of a request). Think about if that happened in any other setting...You're at the supermarket and manage to snag the last bag of cool ranch Doritos, you put them in your cart, and somebody else buys them because they whipped out their debit card before you...it makes no sense....(*calms down, takes a breath), obviously, I was more than a little angry. But since this is a discussion about the print, not Mondo's ridiculous checkout system, I'll close by saying- this print is awesome, and I think the fact that it looks like it belongs in a fine art gallery as opposed to a movie print collection only adds to its appeal.
so if they switch to the system you want them to, and you can't even add it to your cart in the first place and are stuck F5'ing for an additional 30 minutes waiting for a few to be dropped out of hoarders' carts, what would you say then?
I would be much happier with that, I prefer the way Big Cartels checkout works as opposed to Mondos, at least when its in YOUR cart YOU get the chance to buy it. All that Mondo really make it so that their checkout only allows you to place one of each item in your cart (cant really horde with only one) and put a 2-3 minute timer to purchase, if the clock expires, the prints are dumped back into the market. Thats how it works when you purchase tickets to a concert or event typically, and its a big improvement over "yes i got one..now just let me checkout..........wtf" system.
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7449
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Sat May 26, 2012 5:32 am

If they switched to bigcartel there would be the same amount of people complaining. You've gotta be quick with both systems.

I can't wait to get this print in. Glad I kept the horkey/vania dracula now.
Post Reply