Converge Japan 07 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mcnail
Art Expert

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:54 am

palebird wrote:Hey mitch, how did you score this customized horkey?
Favors, money, and patience.
Ansel_Marrow
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:46 am

The colors on this one are nice, but sadly, this one probabaly wont make my collection. Sure its gorgeous, but its slightly more of the same (earlier converge one).Same thing with the fantomas one, just doesnt float my boat.

I will pick up that new hopecon print though, its evil looking.
chope
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:31 pm

Rev.Mike wrote:Yea, all the originals I've seen were on letter sized paper or smaller, it's pretty insane the detail he gets at that small size and how well it translate to being blown up. From what I hear, sometimes even he is impressed.
That's a hell of a doodle you got here Mitch, the one piece I have that's been embellished isn't quite that elaborate, but it's mine.
Thats insane. I dont know any illustrator that draws that small and then blows the art up to poster size. You should lose the detail, but somehow his stuff looks crisp and clean. crazy. I gotta see an original now.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:03 pm

chope wrote:
Rev.Mike wrote:Yea, all the originals I've seen were on letter sized paper or smaller, it's pretty insane the detail he gets at that small size and how well it translate to being blown up. From what I hear, sometimes even he is impressed.
That's a hell of a doodle you got here Mitch, the one piece I have that's been embellished isn't quite that elaborate, but it's mine.
Thats insane. I dont know any illustrator that draws that small and then blows the art up to poster size. You should lose the detail, but somehow his stuff looks crisp and clean. crazy. I gotta see an original now.
take a look at the pictures on here for the sunn/boris altar tour poster. you'll find some of the original drawings. Pretty cool to see how he setsup all the lettering.
kyle
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:14 pm

i speculate that wes's skills have alot to do with how well aaron's original art transfers over to actual screens.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:35 pm

Bingo.
chope
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:13 pm

Weekly Award winner for sure.... bring on the on sale.
carlos
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:44 am

how does one get on the BoNA mailing list?
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:55 am

carlos
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:43 pm

thanks!
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:54 pm

anyone know if the size listed on this is accurate (specifically the 36" height), or happen to know sizes on his other 2 new ones? I'm planning a big framing order for oversized stuff that i'll go pick up direct at americanframe so I don't have to pay the extra fees so I'd like to include these if they're going to be typically huge.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 pm

I would recommend not ordering a frame until you can actually measure the print yourself, but that's just me maybe.
coxgt
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:03 pm

Rev.Mike wrote:I would recommend not ordering a frame until you can actually measure the print yourself, but that's just me maybe.
It's not just you.
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
kyle
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:48 pm

coxgt wrote:
Rev.Mike wrote:I would recommend not ordering a frame until you can actually measure the print yourself, but that's just me maybe.
It's not just you.
thirded.

it suprises me that so many posters are bastard sizes.

wtf is everyone thinking. it makes very little sense to me.

more expensive to frame = less likely to ever be appreciated.

anyone have the answer ?
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:49 pm

kyle wrote:
coxgt wrote:
It's not just you.
thirded.

it suprises me that so many posters are bastard sizes.

wtf is everyone thinking. it makes very little sense to me.

more expensive to frame = less likely to ever be appreciated.

anyone have the answer ?
I don't think the artist's primary concern is "how easy is this be framed?".