Ramones 12 Tong

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat May 19, 2012 6:41 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Ramones 12 Tong

desch
Art Expert

Sat May 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Pretty cool! Did a search and found this site.

http://artshow.warnerbrosrecords.com/

Apparently you need to make a purchase request for each poster. Sent an e-mail and will report when I hear more.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
Celsius
Flipper

Sat May 19, 2012 6:59 pm

I emailed last night and still nothing. Apparently orders won't process till Monday cause they're closed for the weekend, I think. Was going to drop by the show today but I don't want to go all the way over there just to find out it's closed.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
ricv64
Art Expert

Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 am

Ramones to me are a big muscle car , 66 GTO .
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
Dreadyhead4
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Got an email back, these are still available as of 10 minutes ago.
ImageTHCImage
Celsius
Flipper

Tue May 22, 2012 8:58 pm

I went to do a local pick up recently and I would recommend not buying from there if you plan to have it shipped. The tubes they will use looks like the kind used on paper towel packets and they have no end caps -- it's the fold in kind -- and they look pretty weak and I think the tube mouth is smaller than 3 inches. The WB only has 75/300 with the rest going to Tong. Unless you want to try risking the shipping, I recommend buying from Tong, as he'll have 225 to sell and he knows how to properly ship. With the WB it will be a gamble.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Tue May 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Celsius wrote:I went to do a local pick up recently and I would recommend not buying from there if you plan to have it shipped. The tubes they will use looks like the kind used on paper towel packets and they have no end caps -- it's the fold in kind -- and they look pretty weak and I think the tube mouth is smaller than 3 inches. The WB only has 75/300 with the rest going to Tong. Unless you want to try risking the shipping, I recommend buying from Tong, as he'll have 225 to sell and he knows how to properly ship. With the WB it will be a gamble.
Hey Celsius,

Where did you go to get these? I got a response from an Ava over there that the prints were available yesterday, but then no response when I asked about paying for them. Is it possible to just walk in to buy them without reserving it first?
Dreadyhead4
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 22, 2012 9:06 pm

doh. Called back and they are shipping mine in a big tube (with end caps). Ava was really helpful.
ImageTHCImage
Celsius
Flipper

Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Dreadyhead4 wrote:doh. Called back and they are shipping mine in a big tube (with end caps). Ava was really helpful.
Hmmm, maybe it was only the local pick up tubes that are endcap-less. Let us know how it arrives. When I went 15 were sold, and I bought one so 16.

Celsius
Flipper

Tue May 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Celsius wrote:
Dreadyhead4 wrote:doh. Called back and they are shipping mine in a big tube (with end caps). Ava was really helpful.
Hmmm, maybe it was only the local pick up tubes that are endcap-less. Let us know how it arrives. When I went 15 were sold, and I bought one so 16.
dinkydoggy wrote:Hey Celsius,

Where did you go to get these? I got a response from an Ava over there that the prints were available yesterday, but then no response when I asked about paying for them. Is it possible to just walk in to buy them without reserving it first?

No. Visitors aren't normally allowed in the building. I contacted Ava and she was really helpful and nice. Just email and ask to do a local pick up. She'll arrange a time for you to come in. You can pay with your CC in person as well as check out the show, which is in a small area on the second floor. The show runs until September. Also, since there were over 50 left, I don't think you need to worry about it selling out. The building is nice and there's lots of street parking for free too.

dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Tue May 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Celsius wrote:
Celsius wrote:
Dreadyhead4 wrote:

No. Visitors aren't normally allowed in the building. I contacted Ava and she was really helpful and nice. Just email and ask to do a local pick up. She'll arrange a time for you to come in. You can pay with your CC in person as well as check out the show, which is in a small area on the second floor. The show runs until September. Also, since there were over 50 left, I don't think you need to worry about it selling out. The building is nice and there's lots of street parking for free too.
Ava must be trolling this forum because she got right back to me after I just emailed her again; she does seem really nice. Thanks for all the info, it looks like I should be cool to go get some prints in the morning.
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 7:00 am

Celsius wrote:I went to do a local pick up recently and I would recommend not buying from there if you plan to have it shipped. The tubes they will use looks like the kind used on paper towel packets and they have no end caps -- it's the fold in kind -- and they look pretty weak and I think the tube mouth is smaller than 3 inches. The WB only has 75/300 with the rest going to Tong. Unless you want to try risking the shipping, I recommend buying from Tong, as he'll have 225 to sell and he knows how to properly ship. With the WB it will be a gamble.
Update:
I went there on Wednesday to pick this print up and mentioned to Ava everyone's concerns with regards to the crappy shipping tubes, whereupon she confirmed that she wasn't going to be mailing anything out until she got in some bigger, thicker tubes. Ava, who still has to perform her regular duties there as an assistant, is, understandably, more than open to hearing out any concerns anyone might have about s/h because she'd really like to avoid having to deal with a whole bunch of returns. So just tell her how you'd like your orders shipped out, and I'm sure she'll do what she can to accomodate you.

All that being said, this print is way cooler in person, so if you're a fan of Tong's or The RAMONES, you should get one!
downtown
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 am

Looks nice. I'm never up for sending a request to buy something though. No matter how nice it is. Give me a buy button or forget it.
fredo
Art God

Fri May 25, 2012 10:48 am

These are for fantasy gigs, then? Weird.
just a foil for me today, thanks
downtown
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 10:52 am

It seems like nostalgia is the driving force behind all the trends these days including the rerelease movie poster phenomenon. Were a nation of saps.