The Iron Giant 12 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fCon
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am

anocur wrote:Price change? 280 pounds now on his store... = 430 USD :hanging:

Kongs for the same price.
Prices still show in Euro for me.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:38 am

never underestimate the power of illusion

280 euros :clap:
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:39 am

Wawaad wrote:never underestimate the power of illusion

Still a ridiculous price. :hanging:
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
Wawaad
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 am

Cbjornson wrote:

hell yeaaaaaaaaah

that was sarcasm up there, is he off his mind? 400+ on that print?
I actually can't believe this is for real, I think it must be a mistake
unless it is an edition of 1
anocur
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:51 am

I fail at currency symbols, carry on :)
appletree wrote:People hang this stuff up? I thought it was supposed to go under my bed, gain value, and then make me some phat money? limited paper mayne
Wawaad
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:08 am

anocur wrote:I fail at currency symbols, carry on :)
I am done and I do feel much better after the rant
Jackpupucon
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Wawaad wrote:
Cbjornson wrote:

hell yeaaaaaaaaah

I don't think $350 is a ridiculous price for something as rare and desired as a signed Artist proof which exists only in 10 copies. Is it rare? yes, is it beautiful? you bet, rare + beautiful = valuable. I believe you guys have forgotten how cheap $60 is for a 9 colours screenprint of such quality… This guy works 3 weeks on a single image, I've been told that these AP's which he will hopefully put up for sale are a substantial part of his salary. Besides, nobody is forcing you to buy it from him, try the Mondo drop and you might get lucky. but it won't be signed though… cheers
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Jackpupucon wrote:rare + beautiful = valuable.
Not really.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:24 pm

So he charges $300 for his autograph, give me a break. Maybe a variant run of only 8 could justify such a hike but I can't see why he would even want to charge that much more just to emboss it. I guess he will personalize it for you upon request which is cool and the price does encourage collectors to buy instead of flippers. It could still be $150-$200 cheaper and accomplish the same thing. I am interested to see if these sell out right away.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Wawaad
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Jackpupucon wrote:
Wawaad wrote:
Cbjornson wrote:

hell yeaaaaaaaaah

I don't think $350 is a ridiculous price for something as rare and desired as a signed Artist proof which exists only in 10 copies. Is it rare? yes, is it beautiful? you bet, rare + beautiful = valuable. I believe you guys have forgotten how cheap $60 is for a 9 colours screenprint of such quality… This guy works 3 weeks on a single image, I've been told that these AP's which he will hopefully put up for sale are a substantial part of his salary. Besides, nobody is forcing you to buy it from him, try the Mondo drop and you might get lucky. but it won't be signed though… cheers
Olly Moss must be a fool then
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Jackpupucon wrote:
Wawaad wrote:
Cbjornson wrote:

hell yeaaaaaaaaah

And in truth that's even if they have enough left for a mondo Drop, which I hope they do to give everyone a fair shot at one of these beauties, but they sold prints both days the Iron Giant showed (Saturday and Sunday) and I saw lines 30 plus people deep on just Sunday alone, I heard it was even deeper on Saturday. I do know this, it was amazing seeing IG on the big screen. Worth the trip alone, print or no print.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
spankman
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:56 pm

$350!!! Does this dude think Laurent Durieux mean Tyler Stout in french?
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
kyler4444
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I received my Iron Giant print yesterday and I"ve got to say that it's beautiful and pictures don't do it justice. That being said, his prices are steep and I guess we'll see if the market supports his pricing.

If these prints are a hot item after the supposed Mondo drop and are in high demand, which I believe they will be, then Laurent may not have a problem selling the remaining AP prints on his website. It will interesting to see how this all turns out and if other artists follow suit if he is successful.

I'm guessing that he's asking for extra cash because he's having to pay for all of that free health care they have.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Maybe you get a free blumpkin w/ each purchase
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
technique
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm

He's smart charging that much before France gets that 75% tax they want in place