Converge Japan 07 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dwyutzey
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:58 pm

there are so many more productive ways to vent frustration. I feel badly for those who didnt get in...like myself....not so badly for those who thought they were in but didnt really even want the prints in the first place (and already had them listed for sale or trade)

thems the breaks. It's just paper and ink
Last edited by dwyutzey on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ketstroxan
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:59 pm

tj wrote:
laraburlesque wrote:refunds will go out today.
paypal is being tarded.
i really REALLY hope that's an idiocracy reference.
come back latuh, baitin'!
mcnail
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:04 pm

Nevermind, I'm keeping my mouth shut this week.
kyle
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:13 pm

sasquatch wrote:
kyle wrote:
sasquatch wrote:just got refunded. Amateur hour over their at Burlesque. Lame.

why weren't you prepared? There are easy enough ways to avoid these problems.
careful. i made the mistake of being a whiny asshole last week.

in fact i even used the word lame.

just a friendly warning.

no one likes re-runs.
And what happened? Were you banned from buying posters that you were just going to refunded for anyway?
I was reminded of how awesome BoNA is and put in my place for running my mouth in a negative way. Learned not to post as a vent without thinking.

but, it appears you have been spared.
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
laraburlesque
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:17 pm

Once again I'm the bad guy.

Anyhow.
There is an apology with the refund.
Also, I just sent out the last one, so if you didn't get one you're in.
There wasn't much anyone could have done about this one.
I've never seen anything like it. I thought the print would sell out in, say, ten maybe fifteen minutes, not 1 and a half.

So, again, to all of you who didn't get a chance to buy one, or got refunded, sorry.

I didn't get one either.
So there.
Now stop talking crap.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:17 pm

Again, I may have a black for trade. PM me w/ offers.
thegig
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks for all your hard work, Lara. fudge happens, and I would think everyone here would understand that. Did all the set orders work out fine? I got a sweatshirt set. Thanks again.
Flimby

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:22 pm

thegig wrote:Thanks for all your hard work, Lara. fudge happens, and I would think everyone here would understand that.
what he said
dwyutzey
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Lara, you're in an extremely unenviable position. You're not the bad guy, just the lightning rod. Sorry that people lashed out at you. I sincerely don't think you need to apologize on behalf of yourself or Burlesque.

then end
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Some of ya'll are some whiney bitches.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:37 pm

yeah, what he said. :shock:
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:40 pm

ok, guys. i know how you feel, because missing out never feels good, BUT

first of all if you are into obey or emek prints you might already got used to that feeling. emek even had prints that are shown on his homepage that never got officially released. for example he got a pearl jam print that only 2 people around here have. to whom do you bitch about that? obey prints most of the time last in the webshop for seconds after release.

second, it sold out in under 2 minutes, so how do you prepare for that? the last converge was up for days at a price of around 40$. the complete set this time did cost 110$, do you really think someone would expect so many consumers to bomb the webshop at that price that it even slows down the server so much that you got the impression your pc hung up?

third, let's be rational for a second. the black variant was available at deathwish for hours and the heads up was given right here in the forum, so if you just halfway kept your eyes open you definately got that one for sure. the black one has an edition of 275 (!!) and the white one got an edition of 200 (!), so do you really think you won't get any chance to buy one? wait a while until the maniacs that see their only chance to get one in the first ones that pop up on ebay buy them for unreasonable prices have gone by and after a month buy it there for a reasonable price.

fourth, all the staff at burlesque are very very very nice people who try to keep you satisfied. stop giving them a hard time and let them just create great art for us. they are one of the top printing studios in america.

fifth, why do you keep picking on lara? she is doing this for weeks now, letta has been doing this for years. she is trying hard, cut her some slags. for petes sakes she gave you an apology even though she does not owe you anything. how would you feel if you get bombed with hundreds of mails out of a sudden and run sales and stuff and still get isht from so many people . could you handle it?

sixth, to all you people that swear and talk people down, if you would just be a little bit nicer maybe someone would have already offered to give you half of his set for a reasonable price? who knows?

seventh and last, don't some of you find it a bit hypocritical to buy art from a company and on the other hand talk them down if not everything goes how you want it? just like "nahh, i don't like em, but i hang their posters on my wall". what is that about?

sorry if i offended anybody, but that had to go out.
Last edited by iratasan on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:41 pm

like the 7 deadly sins.
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:42 pm

jojobadass wrote:like the 7 deadly sins.
hallelujah, brother. :D
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:43 pm

jojobadass wrote:like the 7 deadly sins.
I couldn't get past the 1st one sorry. :lol: